Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidolon

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Sorry folks, canceled.

The original post said:
Sorry for the delay. Was having some issues with parents. Anyways, voting starts now and will end on Monday next week (5/28/07)

To vote, take all of the text in the Code segment and put it in a Notepad window. Now, in between the brackets {}, put how much you would like it, 17 being the maximum and meaning you want it the most, and 1 being the minimum and wanting it the least. Now, paste your vote into a new post in this topic.

After this is finished, the next part of the topic will be related to the SRB2 tournament stuff.
Code:
[size=18]My vote[/size]
BOTS {}
Legends {}
FlyFF {}
Enemy Territory {}
Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst at Schthack {}
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade at HackingSource {}
LegacyGamers Edition Gunz {}
Skulltag {}
Bomberman Online {}
Puzzle Pirates {}
TM:Nations {}
Gunbound {}
Silkroad Online {}
Unreal Tournmanet {}
ActionCube {}
World of Padman {}
Space Cowboy {}

The original original post said:
Many from #SRB2Fun recall that last summer we had a few "Summer Fads" where we had a little group of people who played a free game together. Those games included Albatross 18, Space Cowboy and some other game I don't recall. Now, here's what I want to do: expand upon this to the whole community.

I'd really like to spread out the options for free gaming. Here it's mostly just SRB2 and that abomination Runescape (shiver). For 3 months straight staying at home... that could get pretty boring, anyone agree? 'specially because there's rarely any official updates besides the bimonthly contest and such. I'm not saying that we're going to stay away from them (read: stay the frig away from Runescape), but we're going to include it into our usual activities. I have plans to host SRB2 tournaments this summer as well.

Okay, so what is it? We don't know. What should our summer fad be? We all decide! You post a suggestion, I add it to the list, we will then have a poll to see what the best option is.

Requirements for submissions:
*The game must have multiplayer support (ofcourse >.>)
*The game must have Clan/Guild/Team support (there are exceptions, read below)
*The game must be free to play (legality information below)
*You must include some information about what it is. Racing? Shooting? Leveling up?
*The game must be accessible to the majority

Guild exceptions: If there is a method of creating a chat channel of a sort, and that every user have a prefix to indicate they are from SRB2, then this is obsolete.

Legality information: It depends on the game. Private servers are acceptable, but if installation for the game requires a CD key of any sort, then it isn't allowed. The game client must also be easily accessible if it isn't free (e.g. WoW, Blizzard has a download for the full client up as well as TBC)

My suggestion list
LegacyGamers Gunz: A Gunz private server featuring fully working Quest and Clan War, custom maps, items and free premiums. The "Rebirth" server has just gone up recently. If you don't know what Gunz is, look it up on Wikipedia. Page - http://www.legacygamers.net/
Space Cowboy: Here it comes again. Space Cowboy is a dogfight flying MMORPG where you control a ship and complete a series of storyline related quests. Unfortunately, the game client is 1gb. Page - http://sc.gpotato.com
EuphRO: A Ragnarok Online private server. JTE is a current GM on the server, though it may cause some conflicts. If you do not know what Ragnarok Online is, look it up on Wikipedia.
HSWoW: Hacking Source's very own World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade private server. It features the most fully-working private server ever to function and be publicly accessible. Page - http://www.hswow.com/
SCHTHACK PSOBB: A mostly functional Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst private server. Page 1 - http://www.psobb.com/ Page 2 - http://www.schtserv.com/
Bomerman Online: One of the subsidaries of Schthack called Broomop has hacked the korean BMO PC and made a private server for international users. Page - http://www.broomop.com/Bomberman/news.php

I will be posting more information about the SRB2 tournaments later once my plans are ready to go up.

Update: Submissions end Tuesday (tomorrow), and voting will begin Wednesday.
Update 2: Submissions are over. Voting period to begin tomorrow...

Fly For Fun- The only free MMORPG where you can fly around at will, 1 starter class, 4 LV 15 classes, 8 LV 60 classes.

Vagrant>Magician>Elementor
Vagrant>Magician>Psykeeper
Vagrant>Mercenary>Blade
Vagrant>Mercenary>Knight
Vagrant>Assist>Ringmaster
Vagrant>Assist>Billposter
Vagrant>Acrobat>Ranger
Vagrant>Acrobat>Jester

flyff.gpotato.com

There are 5 server clusters (From oldest to newest: Lawolf, Aibatt, Mia, Mushpoie, Glaphan) each with 3 regular servers and 1 PK server.

You level up by killing enemies. When you level up, you can buy/get new armor and distribute stat points. Eventually (around LV 10) you should be able to fight enemies of a higher level than you and live.

Assists: These characters can go any way. If you are a Battle Assist, put 2 stat points in STR, 2 stat points in STA, and 1 stat point in DEX, and repeat. If you are just going to give buffs (Increase stats) put 1 stat point on STA and INT, and repeat.

Acrobats: I don't even know. I never made one.

Magician: If you are going Elementor, use the Buffer Assist build. As far as Psykeepers go... no clue.

Mercenary: STR and STA build for Knights. The heck if I know about Blade builds. DEX is best for Blades.

Guilds? Yeah, we have those.

Guild wars are here as well. You go through the towns and kill each other.
You can also fight Clockworks, a massive enemy. Magicians can use Blinkpool to get inside Clockworks' Cage. But THEY WILL DIE! Sometimes, instead of having only a guild fight, a GM will send Clockworks outside and it will LAG.

Yes, it is free. GPotatoes are for the Cash Shop and utterly optional.

I have a level 32 assist on the Mushpoie server cluster and a level 9 vagrant on the Lawolf server.

Re: Submissions for SRB2 Summer Fad

furyhunter600 said:
Guild exceptions: If there is a method of creating a chat channel of a sort, and that every user have a prefix to indicate they are from SRB2, then this is obsolete.
As for the username thing, I'm pretty sure that quite a few of us have uncommon names around here. Like, for instance, that 600 on the end of your name makes your name pretty easy to recognize. Heck, I could even go by BluZer4 if it makes me more recognizable. Being named SRB2bluezero4 would annoy the heck outta me.

I have a level that focuses on arenas. The arenas are small element/structural based parts of a level acessable via teleport in a big huge level. I was keeping this under wraps for a while but, yeah, I'll be home for some three months too.

Back to the arenas, they are used for my battle.soc series. So far I have two sucessfully working on SRB2, one of which is already released; Firebattle.soc. The one unreleased is Bouncebattle.soc. The level these socs go with is going to have a total of 32 arenas, plus a few explorational points for the three emeralds to end the level and go to a normal coop game in GFZ1, just incase you get bored. I may also soc it where everything in a "none" state simply respawns a minute later as a ring. Under debate, but it could make it less stressful on the host to have to keep going back to the level, or dealing with shooters in match so the rings can respawn.

The whole thing packaged together is an artificial gameplay thing, and might be seen as a hangout wad. This is the only objectory so far because people would roleplay.

-olol, I just noticed you said everything about games... I just saw SRB2. XD

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. A multiplayer team-based FPS game with some mild RPG aspects. It was originally developed as an official expansion to Return to Castle Wolfenstein. But technical difficulties with the single-player aspect brought the decision to release it publically as an entirely multiplayer-based freeware game.
This wikipedia article covers nearly all aspects of the game.
There are various mods and maps available for W:ET. My current favorite mod is Jaymod.
You will typically find me playing on one of the <{BBA}> servers (which use Jaymod). Generally <{BBA}>1, if it isn't full.

My god, read the first post atleast completely before posting x.x

edit: at sykotic, not Playah

Comments and complaints on some of the suggestions.

RO, WoW, FlyFF, PsoBB, Space Cowboy: Huge clients (especially WoW) kinda shut down some of the premontition of these games. Also, crazy grinding is annoying. If any of these become a fad, I'd enjoy PSOBB the best since it's the "unique" one of the bunch, but I have the least experience with FlyFF - is it a grindfest?

BOTS: Eh, it's kinda boring, but I never really played it enough anyways to tell.

Bomberman Online: Sounds neat, but it may get repetitive after awhile...

Soldier Front, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory: Quite interesting, I may like these. I'll have to look into these a bit more before settling on an opinion. Does Soldier Front have a team/clan thing?

Legends: I kinda like this, but it is kinda demanding in the amount of players department before it actually gets fun.

I can't think of a "fad" idea off the top of my head, but I'll be scouraging around and I'll post about something if I find it.

I wouldn't mind Skulltag maybe in the place of Legends, though.

You know, I'd really like to give Guild Wars a second chance. My first time playing, I was trying to go solo, which wasn't a real good idea. However, it could make a great choice for a fad here because of the client's accessibility (you can buy a license and then download the client off the web onto any computer), and the fact that it largely revolves around clans and clan wars (plus the fact that skill plays a greater part than stats). There's much less emphasis on leveling up since you can only go up to level 20 (without the expansion).

If that's a no-go, I'd be willing to play an FPS game such as Skulltag.

Well, there's a Tribes 2 clone that I'd like to play, but the Master Server is completely empty. If we could get enough people from around here playing it, however, it wouldn't be.
Tribes is a really fun game. It's considered to be "FPS-Z", which is First Person Shooter with Z movement. The jetpack is used a LOT in Tribes. As in, you are almost always flying through the air. The freeware Tribes clone is almost exactly the same game, but with really ugly character models, but who cares? ;P

I'd also suggest PSOBB, but I'd hate the idea of having a huge guild, but not being able to have everybody in the game at once.

@FB: Guild Wars isn't free.

It is quite unfortunate that Guild Wars isn't free. It would be a perfect pick.

Also, Soldier Front could be out of bounds as GameGuard for this is stupid.

Shuffle said:
Well, there's a Tribes 2 clone that I'd like to play

what is it called

Also, I tried to find a decent MMORPG that wasn't all a grindfest. No real luck so far, unless you want to play RO on some exp-multiplied server or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back