STH360 (50 % done) continues elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
STHE123O said:
What are you saying?? This mod is cool! and HS are doing his best!

This is the best mod ever! And Sonic Adventure mod is cool for next gen, the red walls will be fixed and the controls are Ok for me!

Ignore it HYPER SONILDOW, continue doing the best mod...

So you are saying this "mod" of his is the best it could ever be and it couldn't use any improvement whatsoever?
I just told him the many many ways he could fix his "mod" and make it WORTH playing.

By saying that you are just sounding like an idiot.
Just because you are willing to eat crap and smile while swallowing it down doesn't mean the rest of us are.
I am just asking for some remote amount of quality here. Thats all.
If a "mod" is posted on the MB then it deserves all the feedback it can recieve on it and how to make it better.
Do you think Mystic Realm was made overnight (Not counting the goddamn emerald maze stage that hopefully Mystic will get around to replacing some time.)?
Everything needs work in this level pack and I am sorry if you are just too blind enough to see it.
I made that post to help him... blindly supporting him will do nothing but make his skills stagnate in one spot.

Kroze said:
STHE123O said:

This is the best mod ever! And Sonic Adventure mod is cool for next gen, the red walls will be fixed and the controls are Ok for me!

So you are saying this "mod" of his is the best it could ever be and it couldn't use any improvement whatsoever?
I just told him the many many ways he could fix his "mod" and make it WORTH playing.

By saying that you are just sounding like an idiot.
Just because you are willing to eat crap and smile while swallowing it down doesn't mean the rest of us are.

He's not an idiot, Why do you have to be like that man, I see that you are trying to help me make this mod better, but that doesn't give you the rights to call him an idiot..... I'm already fixing this mod and what you've said in your post before I already fixed those problems. -_-'

STHE123O said:

It's a good idea to avoid using the superlative in references like these, however this mod is still pretty decent.

Ignore Kroze, HS. Have you noticed how he is the only one being this critical so far?

STHE123O said:

...I'm sorry, but Kroze is absolutely correct here. Copying stuff from something that's already been done, and was been done terribly, is not "doing his best." If he wants to make a Next-Gen mod, fine and good, but he should be prepared to be criticized for it. It was a terrible game. All post-SA2 3D Sonic games are considered terrible by a lot of people. And SRB2's "Adventure mode" is really just a terrible implementation of SA2's controls, to boot. Throw that all together and you get crap. You really do. You may enjoy it, but that doesn't make the pack "good" by any means. Also, this is not, by any stretch, "the best mod".

Chisuun said:
Ignore Kroze, HS. Have you noticed how he is the only one being this critical so far?

I believe a lot of people agree with Kroze's assessment, but just don't want to bother reviewing it. I, for one, agree with him completely.

It's not the worst mod either.

...Wait...

Any mod that tells you how much a certain map lags is crap.

Also,

<insert all of Kroze's reasons here>

For me is the best mod, I liked the next gen levels and sprites, the SA mode is excelent in my computer and the controls too. And in my Windows XP, I don´t see laggs.

I am very happy because this mod is going better and better, I can´t wait to the new beta.

If you don´t like it, don´t play it.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
He's not an idiot, Why do you have to be like that man, I see that you are trying to help me make this mod better, but that doesn't give you the rights to call him an idiot.....

I wasn't calling him a idiot... if you read what I said I said that just blindly saying that was making him sound like an idiot...
Two very different things.

I'm already fixing this mod and what you've said in your post before I already fixed those problems. -_-'

That is quite good to hear and I can't wait to try the next version to see how improved it is.

Chisuun said:

I'm not sure when we stopped looking for quality stuff around here or when we were willing to be ok with "decent" levels around here, but I don't think quality is too much to ask for.
And the reason I am the only one being critical is because they've gotten use to a sub-standard quality of levels and other things released around here as of late.
I for one have not.
I posted in here to help and to give advice to make this level pack become better then it currently is... isn't what this MB is suppose to be used for?

Dark Warrior said:
STHE123O said:

...I'm sorry, but Kroze is absolutely correct here. Copying stuff from something that's already been done, and was been done terribly, is not "doing his best." If he wants to make a Next-Gen mod, fine and good, but he should be prepared to be criticized for it. It was a terrible game. All post-SA2 3D Sonic games are considered terrible by a lot of people. And SRB2's "Adventure mode" is really just a terrible implementation of SA2's controls, to boot. Throw that all together and you get crap. You really do. You may enjoy it, but that doesn't make the pack "good" by any means. Also, this is not, by any stretch, "the best mod".

Yeah my mod isn't the best mod /._.\. If Dark Warrior thinks it is not the best then it isn't the best, but is good right? I'm not trying to make the same mistakes that SEGA made, I'm trying to fix it and make this mod better, but yeah my mod isn't that great.......

Kroze, you're being far too hard on Sonildow, and clearly haven't read the topic thoroughly enough to understand that this is a Beta, which clearly needs a lot more development time and room for improvement anyway. The town is only empty because the people in it aren't ready to add to the map yet, for example, it's not intentionally empty, etc.

Kroze said:
I'm not sure when we stopped looking for quality stuff around here or when we were willing to be ok with "decent" levels around here, but I don't think quality is too much to ask for.
And the reason I am the only one being critical is because they've gotten use to a sub-standard quality of levels and other things released around here as of late.
I for one have not.
I posted in here to help and to give advice to make this level pack become better then it currently is... isn't what this MB is suppose to be used for?

A good point, Kroze. I, myself, haven't been around for that long (June 2007) and, between then and now, there haven't been very many great mods. Still, it's not to say a lot of effort has gone into this mod. My suggestion to Hyper Sonildow is to cut the SA mode--there are ways to implement the homing and lightdash sequences from the games into SRB2--style gameplay. I have done it.

Kroze said:
That is quite good to hear and I can't wait to try the next version to see how improved it is

Heh heh.... Ok Wait for my next version *smirks*

*mumbles to myself* did he just bet me? Holy crap how am I going to pull this one off *paces* Ok now I got it....*works on mod*

I think Kroze could have used a little more tact, but I REALLY don't know why I didn't just oppose this mod from the beginning. I knew very dang well that porting levels, especially linear, boring levels, is a bad idea. No, HS, don't make multiple paths like I suggested earlier. Start making regular levels. I knew that porting levels is a bad idea, why didn't I interject? X_X

Sonic Team either needs to fire their 3D level design team or have them read this. It's sad really; an amateur community has a bunch of people who are far better mappers than Sonic Team's level design team. Heck, even poor maps like Poison Prison Zone rival the quality of Sonic Team's levels. Be better than Sonic Team. Make your own levels. ^_^

I will probably regret saying this, seeing as I am minorly involved in this mod, but...

Conicpp is right. SonicMaster just won the topic.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
Yeah my mod isn't the best mod /._.\. If Dark Warrior thinks it is not the best then it isn't the best, but is good right? I'm not trying to make the same mistakes that SEGA made, I'm trying to fix it and make this mod better, but yeah my mod isn't that great.......

Honestly, if you're trying to make it better, then you should probably just only use the base themes (theme being grass, city, ice, etc) of the levels and use GOOD level design. What SEGA made just can't be improved on without changing what it is entirely. And when I say it can't be improved on, I do not mean that in a good way.

Dr.Pepper said:
Kroze, you're being far too hard on Sonildow, and clearly haven't read the topic thoroughly enough to understand that this is a Beta, which clearly needs a lot more development time and room for improvement anyway. The town is only empty because the people in it aren't ready to add to the map yet, for example, it's not intentionally empty.
And is the profanity even needed to get across your point of view? If you think this mod just shouldn't exist in the first place, you don't even need bother posting your opinion if it already has a large enough user base that enjoy playing it. You only make yourself look like an ass if you have virtually nothing to add to the topic, besides derailing the actual discussion with your rather pointless attacks.

Dr.Pepper, it may be a beta, but seriously, don't release a beta without fully expecting a response. I, for one, don't play a beta of something and assume that everything is going to be fixed. I see the problems at hand and think "These things either are great or suck." Not "Oh, it's a beta it will just get better!" Kroze didn't de-rail the topic, and it wasn't a pointless attack. Everything he said has validity.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
I think Kroze could have used a little more tact, but I REALLY don't know why I didn't just oppose this mod from the beginning. I knew very dang well that porting levels, especially linear, boring levels, is a bad idea. No, HS, don't make multiple paths like I suggested earlier. Start making regular levels. I knew that porting levels is a bad idea, why didn't I interject? X_X

Sonic Team either needs to fire their 3D level design team or have them read this. It's sad really; an amateur community has a bunch of people who are far better mappers than Sonic Team's level design team. Heck, even poor maps like Poison Prison Zone rival the quality of Sonic Team's levels. Be better than Sonic Team. Make your own levels. ^_^

Ok SWSM, I will try my hardest at everything, I've been waiting to make my own imagination to this mod, But it'll still be based off ofSonic the hedeghog (2006) except with no bad mistakes, since Kroze thinks my mod is bad I'm going to prove to him that Sonic the hedgehog (SONILDOW STYLE) Can be the best ^^

STHE123O said:
Why? The mod in srb2 is cool!

I like more the mods based in Sonic games than the others

So basically, you just said that a mod with no originality is better than a mod with COMPLETE originality. Messed up man. Mods are supposed to have CUSTOM levels, and CUSTOM looks and fellings to them. They shouldn't be completely made off a a Sonic game. Especially A HORRIBLE one. Personally I have lost interest on this mod, and Everything Kroze said it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back