SRB2 netplay speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My connection is way fast cause i have internet explorer 7 with my new computer i got in early 07, a dell insperon e5120 equipped with windows vista.

Cue said:
If SRB2 is eating up enough of your CPU to make it run slowly, you have a problem...

Task Manager says 100% CPU usage for me when in I press the Start key to minimize while in a level. But SRB2 does not run slowly for me.

260108814.png

The irony here is that despite the really high speeds and relatively low ping, I still can't play SRB2 without being the laggiest player in the game.

The power of firewalls. They do a good job when they are configured correctly for the network.

DriftwoodDude121 said:
My connection is way fast cause i have internet explorer 7 with my new computer i got in early 07, a dell insperon e5120 equipped with windows vista.

A new computer has nothing to do with your internet speed that your ISP gives you I am afraid. Maybe you should read up on how it all works.

Although it's not great, I must note that I'm running on a wireless connection rather than a wired one. I also have I pretty bad connection at times. ((According to my PSP, the average connection percent is around 60)

Chaos Knux said:
260992057.png

Chaos said:

O M G you download at 13 MB/s but you can only upload 1.5? Odd.
Divide those two numbers by 8, and you get his actual connection speeds. Those are in kilobits/second, not kilobytes/second. If it was kilobytes/second, it would have been KB/s.

It's good for downloading, but for uploading(i.e hosting netgames), it's really not that good. That's why I prefer to join netgames than to host.

Yep. That's my speed.
EDIT: In comparison, my internet sucks badly!
EDIT 2: Um... It ain't fast, but it's about the same speed linking to... well, anywhere.

That's Tokyo, Japan, and I'm in Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back