STH360 (50 % done) continues elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
HYPER SONILDOW said:
Doesn't anyone get what I'm saying? I can't put shadow and silver in the wad! How do I do this? ~._.~
You don't, it's almost impossible to add two character WADs into a mod. Just include the character WADs into the ZIP that the Mod is uploaded in and add them into the BAT file. That way, the characters can be added easier, and anyone who doesn't already have those WADs can get them all in one convenient package.
Don't forget to include Blaze! *shot*
EDIT: What Conicpp just said.

Dude, we need to get you a bullet-proof vest. But they are correct in essentials, SONILDOW. That's what SMS does with his mariopack.

Dr.Pepper said:
HYPER SONILDOW said:
Doesn't anyone get what I'm saying? I can't put shadow and silver in the wad! How do I do this? ~._.~
You don't, it's almost impossible to add two character WADs into a mod. Just include the character WADs into the ZIP that the Mod is uploaded in and just add the files into the BAT file. That way, the characters can be added easier, and anyone who doesn't already have those WADs can get them all in one convenient package.
Don't forget to include Blaze! *shot*
EDIT: What Conicpp just said.

Thank you Dr. Pepper, Well sorry other people who wanted the character wads to be automatically in the sth360.wad, (so I was already right for making a BAT file.) Dang, On white acropolis I'm at the part where sonic meets tails, and i'm starting on the valley part too. YES!

No no no. Release all the characters in a seperate optional ZIP and/or link to their topics. Most of the people who download this mod would already have them, so why download them again?

I'll Begin said:
No no no. Release all the characters in a seperate optional ZIP and/or link to their topics. Most of the people who download this mod would already have them, so why download them again?

Hmmm, your right I'll Begin. Yeah, I'll link to the characters.

Not to rush you or anything, but what levels are you planning to make next?

I'm looking forward to kingdom valley when it comes around!

Then you got a while to wait, because as I recall Kingdom Valley is the last level Sonic goes through. Or that could be Tropical Jungle that's last, It's been 2 years.

I like the new HUD, I can see myself ripping it out of the WAD and using it while playing in other map packs! >:D
HYPER SONILDOW said:
I'll Forget said:

Hmmm, your right I'll Begin. Yeah, I'll link to the characters.
Uber unnoticeable edit. >:D *horribly mauled and left for dead*
Yeah, but DL links die/move sometimes and not everyone has all of the needed WADs, then who ever downloads the mod can't use the BAT file properly or get the full experience until the author(s) of the WAD(s) reuploads them.
Including all of the characters in the same zip as the mod isn't that big a deal, all of them put together are less than half a megabyte compressed, as opposed to the already massive size of the WAD. Trust me, you'll save yourself a lot more frustration and topic-clutter from n00bs screaming "!11!I CAN NO GETZ SILVR WAD THE MODE NOO WOK!!1FIX IT!!1!" than from people complaining about the WADs being in there in the first place.

Thank you Dr. Pepper, Well sorry other people who wanted the character wads to be automatically in the sth360.wad, (so I was already right for making a BAT file.) Dang, On white acropolis I'm at the part where sonic meets tails, and i'm starting on the valley part too. YES![/quote]

Do you know how to do the thing in the Sonic Heroes wad where Sonic turns into tails or knuckles by going into the different coloured light?
That would be a good way to change characters for that certain part of white acropolis.

Daiches39 Has reason In sonic Hereos wad there a check point where automaticly change The character !! HS you can do this for WOZ 2(Wave Ocean 2) For change sonic in tails!!!

darkness claw said:
Darn, that's too bad.
Anyway, how's White Acropolis going, Sonildow?
The screenies look promising.
It's going well. I got to learn how to do that character change thing though.

Yeah, The Character swap posts would make your mod even more uber!

And, this is just my opinion, but I would find it much easier to keep this mod as a .wad file, and just add the characters while playing.
The EXE (and BAT file) idea might have some disadvantages. All to complicated for some people, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back