SRB2JTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
ree-c said:
Nope, its not an MS-Dos batch file, its an executable, Srb2JTE 1.69.5.

i think this is 1.69.4... because 1.69.6 hasnt been released yet and version 1.69.5 doesnt work with network compatibility
unless JTE trusted some people and gave them a special copy of SRB2JTE v1.69.6

is that it JTE?

Anyways, how do you use metalsonics ability in the game? That small hop is useless. :roll:

Super mystic sonic said:
ree-c said:

Anyways, how do you use metalsonics ability in the game? That small hop is useless. :roll:

The readme says its broken. It WOULD be fixed in SRB2JTE 1.69.6 if JTE continued it!

Thats wierd, on my version Metal works just fine....
And I'm pretty sure that .6 was made seeing as I have it....
I don't think it got distrubuted to many people though...

Before people start quoting Kroze in many n00by ways for him to give it out, I'll point this out:

If you're Super Metal Sonic, just spin first, and jump. You'll do a glitchy superhigh jump, but it's worth it.

Kroze said:
Super mystic sonic said:
ree-c said:

The readme says its broken. It WOULD be fixed in SRB2JTE 1.69.6 if JTE continued it!

Thats wierd, on my version Metal works just fine....
And I'm pretty sure that .6 was made seeing as I have it....
I don't think it got distrubuted to many people though...

WHAT THE HELL?! you got 1.69.6? Damn...

Prime 2.0 said:
All it is is JTE updated to work with 1.09.2 you know.

Actually, no its not...
It was just another version with Amy nerffed and a couple of things added into the Universe mode
Also, I'm not sure if this was the first appearence of Barrels or not....

And no, I won't give it out seeing as how its a dead project beta pre-release

SRB2JTE 1.69.6, updated with all of 1.09.2's features and whatnot, second teleporter in SRB2 Universe crash fix, Super Metal Sonic's flying ability fixed, etc...

There are no MD5 checks in this version, so it should be compatable with future SRB2 releases with little issue... There are, however, many many crashes left (mostly centered around bots and the supervirus...) and, unfortunately, bots are even more screwed up now then they have ever been in the past.

I also added SA City... Half-updated, half-imported, half-coded... Very incomplete, very incomplete... :( Unfortunately, the original version was much more fun, as I haven't coded disaster mode yet (and thus you won't be able to see the cool particle-based tornado or anything...) and all of the minigames and things aren't coded (hell, even the rules aren't coded into that little intro, so you can only get into SA City by map-ing there... It's map27... I think.) And I didn't even code the special bot for which the JTE sprites were added to SRB2JTE.wad, so you'll never get to know what it does (or was intended to do, rather)...

What? I said I would never do anything SRB2-related ever again? Well, I got some inspiration from my birthday being, like, yesterday. (which, of course, I got very few presents for, from family or otherwise... Oh well.) So I decided, why not finish it so it's actually usable and everyone isn't all sad and confused and whatnot? Meh... Don't get your hopes up for too much more...

Jason the Echidna said:
SRB2JTE 1.69.6, updated with all of 1.09.2's features and whatnot, second teleporter in SRB2 Universe crash fix, Super Metal Sonic's flying ability fixed, etc...

There are no MD5 checks in this version, so it should be compatable with future SRB2 releases with little issue... There are, however, many many crashes left (mostly centered around bots and the supervirus...) and, unfortunately, bots are even more screwed up now then they have ever been in the past.

I also added SA City... Half-updated, half-imported, half-coded... Very incomplete, very incomplete... :( Unfortunately, the original version was much more fun, as I haven't coded disaster mode yet (and thus you won't be able to see the cool particle-based tornado or anything...) and all of the minigames and things aren't coded (hell, even the rules aren't coded into that little intro, so you can only get into SA City by map-ing there... It's map27... I think.) And I didn't even code the special bot for which the JTE sprites were added to SRB2JTE.wad, so you'll never get to know what it does (or was intended to do, rather)...

What? I said I would never do anything SRB2-related ever again? Well, I got some inspiration from my birthday being, like, yesterday. (which, of course, I got very few presents for, from family or otherwise... Oh well.) So I decided, why not finish it so it's actually usable and everyone isn't all sad and confused and whatnot? Meh... Don't get your hopes up for too much more...

Thats.............I'm speechless!! I'll let this this crazy forum members speak for me!

Just be glad I didn't remove bots and the supervirus from this version completely... Because that's what makes most of the crashes, though some would apparently still occur otherwise, just by ending a game... Meh...

The thing with map25 is that it is Waiting Zone... The original version had walls in it and whatnot, this one... It LOOKS like you can run and run forever and whatnot, but spindash or thok... You'll see... And everyone is really in the same room, you're just invisible to them (and vice versa)...

Also, I removed my "JTEHUNT" code, so hunting mode is now un-fixed... Not that anyone really cares anyway. You weren't planning on making a hunting map featuring santa, were you? Didn't think so...

I still want to see someone put the Dark World system to good use, though... :cry:

As for the minigames and "disaster scripts"... Well, they're not exactly "scripts" at this point, they're closer to "programmed events"... Rather then have a million different SA City maps like the original, I wanted to make everything into just one map this time... Quite a challenge! I also wanted to extend the map a little, to add a few more houses and a factory, as originally planned, but unforunately the tiniest of extentions caused horrible software rendering errors... Which is why I had to place those millions of nameless "buildings" in there...

Hmm the waiting room shuolde be more of a theter and once the server hit,s light dash the screen gos on saying and now for are feture prestatshon sacity oh and then it gos to sacity

If you don't know why I said Gray-ham just let him join your netgames

Sorry, I have probs with letters and stuff. :(

What am I doing wrong on the server, I only want to have a fun game and join in? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back