SRB2 Summer Fads: Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Submission period over. Once I finish up checking each of the games, I'll setup the voting period tomorrow.

EDIT: Pre-voting started.

My vote
Code:
BOTS {1}
Legends {15}
FlyFF {14}
Enemy Territory {5}
Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst at Schthack {11}
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade at HackingSource {9}
LegacyGamers Edition Gunz {1}
Skulltag {13}
Bomberman Online {3}
Puzzle Pirates {2}
TM:Nations {7}
Gunbound {4}
Silkroad Online {6}
Unreal Tournmanet {12}
ActionCube {7}
World of Padman {8}
Space Cowboy {10}

Why the second vote? Why not just use the second most popular game as the second fad? Anyways, I didn't bother with it. Not going to, either.

You never voted for Soldier Front though.. Anyway mine are....

1. Soldier Front
2. WoW: The burining crusade.
3. FlyFF
4. Gunbound
5. BOTS
6. Bomberman Online
7. Enemy Territory
8. World of Padman
9. Phantasy Star Online
10. Skulltag
11. ActionCube
12. Legends
13. Unreal Tournament
14. Gunz
15. TN Nations
16. SilkRoad Online
17. Puzzle Pirates

cueball61 said:
I'll Begin said:
I know I can't, I get an error message in another language when I try.

But, my GFX card is weak AND has poor compatibility anyway.
You only need a GeForce2 to run it, what the heck have you got? A GF2 is like, less than £20 of GPU. You can get a 256mb Geforce 6 series for £35 >_>
Nvidia RIVA TNT2, 32mb. Sucks, but it's better than my old card, which was a SiS 6326, 8mb

Also, we measure our money here in Aussie Dollars, not Pounds. And it's not like I can afford a new GFX card anyway (I got the RIVA for free from my friend. It was one of his old GFX cards). Furthermore, I have no PCI Express slots, so it's AGP for me.

Seriously though, it really pisses me off when a game's specs say "You need this TMX ELMO 6000q02355030639 card or better" instead of just simply saying "64mb 3d card with Direct X 9.0c support". And yes, I know I used the name of a children's toy as an example, but you get the idea.

Seriously though, it really pisses me off when a game's specs say "You need this TMX ELMO 6000q02355030639 card or better" instead of just simply saying "64mb 3d card with Direct X 9.0c support". And yes, I know I used the name of a children's toy as an example, but you get the idea.

That would not really give much info on what you need to get the game to run. For example, if a game needed a, say, Geforce 6600GT to run minimum, but it only stated it needs "DirectX 9.0 compatible video card with 256MB of memory", then would you try running it on a FX5500, which is DirectX 9.0 compatible with 256MB of memory? I'm quite sure you would.

There's a lot more to a graphics card than the memory and DirectX compatibility alone; you have pipelines, bus width, interface, main GPU speed, etc.

I'll Begin said:
Furthermore, I have no PCI Express slots, so it's AGP for me.

Get your facts straight before arguing your case, the nVidia series has plenty of AGP 8x GPUs, heck, I don't think it goes PCI-E only till Series 7.

Slurgly, your vote doesn't count unless you use the code tab provided.

Also, parenthesis thing removed. Shuffle has the better idea >.> (dunno what I was thinking at the time)

My vote
BOTS {7}
Legends {6}
FlyFF {5}
Enemy Territory {13}
Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst at Schthack {11}
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade at HackingSource {12}
LegacyGamers Edition Gunz {4}
Skulltag {3}
Bomberman Online {14}
Puzzle Pirates {17}
TM:Nations {2}
Gunbound {15}
Silkroad Online {1}
Unreal Tournmanet {10}
ActionCube {16}
World of Padman {9}
Space Cowboy {8}

<Titanium> Why exactly do we need to vote on a fangame that we have to play over the summer?
<ST218> We don't, it's retarded
<Titanium> We should play whatever we like, kthxbye.
<ST218> Exactly
<Titanium> Voting isn't going to decide what everyone is supposed to play.

I say we just wait until a fad crops up. Voting on a fad seems like a rather dumb idea. Suggestions, I don't mind, as that's what gets fads started in the first place, but as for which one we actually play, well, it just happens. Come to speak of it, some of us are already getting into playing Skulltag (including myself), so in a way we already have a fad, which means such a poll would be useless (unless we're trying to do, like, two or three fads side-by-side or something).

Your method of voting is unnecessarily stupid and complex, so I'll just disregard any of the intricate guidelines you seem to have set up and cast my vote for PSOBB.

Code:
BOTS {5} 
Legends {7} 
FlyFF {6} 
Enemy Territory {2} 
Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst at Schthack {14} 
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade at HackingSource {12} 
LegacyGamers Edition Gunz {1} 
Skulltag {11} 
Bomberman Online {3} 
Puzzle Pirates {13} 
TM:Nations {10} 
Gunbound {4} 
Silkroad Online {17
Unreal Tournmanet {9} 
ActionCube {16
World of Padman {15}
Space Cowboy {8}

Okay, here's my new vote.

I don't really want to vote on EVERY game, so I'll just place votes starting at what I want most and want least... I guess I'll come back and fill the rest in later, when I feel like looking into things.

Code:
BOTS {}
Legends {}
FlyFF {}
Enemy Territory {}
Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst at Schthack {2}
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade at HackingSource {1}
LegacyGamers Edition Gunz {}
Skulltag {17}
Bomberman Online {14}
Puzzle Pirates {3}
TM:Nations {16}
Gunbound {}
Silkroad Online {}
Unreal Tournmanet (sic) {15, but only UT2K4}
ActionCube {}
World of Padman {}
Space Cowboy {}

We've met the deadline and there's only 3 full votes. I'll wait till Wednesday, and if there's atleast 5 votes we'll continue with this, but if there isn't this whole thing is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back