SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already got Knuckles being able to bust blocks automatically. His new ability number is now 9, since it's the last unused ability. Using 10 would make the skin fly, so I decided to stop checking for another free one.

So anyways, yeah, Knuckles can crush blocks at will. Next I'm gonna find out if I can get the NiGHTS bumpers to work for Tails only, Speed Pads with Spinning to work for Sonic, and if it's possible to get the HUD to change colors. I already tried and failed, but I'll give it another shot.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
I already got Knuckles being able to bust blocks automatically. His new ability number is now 9, since it's the last unused ability. Using 10 would make the skin fly, so I decided to stop checking for another free one.

So anyways, yeah, Knuckles can crush blocks at will. Next I'm gonna find out if I can get the NiGHTS bumpers to work for Tails only, Speed Pads with Spinning to work for Sonic, and if it's possible to get the HUD to change colors. I already tried and failed, but I'll give it another shot.

For the ability thing, I always thought that 8 was the unused ability in the S_SKIN.

Also, for the bumpers/speed pads to work for Tails/sonic respectively, Probably you can use this within a void statement, somehow...
Code:
if(!strncmp(skin->name, "sonic",0)) // If the skin is Sonic
else if(!strncmp(skin->name, "tails",1)) // If the skin is Tails
else if(!strncmp(skin->name, "knuckles",2)) // If the skin is Knuckles

I tried busting blocks with knuckles but nothing happened...

Unless...it's in a not-realesed-as-of-yet version

Oooor am I doing something wrong...

EDIT: Are you goign to add the match levels? I tried a match in the normal match levels and it went pretty good...but it was to small for the srb2 riders speed

Also, when I got my air off the screen...it crashed the game :o

I got all that air via bouncing off the same spring over and over again

For color changing HUD.
Code:
// From ST_DrawNightsOverlayNum
byte *colormap;
int flags = 0;

if (stplyr->skincolor == 0)
	colormap = colormaps;
else
{
	// Uses the player colors.
	flags = (flags & ~MF_TRANSLATION) | (stplyr->skincolor<<MF_TRANSSHIFT);

colormap = (byte *)defaulttranslationtables - 256
		+ ((flags & MF_TRANSLATION)>>(MF_TRANSSHIFT-8));
}

V_DrawMappedPatch(SCX(hudinfo[HUD_SCORE].x), SCY(hudinfo[HUD_SCORE].y), V_NOSCALESTART|V_TRANSLUCENT, sboscore, colormap);

Flame it should be
Code:
if(!strncmp(skin->name, "sonic",5)) // If the skin is Sonic
else if(!strncmp(skin->name, "tails",5)) // If the skin is Tails
else if(!strncmp(skin->name, "knuckles",8)) // If the skin is Knuckles

Turtle Man said:
Flame it should be
Code:

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't really sure on what numbers to use.

Hey, can you post the names of the needed DLL's? I don't have a net hook up at my own house, Hence, I'd have to keep going Back and Forth to the library and my house until it works, and who wants to do that?
Or (Wow!) just include the Dll's in the download? Please?

I have some suggestions: Would it be possible to make you start out with like, 25 air? Could you add the attraction shield back, but give it a timer like in sonic riders?

I've been looking for the code where it resets the ring counter when you spawn. If I happen to find it, you might be able to start out with probably only 15 rings, which is long enough to get to the rows of rings and item boxes in front of you. I'm not sure about the attraction shield though, as it's too powerful in the mod.

You are right about the shield being to powerfull...

But like Zany suggested, you could put a timer on how long you have it

From the list of things I never bothered to impliment:

*Attraction shield timer - Set player.powers[pw_ringshield] to 10 * ticrate when obtained, as opposed to setting it to 1.(10 seconds, experiment with numbers if necessary) Reduce this value by one each tic if it's value is nonzero.

Some time ago, I made a SOC for a MPH counter, but then again, My CPU crashed 3 weeks ago... waah...

I got the dlls from the bomberman mod. But just in case you are an abomination that doesn't like bomberman, the DLLs you need are zilb1 and addpng13 (i think)

Some things i don't like:
When you press escape in time attack mode, it goes to the title, but it doesn't appear
No air from speed or power tricks
No air from grinds or smashes (in fact, metal city has no smashes)
The hawk characters aren't there

Other than this, I played srb2 riders until 3 in the morning
*yawn*

Myz said:
I got the dlls from the bomberman mod. But just in case you are an abomination that doesn't like bomberman, the DLLs you need are zilb1 and addpng13 (i think)
Check the first post, I quoted Flame from his own topic to go to dll-files.com for those missing DLLs.

Myz said:
Some things i don't like:
When you press escape in time attack mode, it goes to the title, but it doesn't appear
That's because Draykon did half the job when providing the chance to play in Single Player mode. It's not like it's completely horrifying, and you can just host your own game to avoid it.

Myz said:
No air from speed or power tricks
No air from grinds or smashes (in fact, metal city has no smashes)
They haven't been added in yet, but you can still get tons of rings just by doing aerial tricks. And Metal City DOES have 'smashing' blocks. It's after the first ramp, and after the small tunnel on the right side.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Turtle Man said:
Flame it should be
Code:

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't really sure on what numbers to use.

What are the numbers, anyway?

u didnt help me wit my problem there isnt any level wads in the zip i think thats why i cant run srb2rider or u have to add the wad in srb2??!

DLL files aren't levels, you get them from the website in my sig. They're components for programs.

The levels are in one of the wads that comes in the zip, so you have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back