SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only struggling with the boost system. It demands 20 rings, and uses 15. And the boost is so damn useless. You'll lose some control over your board, and it hardly makes you go faster anyway. The lack of control might even make your slower, considering you'll move diagonally instead of straight forwards.

Startrings should be defaulted to 20...or 25 max.

Still trying to work that out SMS.

The boost DOES make you faster, 15 units faster to be exact. I know it takes more rings than it drains, that was a small brain fart on my end. Pointing out the obvious accomplishes nothing.

And waddaya mean you "bounce all over the place"? You people need to be more specific with this stuff if you want it fixed.

Draykon said:
And waddaya mean you "bounce all over the place"? You people need to be more specific with this stuff if you want it fixed.

I think he was saying that you should bounce off walls like in the official sonic riders.
I played sonic riders and you bounce quite some distance if you hit a wall.

Nomekop suggested making all the walls bouncy, (using the bounce sector thingy, I assume)

Because of the high speed of this mod, That would cause the players to bounce around uncontrollably, I think...

Digital Dimension is complete, I just need to know when Draykon is online and available on IRC to test it.

Night Chase, Red Canyon, and Ice Factory are complete. Since they could never look ok without extra textures, I won't be sending them to the Contest pack. Although that doesn't mean they'll be available next Riders release. Once I finish all 5, maybe 7, they'll be shipped to the next-next release.

I'm sure I already stated this, but most levels have been fixed with stuff like small glitches, more slopes, and no lag on Sand Ruins.

Release date will be whenever the Director feels like it.

Minor report, Draykon already knows about this too. I'm making a pallete that improves the shoddy pinks in the srb2 pallete. I've done the 6 darker pinks. And I plan to do the rest when I finally figure out what colours I'm going to use.

Normally, modifying this picture

to be used in the Srb2 pallete will result in either
or

However, with the current beta of the pallete, you get this.

Which, while still looking terrible, looks slightly less terrible. Her fur still uses the old pinks, because I haven't changed those first few yet, but I will.

I plan to optimise this picture for the pallete much better in the future, but this is just the test image for my pallete anyway.

Now, the question is:
1. Do we need any other colours "fixed"
2. Will we add this into SRB2 Riders?

Maybe. Changing those colors also changes any textures that uses pink (purple), so if there aren't any major change in the game, I'll add it.

Also, for anybody who hasn't figured it out yet, to play the game in single player without Sonic, type in Forceskin On on the console.

Done. Looks ok. I'll need to fix AmyRider to suit it some time, though.

Original full colour image on the left. Pink Palleted image on the right. Not a great deal of difference in the pink at all.
amyrcharfn0.png

Original SRB2 Pallate on the left. New Pink Pallete on the right. As you can see, I'll need to darken Amy's clothes so it gets the right shade of pink.

Here's a zip with a Wad of it, as well as the original Act file if you want to mess with the pallete yourself.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4vuyfy

Ooh, sexy.

Nice work... come to think of it, I haven't made a character wad before (well, except for an itembox character, but it's kinda silly...).

I'll Begin said:
Done. Looks ok. I'll need to fix AmyRider to suit it some time, though.

Original image on the left. Palleted image on the right. Not a great deal of difference in the pink at all.
amyrcharfn0.png

Original on the left. New pallete on the right. As you can see, I'll need to darken Amy's clothes so it gets the right shade of pink.

Here's a zip with a Wad of it, as well as the original Act file if you want to mess with the pallete yourself.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4vuyfy
The character wad has bigger breasts than the sonic riders pic. :D

She has the same breasts as your AmyRose.wad... wait, you made it right? Anyways, you can go fix it if you want.

Actually, the size of her head bothers me more than the size of her breasts. I don't see how I can fix that though.

I'll Begin said:
She has the same breasts as your AmyRose.wad... wait, you made it right? Anyways, you can go fix it if you want.

Actually, the size of her head bothers me more than the size of her breasts. I don't see how I can fix that though.
I wasn't saying there was a problem with it, I was just noticing. What about the size of her head? looks fine to me...

Well I played through all my Sonic games that have Amy in it. I guess you're right, Nitro.

Her head IS shorter in some games, like Sonic Riders. But it seems to be like that screenshot in just about every other Sonic game I have ('cept Sonic Heroes, as I couldn't get it to work without crashing my GameCube)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back