SRB2JTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look in your intro topic.

I told you they stalk people, especially JTE.

OHNOES TEH EVIL PIE!
*attacked by the pie*

Was it PUMPKIN evil pie? Unless evil pie is bad for you, or it is mincemeat pie or anything like that, gimme.

I WANT EVIL PIE FOR DESSERT!!!!

There will, in all likelyhood, never be any more SRB2 stuff coming out of me.
Dake terminus.

Jason the Echidna said:
There will, in all likelyhood, never be any more SRB2 stuff coming out of me.
Dake terminus.
*jaw drops*
:cry:

Oh dear god, no more stuff from JTE? This is horrible...

FSX said:
My idea is:
SPMoves + SRB2JTE + 1.09r1509 = SRB3! Make new levels and new story. It would be based on 1.1 in the future.
There will never be a SRB3. End of story. SRB2 has been in development for 8 years now, we don't need another insane project, thanks.

Mystic said:
FSX said:
My idea is:
SPMoves + SRB2JTE + 1.09r1509 = SRB3! Make new levels and new story. It would be based on 1.1 in the future.
There will never be a SRB3. End of story. SRB2 has been in development for 8 years now, we don't need another insane project, thanks.

Unless FSX makes one, its quite possible to make this srb3 with a wad file, most sequels are usually just new levels and character anyway. O.o

A few people are using 1337 in their sigs...

I feel I need to speak up on a few things around here...

1. PLEASE stop using "Evil Pie", its a joke between JTE and me and a few other members here.... Same goes for Spidey Knux with SSNTails (Which I'm hoping to be credited with naming, wink wink, nudge nudge..)

2. No more SRB2 works from JTE?!?!?!?
Say it aint so!

3. The next person that talks about SRB3 will be fed to the Evil Pie...
UNDERSTOOD?

I was thinking that you would make a 1.1.0 before i heard this and also when i got 1.08.

Make sure that evil pie isn't a pc virus.

Jason the Echidna said:
It seems like I've been telling everyone HOW... :roll: Why not post it on the message board as well?

The Dark World system works like this.
You make a map as you normally would. Then move the lower left corner of the map about 64 fracunits away from the "origin" point (0,0) which is highlighted by most map editors (But not Doom Builder, for whatever reason.) ... The origin is the only point on the map where the light world and dark world actually "touch", so if you want to do any fancey room or hallway in the middle of the two worlds, that's where to do it.

Then make a copy of the entire map and rotate it 180 degrees and place it on the exact opposite side of the origin so that it is a mirror of the original map, as you would if you were making a CTF map, except the maps are both seperate of eachother.

Then make any changes to the second map you would like, as this is your "dark world". You may change textures, Thing positions, move and alter whole sectors, whatever you like.

Then create a two-way linedef executor teleporter which moves you between the two worlds. I'd create a special addition to the teleporter linedef executor that rotates you 180 degrees, thus saving your direction when you entered and such, among other things, but there isn't much demand for it at the moment. :\

You may also wish to use a music-changer, as happy light world music wouldn't go well in teh dark world, and even a sky changer so you can have an evil sky.

Finally, make a map header and add "darkworld = 1" to it as you would any other map option. I would add "darkworld = 2" to have 3 worlds or "darkworld = 3" to have 4, but again, there is no demand for it. :\ Heh, with "darkworld = 3" somebody could make different worlds in which one has fire, another has water, another has large empty holes ripped in it and death pits, and another has grass all over. Or whatever. It'd be cool. ^_^

And if you want to get REALLY advanced and have only one person in the dark world at a time, you can make it so executing the teleporter changes its tag to point to another linedef executor that tells people that someone else is in the dark world so they cannot enter, and all the teleporters back to the light world tag the teleporter to the dark world back to the way it was.

All this and the only thing I did was add "shadows" to tell you where people are who are in the other world... Heh...
Y'know, someone should make a map with Zim's normal world, and that creepy Halloween world from Dib's dreams..... Anyone else remember the ep.? Anyone else think this would be cool?

The Halloween Spectacular Of Spooky Doom? That wouldn't make a bad map, actually.

Oh, and on the subject of SRB3; there are going to be cheap, fan-made sequels made, wether any of us like it or not. It's just the way of the internet, I suppose =P

if someone makes a sequel or equivilant with the Doom 3 engine, I just might worship them.

You know you want it.

You know it would be incredibly awesome.

And you know it'll never happen.

Well,its not me that makes it!

Prime 2.0 said:
if someone makes a sequel or equivilant with the Doom 3 engine, I just might worship them.

You know you want it.

You know it would be incredibly awesome.

And you know it'll never happen.

I'd like to make it, but I don't know how to make maps! (wich means it indeed never happens)

Eh. I can make maps on DOOM 3. It's sort of like doombuilder, only you are in something like a fusion between 3d mode and the top-down sector view. So basically, DOOM 3 uses 3 dimensional sectors; True FOFs with no restrictions! The thing/sector/linedef/verticie modes are still in full force, but have made the 3 dimensional conversion. So if a remake of SRB2 were to be made(Doom3 is completely different from it's predecessors; A port would be impossible, even if the doom legacy engine we use for SRB2 wasn't so altered), it would be relatively easy to duplicate the existing levels.

Heh, i wish, i have no knowledge of programming at all, and i haven't played half-life 2. ^^;

RedXVI just helped with the music, didn't he?

Either way, that post was utter nonsense.

Re: You are going to release 1.69.6 are you?

Super mystic sonic said:
*sigh*

This is going off-topic......

Are you sure you aren't going to release SRB2JTE 1.69.6?

You don't need

to space out your

posts like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back