SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaos Zero 64 said:
I finally added acceleration. I even got different sets for Speed, Fly, and Power. For those who know C++, here's what I did:
Code:
ex = player->powers[pw_exspeed]

P_InstaThrust(player->mo, player->mo->angle, ex*FRACUNIT);

I added a new counter for individual players. When not running, exspeed equals the current skin's runspeed. Once you start running, your speed is dependant on the exspeed counter. And as you run, the exspeed counter is added points every X miliseconds, or tics. Now you're able to see how you slowly start gaining speed as you run along.

It's even more cool when I get Sonic, who has low accel, get to Lv. 3, and start running. You can finally see him riding slowly until he reaches top speed. Not like before, when you simply got a sudden push.
Amazing, no other words to describe it. It even gived me an idea:
Speed: Slow acceleration, high top speed
Power: Fast acceleration, low top speed
Fly: Fair acceleration, moderate top speed
I've done this way a very fair way for each character, and I hope I could help...

I only did that for acceleration, not top speed. But thinking about it, it would mean that power type would always be the fastest. I guess I have to do it either way. I thought Fly types were the ones with fast accel and Power were the average ones.

I added the brakes now. This means I can code it to be exactly like in Sonic Riders. Which I did. So now, you can't get off of your board until your Air Tank is empty. Sticking to a wall with 0 speed and jumping won't do the trick, I made sure of that.

Now if only sprites weren't an issue here, I would be able to release this soon enough.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
I only did that for acceleration, not top speed. But thinking about it, it would mean that power type would always be the fastest. I guess I have to do it either way. I thought Fly types were the ones with fast accel and Power were the average ones.

I added the brakes now. This means I can code it to be exactly like in Sonic Riders. Which I did. So now, you can't get off of your board until your Air Tank is empty. Sticking to a wall with 0 speed and jumping won't do the trick, I made sure of that.

Now if only sprites weren't an issue here, I would be able to release this soon enough.

Actually Power was average.But the real stand out is durability.
Is that even possible(If you get hit by a wall,you won't really lose balance,speed/Flight will get jumped ETC)

Get jumped? You're gonna have to explain that to me.

If you're also talking about bouncing off of walls, that's a maybe. I'll have to look at Knuckles' code that makes him cling on walls when facing it, and add it to the sides too.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Get jumped? You're gonna have to explain that to me.

If you're also talking about bouncing off of walls, that's a maybe. I'll have to look at Knuckles' code that makes him cling on walls when facing it, and add it to the sides too.

I was exaggerating from here and there.
If you play Sonic Riders,go play as Sonic/Tails.
Hit a wall and you'll bounce off and your character makes a "WOOAH" pose almost falling off their boards(?)

If you play as Knuckles,you won't do the pose,and you'll slightly bounce barely taking action.

Yes I mean bouncing off walls. :P

Considering the progress on braking and acceleration, will it still be possible to have powerslides? You'd have to make grip a little more lax though, to actually give it a use.

MegamanZero29292 said:
A tutorial of how to make a Riders char. would be nice (like which frames are for what)

Yeah, the one on the SRB2Wiki is outdated. We should update it.

Here's the list of all frames used. Maybe now you understand why I need help with skin sprites.

RIDRA - Riders Standing
RIDRB - Riders Walking
RIDRC
RIDRD
RIDRE
RIDRF
RIDRG
RIDRH
RIDRI
RIDRJ - Riders Running
RIDRK
RIDRL
RIDRM
RIDRN - Riders special moves (grinding, flying, punching)
RIDRO
RIDRP
RIDRQ
RIDRR - Riders Jumping
RIDRS - Riders Bouncing off of springs
RIDRT - Riders Spinning tricks
RIDRU
RIDRV
RIDRW
RIDRX
RIDRY
RIDRZ
RIDR[
RIDR\ - Riders Hurt, which also acts as Died.

Super Sonic seems like it'll be removed. The only way you can play as him is in a way similar to emeraldstart.wad, which is to add a Super Sonic sector. That's it.

*Note: Warping out of the level removes all emeralds. You can't disable that.

RIDR] - Riders Super Run.
RIDR^ - Riders Super Fly
RIDR_ - Kart Stand
RIDR` - Kart Stand 2.

For Kart Stand 2, the kart is moved one pixel up, or the body is moved one pixel down. This makes it look like the kart is shaking when stopped.

RIDRa - Kart Walking. b and d are used for Running.
RIDRb
RIDRc
RIDRd
RIDRe - Kart Hurt/Died

Sonic R is basically SRB2 with different double jumps, and some special moves added in. You'll see what I mean when the mod is released.

RIDRf - Sonic R Standing
RIDRg - Sonic R Walking
RIDRh
RIDRi
RIDRj
RIDRk
RIDRl
RIDRm
RIDRn
RIDRo - Sonic R Running
RIDRp
RIDRq
RIDRr

Here's the spinning frames. I did not add in the falling sprites, so after a spring, you start to walk. Skins with nojumpspin use the first frame to jump, and the second one to fall. The last two are unused.

RIDRs - Sonic R Spinning
RIDRt
RIDRu
RIDRv
RIDRw - Sonic R Bouncing off of springs
RIDRx - Sonic R Special Moves. Knuckles uses two for gliding and 4 for climbing. Tails uses first 4 for flying, but there's no tired sprites.
RIDRy
RIDRz
RIDR{
RIDR|
RIDR}
RIDR~ - Sonic R Hurt/Dead. For fans found in SRB2, I used this sprite too.

For these last frames, don't expect to find them all in your Character Map. I had to use a Hex Editor to find out which characters are the ones I need. If you're serious about making a Riders skin, just copy and paste the character. Don't think that the one that looks like a comma is, in fact, a comma. Also, the two squares are NOT the same. Completely different.

RIDR - NiGHTS Stand
RIDR€ - NiGHTS Fly Straight
RIDR� - NiGHTS Fly Up with an angle of 22.5
RIDR‚ - NiGHTS Fly Up with an angle of 45
RIDRƒ - NiGHTS Fly Up with an angle of 67.5
RIDR„ - NiGHTS Fly Up with an angle of 90
RIDR… - NiGHTS Fly Down 1
RIDR† - NiGHTS Fly Down 2
RIDR‡ - NiGHTS Fly Down 3
RIDRˆ - NiGHTS Fly Down 4

Finish these sprites first, and then you can have the S_SKIN.

Okay, I'm so copying this. =D
As soon as the new version comes out I'll edit the sprite page.

Insted of canning Super Sonic, make him a seperate character, like how he was in Sonic R.

Blade said:
Insted of canning Super Sonic, make him a seperate character, like how he was in Sonic R.

And in Sonic Riders!

Thats a great idea,CZ why not use your SuperSonic with maybe..maxed ability's for a character?

No.

That would be overpowered. In sonic R, he had the highest acceleration and speed, but he had Sonic's turning and some horrible grip.

zeldagamer00 said:
No.

That would be overpowered. In sonic R, he had the highest acceleration and speed, but he had Sonic's turning and some horrible grip.

Uh so what?He's already overpowered.

And in Sonic Riders hes overpowered..its super Sonic.

Also SS in Sonic R was one of the most overpowered characters,meaning you can almost beat every character using him.

Also I didn't mean maxed ability as turning,I mean has power,fly,and speed and has Top Speed/Acceleration.

Not including grip.

Autosaver said:
Uh so what?He's already overpowered.
We don't need idiots running around playing as some cheap character all the time. That was one of the reasons HMS123311 was burned in the abyss of a windows recycle bin. (And the fact he was a recolor)
And in Sonic Riders hes overpowered..its super Sonic.
Poor argument choice, just because sonic can turn super doesn't mean its fair to other non-sonic players.
Also SS in Sonic R was one of the most overpowered characters,meaning you can almost beat every character using him.
Another poor argument, because anybody can beat super sonic in R because he is at least balanced properly.
Also I didn't mean maxed ability as turning,I mean has power,fly,and speed and has Top Speed/Acceleration.
Once again, over-powered. Might as well let Flickys and Mice join the race so the person playing as a good BALANCED character can beat something.

You said in Sonic R he had top Speed/Acceleration
But bad grip..its not really an ability.

Also you could have it own levels like right now..sounds fair?

zeldagamer00 said:
Autosaver said:
You said in Sonic R he had top Speed/Acceleration
But bad grip..its not really an ability.
So being able to use all short-cuts is not a ability to you?
Also you could have it own levels like right now..sounds fair?
Elaborate please.

I was talking about grips! >_>

Like SuperSonic Has his own levels,Mirror race..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back