SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing worth posting a screenshot. Just finished Unleashed, so I'm getting back on spriting. With levels, I decided to remove the mirrored levels. Not because I hate them, but because I keep adding a lot of new features to the original levels. They take a while to mirror, so I decided to remove them.

One of those reasons is the new PIT stop. Just like in the original game, once you're under it, it forces you to stop, changes the angle of direction to the safest route, and you start getting air points. Once it's filled, it shoots you out. In other words, it's a modified Grind Rail, which itself is a modified Speed Pad.

Another one is the new Alternate View camera. Like in SRB2, it switches to a different view, according to the Thing's position. In Riders, when you step onto the sector, it switches to the alternate view while following you at the same time. This is made for Time Attack replays. All I did was added A_Look. The only problem is that it doesn't look Up or Down.

Well, I still have to update Shadow, Eggman, and a few more characters, while making brand new ones. And even if I finish them, I still need to work on the levels. I want Mario Kart to have some good, decent levels. Not only that, but I also have to make the white map outline for the HUD. I use Photoshop to shrink it, clean it, then travel to all the corners of the level to find out if Sonic runs out of the outline. It takes a few hours.

With my new DS and Sonic Unleashed to keep me occupied, I've completely forgotten about work. So here's the news on the mod.

• For Jet, I decided to give him the nojumpspin with no special jump. I just don't feel like spriting his glide sprites.
  • I really don't feel like respriting Shadow with Dr. Pepper's version, so I'll ignore that part. His Kart sprites and Sonic R sprites will have the new version, while the Riders one will keep the old. If I actually do some work, he should be done in a few days.
  • At this rate, I don't think I'll manage to make new characters. Mostly because adding a board to a walking skin takes hours. If don't have time, then I guess no Rouge or Blaze. Sorry, Nitro. Sorry. Dr. Pepper.
  • Amy is supposed to be Retro Amy for Kart and Sonic R, right? If so, I need to have whichever one has a finished set of walking sprites.
  • Eggman has 4 wheels pasted in for Kart mode, and the Eggmobile pasted over and over for Sonic R.
  • For levels, I'll start once Shadow is done.

I'll be starting school mid-Jan, so I really want to try and get this all done before school takes over me. I really wanted Wave to be finished, but with time flying by, I don't know anymore.

So if it's already close to being January 12, then I'll have to finish with the skin that I'll be working on, and finish some levels. After that, I'll have to see if the code is ok, and have a quick netgame beta test. Sprites are the number one reason why this mod doesn't get released every month or so.

I feel it necessary, since this question was ignored the first two times, to ask it again: will we be able to actually unlock the secret levels in the new version?

Chaos Zero 64 said:
[*]At this rate, I don't think I'll manage to make new characters. Mostly because adding a board to a walking skin takes hours. If don't have time, then I guess no Rouge or Blaze. Sorry, Nitro. Sorry. Dr. Pepper.
I could finish Blaze and the ShadowRE Rider CZ, I've got the time.

Dr.Pepper said:
Chaos Zero 64 said:
[*]At this rate, I don't think I'll manage to make new characters. Mostly because adding a board to a walking skin takes hours. If don't have time, then I guess no Rouge or Blaze. Sorry, Nitro. Sorry. Dr. Pepper.
I could finish Blaze and the ShadowRE Rider CZ, I've got the time.

Go for it!
I want to play as blaze. :D

For Shadow, the only thing he's missing is the Shadow Rider sprites. I don't really care if the riders sprite are from the old Shadow, while the Kart and Sonic R sprites are yours, Dr. Pepper. It's really your choice to fix the riders sprites for him.

For Blaze, she also needs the walking frames with her holding the air board. To make this easier on you, why don't you simply make the front, back, and side sprites, and let me do the ones with an angle. We still need Blaze's board sprites, though.

And yesterday, I finished Eggman. His special jump is Tails' flight. But instead of having ability 1, he uses 6. It's meant for Eggman only, really. When you select a skin with the 6th ability, the camera's height changes from 20 to 64, and the distance from 128 to 192. Just like playing in Adventure mode. Not only that, but I forced him to fly whenever he's not touching the ground. So just like in JTE's SPMoves, you won't have to double jump if you want him to fly.

So I guess now, I'll start pasting Shadow's sprites onto shadowrider.ridr. As for his special jump, what should it be? It would be nice if it wasn't the same as in SRB2JTE: a modified glide. The only thing I can think of is his Chaos Control from Sonic Battle.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
For Shadow, the only thing he's missing is the Shadow Rider sprites. I don't really care if the riders sprite are from the old Shadow, while the Kart and Sonic R sprites are yours, Dr. Pepper. It's really your choice to fix the riders sprites for him.
I'll get to Shadow when I can then. :) I'm going to recolor Sonic's board black and red for Shadow's, (Since he doesn't have a board at all in the official games) how does that sound?
Chaos Zero 64 said:
For Blaze, she also needs the walking frames with her holding the air board. To make this easier on you, why don't you simply make the front, back, and side sprites, and let me do the ones with an angle. We still need Blaze's board sprites, though.
Okay, I'll get started on those tonight. I have seen her board in SRZG, it doesn't fit the original SR style well at all, and the curves would be very hard to draw. It would be simpler to recolor some other board, like Sonic's, as I did for her trick frames. I've also got some voice samples of her from Sonic Rush if it's okay to use those, since I can't find any SRZG rips.

Well, I'm trying to release the mod ASAP, so sure. Let everyone else get a recolor of Sonic's Board. And it's better if Blaze's walking sprites were finished first.

CheeseNChips.png

I've always wanted to do this, and since I knew how to, I decided to try it out. It only took a few hours. Right now, even the second player in splitscreen gets them too, but I can fix that later.

I just need someone to finish the sprites, and give out comments on them. The only ones left are their diagonal sprites.
http://cz64.sepwich.com/images/cheesenchip.bmp

Dr.Pepper said:
I'll get to Shadow when I can then. :) I'm going to recolor Sonic's board black and red for Shadow's, since he doesn't have a board at all in the official games. how does that sound?

*facepalm* I have SR:ZG, and Shadow does have a board: the Black Shot. You'd have to base it more or less, but it would work.

I don't actually own SRZG, I just play VS with a friend's copy on the PS2. So how would I know if Shadow had a board if I never even played as him in that game? =P I've never even been through the whole Single Player story.
Also, I'm pretty sure the Black Shot wouldn't fit into the original SR-style, ZG boards would look out of place in SRB2Riders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back