STH360 (50 % done) continues elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'm starting on white acropilis and the snowboard part......Is'nt going to happen.
I'll Begin said:
HYPER SONILDOW said:
Didn't work on them yet.

EDIT: New City is done, but not done with soleanna forest entrance. (will not work on it till I get to the point where sonic meets Kingdom valley)
New City screenshot. gonna use for level select picture.
Where exactly is the light source on that picture? There seems to be shadows all over the place.
Uhhh.... can't you see the light source. It's over at the east.

I'll Begin said:
HYPER SONILDOW said:
]

I got the hud thing in. Now I need to work on the numbers
the HUD doesn't even look complete. You should make it not-transparent, a little smaller, change the positioning of the life icon (and everything else really), and fix the TIME thing.

You should pay attention. Of course it's not finished"
HYPER SONILDOW said:
I got the HUD in. Now I need to work on the numbers

It's soppose to be transparent. a little smaller? I don't know about that. The positioning is the srb2 default, I didn't mess with that. You should read the post before you say something I'll Begin.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
Ok I'm starting on white acropilis and the snowboard part......Is'nt going to happen.

Yeah I supposed that...

White Acropolis is difficult to do?

I see videos on youtube and I think that you are going to do it cool!

HYPER SONILDOW said:
I'll Begin said:
HYPER SONILDOW said:
Didn't work on them yet.

EDIT: New City is done, but not done with soleanna forest entrance. (will not work on it till I get to the point where sonic meets Kingdom valley)
New City screenshot. gonna use for level select picture.
Where exactly is the light source on that picture? There seems to be shadows all over the place.
Uhhh.... can't you see the light source is over at the east, duh.

The shadows for two different blocks of buildings are going different directions. Looks a bit unnatural.

It's the Height of the building.....Angh forget it!!! I can't see the problem in that picture.

EDIT: I think I see what you guys are seeing.

If you can't see the handwriting it says " Is that what you guys see." I think that's the problem, I think I made the shading of the first building too close to that building. You'll see what it looks like when I release the next BETA.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
I'll Begin said:
HYPER SONILDOW said:

I got the hud thing in. Now I need to work on the numbers
the HUD doesn't even look complete. You should make it not-transparent, a little smaller, change the positioning of the life icon (and everything else really), and fix the TIME thing.

You should pay attention. Of course it's not finished"
For your information, Hyper Sonildow, I realised this and reworded my post. Perhaps YOU should pay attention. >_>

HYPER SONILDOW said:
It's soppose to be transparent.
But it's just clear in your remake of it. Your best bet is to make it solid, as that would look better in SRB2, and OpenGL has an option to actually make the HUD transparent (in 3D settings) if it bothers you that much.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
a little smaller? I don't know about that.
Try not as tall and a little longer.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
The positioning is the srb2 default, I didn't mess with that.
Exactly.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
You should read the post before you say something I'll Begin.
Again. Screw you.

Yeah we're cool. Lets just put that incident behind us.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
So, taking this quote into account and assuming the screenshot is facing north and light is coming from the right-side, which would be east in this case, then the light doesn't seem to be coming from there at all.

In the red circle, it would seem that the light is coming from the north-east. But in the blue circle the shadow being formed is just physically impossible. I'd say that's coming from the south-east, but then there'd be a shadow on the other wall.

So here's a rough diagram of what I personally think it should look like. You don't have to follow this, as it's only a suggestion, but please hear me out.

well.. its about time the fight stopped! Though i don't know who started it. ( yet i don't care ^_^)

EDIT: I'll begin, how were you capable to locate the source?

I'll Begin said:
Yeah we're cool. Lets just put that incident behind us.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
So, taking this quote into account and assuming the screenshot is facing north and light is coming from the right-side, which would be east in this case, then the light doesn't seem to be coming from there at all.

In the red circle, it would seem that the light is coming from the north-east, but in the blue circle, the shadow being formed is just physically impossible. I'd say that's coming from the south-east, but then there'd be a shadow on the other wall.

So here's a rough diagram of what I personally think it should look like. You don't have to follow this, as it's only a suggestion, but please hear me out.

(Fixed the reply)Oh now I see....*goes to fix it*

Re: ...

sonic260 said:
pizzaiolo magico said:
why you dont create a runner for sth360.wad like the srb2riders or srb2jte?

Um...no
That might be impossible with normal SRB2. The fact that the characters move automatically in SRB2riders is that it's in its coding. And that would fail in a normal SRB2 level because you would be constantly running into things, not to mention dying, if you try to walk backwards from the edge of a level, you'll end up moving forward instead the second you reach the height of your speed, and its an SRB2riders only feature. The best way to do the "rising water" part in Kingdom valley is to do the exact same thing in Act 3 of Wave ocean

A bit offtopic, but I couldn't resist. By "runner" he meant a launcher, like Acidmissle has a launcher that will add the wad for you, in software or openGL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back