• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2-S3k

Will I succeed?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• If you get enough help.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
FuriousFox said:
Ritz, the problem would be in all of the maincfg lumps. They would affect every level in the pack, which could make things not play as they should. Also, last time Custom Textures were allowed, it took a long time to get the wad out, because some people's textures were overwriting other's. It also probably took a while to extract the textures from the original wad, and then re-add them to the pack. File size would also be an issue, since SP levels can get quite large.
FuriousFox hit the nail right on the head here. It's not that custom textures are bad, but it is really hard to combine multiple wads which all use custom textures. It just makes it much easier to create and distribute the contest wad.

Also, custom textures don't make the level better in any way. They might make the level LOOK better, but that's a different point altogether.

Mystic said:
Also, custom textures don't make the level better in any way. They might make the level LOOK better, but that's a different point altogether.

On the contrary, I believe that the look of the level compliments the overall feel of the level, which to me is half the experience.

Embeded midis don't RUIN a website, they just annoy the hell out of you to a point were you can't be bothered to even look at the site. =)

Ritz said:
Embeded midis don't RUIN a website, they just annoy the hell out of you to a point were you can't be bothered to even look at the site. =)

Your other point might be true, but embedded MIDIs mean the web designer is enough of an idiot that any content on the website isn't worth reading.

It may be worth reading, It's just that noone wants to stay and have their ears blown off trying to read it.

There is something called the power button on the speaker, though. That's what the "Mute" control is for.

I just... don't like to listen to music unless the need arises. It's just me, but I don't like to listen to music with lyrics unless I'm dancing or I'm making my own or everyone else is listening, or there's a reason to. I mean, I *like* music, It's just that I don't love music with lyrics very much.
I'm kind of wierd that way. I like to write and make music, but I don't like to sing music.

Huh. That's odd, I never really noticed that about myself...

For what little it means, I've never graded levels based on their graphics purely for the reason that if someone put so much effort into making these textures, and they only have a month to make the wad, then less time is put into the level design. But, on the other hand, some good levels are made in only a few hours.

Well... I see music won't be a problem, as everybody wants to get it. But... Who will make the levels? Anyone like my idea of making it a contest? Anyone like the idea of just having Multiplayer-type-levels instead of 1P levels?

Mystic said:
it is really hard to combine multiple wads which all use custom textures.
I could do it. But only on the condition that you ALWAYS use pnames and texture1 to have new textures instead of overriding others and custom flats have original names.
It might take a few days to get the contest wad together if there's a lot of entrys, but I'm sure I'd do it, if only out of sheer boredum...

...but without the e.

Anyway, back on topic, frankly I'd prefer more single-player levels than more match stages, but that's me.

Shadow Hog said:
...but without the e.

Anyway, back on topic, frankly I'd prefer more single-player levels than more match stages, but that's me.

Half of the people here prefer SP stages to match stages, but they're a real pain in the ass to make. I'm struggling to make one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back