SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr.Pepper said:
CZ64 told me once in a PM that all sprites for every character besides, Rouge, Cream, Chaos, and (At the time) Silver are done. So yeah, you can expect every one of them but those three to appear in the next version. (Assuming no one gets busy on finishing those characters.)

Good, but will they be in the menu automatically, or will I have to load them?

fawfulfan said:
Good, but will they be in the menu automatically, or will I have to load them?
Problably the first option is most appropiate, kinda like Sonic, Tails, Knux, Amy, Eggman, Jet and Shadowrider.rdr

Violo said:
Every character, except maybe Cream, will be it that has been planned, speaking of which, how's Wave and Storm goin'?

As far as I know, Wave has at least her standing and her front and side walking frames done.

As for Storm, I still haven't gotten myself to finish the diagonal back standing sprite and start on the back one... D=

(What is it with me that makes me leave things like this unfinished for so long? Is it the lack of motivation I get nowadays, or am I just being lazy?)

Double post, firstly because I have a new idea and I want someone to notice, sceondly, I'm waaay to lazy. =D

I was thinking, instead of having the complication of putting a hoop in then a Nights Bumper, you should just use a hoop with the same actions as a Bumper. And maybe it should go through part of the animation of collecting a hoop so it looks like it's propelling you.

The hoop is a very complicated code. It probably took me more than an hour trying to disable it. Besides, no one is ever interested in making a Riders level, and trying to add a hoop is hard enough as it is. We might as well stick with the NiGHTS bumper, since it's extremely easy to get it working, and it's not broken.

SonicMaster said:
The flag value of a Hoop determines its height in fracunits from the floor. A hoop's pitch (direction on the vertical plane) is in a range of 0 to 255. A hoop's yaw (direction on the horizontal plane) is calculated in multiples of 256 and can span a range of -32768 to 32512. The yaw value is added to the pitch to create the Angle value.

That's not that complicated.

If you were with us when the bumper was added, you'd remember people trying to make the Air Rings. Crappy ones. Besides, the hoops makes it look more 3D.

Sorry about the long time, I forgot to post the sprites :D

SILVN1.png
SILVN2.png
SILVN3.png
SILVN4.png
SILVN5.png
SILVN6.png
SILVN7.png
SILVN8.png

Ground The Fox said:

Looks like there's a silver looking thing where his arm is. If it's to show where his arm actually is (or is his crest) then alright, but I just noticed it while skimming the topic.

I finally added acceleration. I even got different sets for Speed, Fly, and Power. For those who know C++, here's what I did:
Code:
ex = player->powers[pw_exspeed]

P_InstaThrust(player->mo, player->mo->angle, ex*FRACUNIT);

I added a new counter for individual players. When not running, exspeed equals the current skin's runspeed. Once you start running, your speed is dependant on the exspeed counter. And as you run, the exspeed counter is added points every X miliseconds, or tics. Now you're able to see how you slowly start gaining speed as you run along.

It's even more cool when I get Sonic, who has low accel, get to Lv. 3, and start running. You can finally see him riding slowly until he reaches top speed. Not like before, when you simply got a sudden push. I should be able to add a braking system later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back