STH360 (50 % done) continues elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conicpp said:
SonicMaster wins this topic.
Second'd, new and original levels based on '06's stages would probably be better in the long run, and much easier to do than making very limited recreations of '06's stages.
Dark Warrior said:
Dr.Pepper, it may be a beta, but seriously, don't release a beta without fully expecting a response. I, for one, don't play a beta of something and assume that everything is going to be fixed. I see the problems at hand and think "These things either are great or suck." Not "Oh, it's a beta it will just get better!" Kroze didn't de-rail the topic, and it wasn't a pointless attack.. Everything he said has validity.
I realized that and edited it out. I assumed he was just plain attacking this mod at the time, and I'm sorry about that.
Also I didn't just assume it would get better, because I read that there were plans to make those improvements/additions.

STHE123O said:
Mods based on Sonic games are the best

Wait, you think this is better than Mystic Realm, Acid Missile, Botanic Serenity and Blue Heaven?

EDIT: Ack, Hxk beat me to it.

STHE123O said:

...No. See, the point of SRB2 and modifications of it are to be ORIGINAL and DIFFERENT from what Sega's made. If you like what Sega's made, play Sega's games, not SRB2.

Dr.Pepper said:
Kroze, you're being far too hard on Sonildow, and clearly haven't read the topic thoroughly enough to understand that this is a Beta, which clearly needs a lot more development time and room for improvement anyway. The town is only empty because the people in it aren't ready to add to the map yet, for example, it's not intentionally empty, etc.

Oh, I fully understand what this was and hence why I gave all the advice that I did so that this could possibly improve.
The problem with the town isn't that their isn't any people or anything in it, but that even with people its just too open with no real path nor purpose other then trying to be a makeshift hub level like in the actual game... but hub levels don't exactly work in SRB2...
I wasn't been too hard on him at all.... see, if I sugarcoated my advice at all, this topic wouldn't have sprung to life as is has done and sometimes, people just need to hear the flatout truth... that their piece of work sucks and they really need to work hard to make it better to impress people with it.
I believe I used the exact amount of "hardness" that was needed in this situation seeing as how the rest of this topic has been all pats on the back and lollipops and whatnot...
Circlejerks don't improve anything or get anything acomplished!

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
I think Kroze could have used a little more tact

See what I just told Dr. Pepper (No relation to Mr. Pibb) about that... if I didn't say anything like I did in the way that I did, would you now be saying this:
I REALLY don't know why I didn't just oppose this mod from the beginning. I knew very dang well that porting levels, especially linear, boring levels, is a bad idea. No, HS, don't make multiple paths like I suggested earlier. Start making regular levels. I knew that porting levels is a bad idea, why didn't I interject? X_X

Sometimes an extra amount of force is needed to "knock" some sense into people and bring in reality.

Sonic Team either needs to fire their 3D level design team or have them read this. It's sad really; an amateur community has a bunch of people who are far better mappers than Sonic Team's level design team. Heck, even poor maps like Poison Prison Zone rival the quality of Sonic Team's levels. Be better than Sonic Team. Make your own levels. ^_^

Just like others have already touched on and said, another thing he could do is just base his new levels on the themes of the Sonic '06 levels... kinda like what Boinciel did for his Game Gear level pack he was making... and that was turning out to be pretty awesome before he ended up scrapping it.
That could possibly end up working wonders for this.
When being inspired by something doesn't mean you need to copy it exactly from what it was.
In some cases, the inspiration will end up turning out better than the original!

STHE123O said:
HxK Retro said:
STHE123O said:

THIS is better than Mystic Realm, Acid Missle, Chaos Twilight and the others? Insane.

Yes, but it don´t matter, is MY opinion

And other people thing differently than you.
Difference is, you treat yours like fact, and you don't back up your opinion with any reason. At all.

Get a clue, please.

Chisuun said:
HYPER SONILDOW said:
What should I add to soleanna castle town people or recolrs?

Recolors. It fits SRB2 more.

recolors *writes down* if I get two more recolors then I'll do recolors
if I get 3 people votes then I'll sprite people
recolors: 3 Recolors WINS

Ok I'm going to put recolors.

The sort of thing you're trying to replicate translates pretty awkwardly into SRB2. Despite that, however, I think this is one of the best mods that has come out in a long time!

I vote for recolors!
Kroze said:
I wasn't been too hard on him at all.... see, if I sugarcoated my advice at all, this topic wouldn't have sprung to life as is has done and sometimes, people just need to hear the flatout truth... that their piece of work sucks and they really need to work hard to make it better to impress people with it.
I see what you mean and agree with you, but you didn't need to use strong language or bold half of the text in your post to get your point across.

STHE123O said:
HxK Retro said:
STHE123O said:

THIS is better than Mystic Realm, Acid Missle, Chaos Twilight and the others? Insane.

Yes, but it don´t matter, is MY opinion

But just like Dark Warrior said, you treat your opionions like facts, and bash people who say otherwise. And btw, You said "but it don´t matter" while it should be "but it DOESN'T matter". Didn't you learn that in kiddy school?

And uh:

STHE123O said:
I vote people for the final version, but I vote recolors for the new beta

Do you know how long it would take to sprite those people? I say recolors. It might make the level more decent and SRB2 like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back