SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there's a problem--unless you provide the source code, I can't even try to run this without Wine. I'd really appreciate it if you'd please include the source.

If you would like testing help for Linux, I'd be happy to help and tell you what works and what doesn't. I just need the source to try it out; I can compile source code. I'm just not a programmer, but chances are that I can get it to work at least partially. (Compiling stuff is routine for an experienced Linux user...)

And not to mention that you are in violation of the GNU General Public License if you don't release the source with the binary. Since this is all based on Doom Legacy, which is under that license, you have to release the source or the Doom Legacy people can legally sue you if they felt like it. http://legacy.newdoom.com/downloads.php#source

The reason I like SRB2 so much is that I can compile the code and get it working on Linux. As far as I'm concerned, the original SRB2 release is fine because they include the source.

WhiteRose said:
But there's a problem--unless you provide the source code, I can't even try to run this without Wine. I'd really appreciate it if you'd please include the source.

If you would like testing help for Linux, I'd be happy to help and tell you what works and what doesn't. I just need the source to try it out; I can compile source code. I'm just not a programmer, but chances are that I can get it to work at least partially. (Compiling stuff is routine for an experienced Linux user...)

And not to mention that you are in violation of the GNU General Public License if you don't release the source with the binary. Since this is all based on Doom Legacy, which is under that license, you have to release the source or the Doom Legacy people can legally sue you if they felt like it. http://legacy.newdoom.com/downloads.php#source

The reason I like SRB2 so much is that I can compile the code and get it working on Linux. As far as I'm concerned, the original SRB2 release is fine because they include the source.

yea guys, release the source code, or I'll...

Ban your game off the masterserver!

and whatever else I can think of :twisted:

Logan_GBA said:

Geez, that's harsh. You don't see JTE releasing his codes to the public, why should we? Besides, all people would do is just open it up once and forget about it 5 minutes later. If YOU want to see it, I understand, but it stills sounds silly to me. Oh well, it's up to Draykon if he wants to.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Logan_GBA said:

Geez, that's harsh. You don't see JTE releasing his codes to the public, why should we? Besides, all people would do is just open it up once and forget about it 5 minutes later. If YOU want to see it, I understand, but it stills sounds silly to me. Oh well, it's up to Draykon if he wants to.
I thought you couldn't use SRB2JTE on the master server.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Logan_GBA said:

You do realize that Logan is probably joking... Right?

Also:
Whiterose said:

Can you actually show which line says that (Perferably by a screenshot or a quotation)? Because I fail to see where it says that we "need" to release the source... Also, How can they Legally sue us? They don't know that we're modifying the source.
Besides, there are probably plenty of other people in the world who are modifying this and not distributing the source to the public... Not much diffrent from us now huh?

Tails has been done for at least a week now. Knux might be the last character on the to-do list. I also forgot that Shadow was made from the old green Shadow from the old days, so I'll have to check my computer for it.

For the levels, Digital Dimension's hell part is done, though I just wish I knew what choice of scenery I could put in. Night Chase (not an edited Metal City) and the rest of the levels might just end up in the next contest. Release date depends on how much stuff Draykon has put on the exe.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
For the levels, Digital Dimension's hell part is done, though I just wish I knew what choice of scenery I could put in. Night Chase (not an edited Metal City) and the rest of the levels might just end up in the next contest. Release date depends on how much stuff Draykon has put on the exe.

Ok, I still consider "Night Chase" a Babylon level. Would it be possible to make the babylon levels...but NOT make it an edit of the original level?

And what about the one (and only) boss, Babylon Guardian?

emerlgx said:
Chaos Zero 64 said:
Logan_GBA said:

I thought you couldn't use SRB2JTE on the master server.

Wrong. I was hosting a co-op game on it the other day and someone joined.

Things have been pretty slow on the Riders EXE. I'm pretty sure it's on the SVN, but last thing that was touched on it was Alam telling me he was cleaning it up, or something.

But anyways, don't expect the release date for awhile.

If you guys put more of those distracting signs in Night Chase, are you going to use different ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back