• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2-S3k

Will I succeed?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• If you get enough help.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my new mod based off of Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Many of you already know about it because of #srb2_s3k on AccessIRC, but, I need as much help as I can get. If you are willing to help in any of the following ways, please notify me.

Job List

# Jobs
1 A. Music Ripping
1 B. Enemy Creation
2 C. Graphic Insertion
1 D. Object Creation
8 E. Graphic Finding (www)
3 F. Level Creation (2D)
6 G. Level Creation (3D)
4 H. Misc

People List

jobs|people
AEH| 1.Joe
BCD| 2.JTE
EHH| 3.Mechabram
EGH| 4.MK
EFG| 5.Ritz
EFG| 6.Senku
CEG| 7.SS119
AEH| 8.SSG
EGH| 9.Tailsonic
EFG| 10.Zash

ex) Zash has to find graphics, create 2D levels, and create 3D levels.

This is a sorta outdated list, tell me if there's anything I missed.

:evil: I was going to do that. Well I still have Sonic The Hedgehog Revitilized. I call Sonic The Hedgehog 2 and Knuckels Chaotix.

Thats ok. I have to much stuff to do right now anyway. Plus I should not take all the cool mod ideas out there. Good Luck. :D

Jake, seriously, keep the comments to yourself. This is a topic asking for help, not criticism, and I don't think anyone cares that you think that this is "stupid".

As for me, I have quite a bit on my plate at the moment, but if I ever get back into the serious level making mood, I might help out.

Y2Jake said:
Stupid mods..

What next? A Sonic 2 mod? X_x

It's not "stupid mods", it's "stupid mods that the creator doesn't finish".

I'm all for it if they actually put forth the effort to finish it. However, there aren't any screenshots on ANY of these new "mods", which makes me suspicious as to whether things are actually being made. I really am surprised that no one puts forth the effort to make a few screenshots of what they're making.

I've noticed people don't put forth much effort to do things unless they have a reason to put it into their schedule... And another thing too, I'm wondering if there's like a guide on how to make 1P levels, I'm NOT very good at it yet... Going back to the first thing, though, if I were to make like a contest to whoever's on staff to try to make the best 1P level for each act... Would that be a good idea? If so, what should the deadline be?

you are absically asking them to make 1p levels, and letting them enter the contest, then delclare the winner, and add them to your mod, this way, you dont do anything.

BTW!!! im the only one working on starchaos... boooooo hoooooooooo :(:(:(

shadowstar said:
If there was a contest, it would be like, no custom things... That way everybody has a fair chance on winning...So... just use textures and objects that either look or act like the real thing...

I don't see why custom music, textures, and the like are considered unfair. They do nothing but make the level better, and they require a fair bit of effort to impliment. If everyone were to use just as much effort when creating custom things, then it's fair game, if you ask me.

...And you already know that no one is going to join.

And Zash, you already know that I'm trying to help. Somewhat, at least. Y'see, I've finally come to grips with my lazyness. I really haven't felt like wadding in quite a while. And I've realized that I'm not ready for a comittment of this magnetude, much less two projects at once. So Zash, shadowstar, take me off the list. I'm not neccesarilly quiting; If I feel like making something, I'll hand it in.

Zash, I AM joining this contest too you know, I am going to work on the project. What makes you think no one will join, Ritz?...Oh, Zash, If you want, I'll help you on Starchaos.

Ritz, the problem would be in all of the maincfg lumps. They would affect every level in the pack, which could make things not play as they should. Also, last time Custom Textures were allowed, it took a long time to get the wad out, because some people's textures were overwriting other's. It also probably took a while to extract the textures from the original wad, and then re-add them to the pack. File size would also be an issue, since SP levels can get quite large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back