SRB2 netplay speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ground The Fox said:
The download link of fast connection is safe?
It is safe but messes with the registry files and is not garanteed to work, so if your gonna use them make sure you back up your current registry files. I recomend the lan one as it works and the company who made that went bust and that website is the only place that has that file as far as i know :s.

Also great speeds everyone, for people who is confused the download speed is the speed of joining a srb2 server and the upload is the speed with you send information aka hosting servers.

You need upload to join a server to send information, you know >_>

Better wording here:

The download speed is the speed at which data can be transfered to your computer from the internet.
The upload speed is the speed at which data can be transfered from your computer to the internet.

Cue said:

Better wording here:

The download speed is the speed at which data can be transfered to your computer from the internet.
The upload speed is the speed at which data can be transfered from your computer to the internet.
Out smarted by cue >_>

super silvex said:
Cue said:

Better wording here:

Out smarted by cue >_>

Outsmarted by pretty much everyone, it's just Cue that said it.

My Co-Op placement connection.

Keep this in mind though guys. It is in kilobits per second, not kilobytes per second. You need to divide your total by eight to get the actual speed.

Example. This one has a download speed of around 639 KB/s and an upload speed of around 82 KB/s.

Also did you know microsoft keeps 20% of your internet for its own use?, to stop this do the following :-

Go to Start-> Run-> and type gpedit.msc
Expand the Administrative Templates branch
Expand the Network tab
Highlight QoS Packet Scheduler
Click on Limit Reservable Bandwidth and check the ‘enabled’ box
Then Change the Bandwidth limit % to 0 %

As far as i know microsoft keeps 20% of it so if it uses microsoft update then it wont let you use that 20%. Also any other microsoft applications use that 20% as well.

2568535002ba1.png

God damn, mine is fast.

super silvex said:
Go to Start-> Run-> and type gpedit.msc
Expand the Administrative Templates branch
Expand the Network tab
Highlight QoS Packet Scheduler
Click on Limit Reservable Bandwidth and check the ‘enabled’ box
Then Change the Bandwidth limit % to 0 %

I tried this and it doesn't work. Are you sure the typed the name of the file right?
Anyways, my internet speed is...

At the closest location.
Over in the land of Kentucky Fried Chicken, (Lexington, gotta love it.)

It's not that great, but it's better than Nev3r's >.>

Right go on start, then run, then type gpedit.msc, then look under Computer configuration, then enlarge Administrative Templates, then enlarge network, then click QoS packet scheduler not enlarge, then on the right hand side click limit reservable bandwidth, click enable then type 0 where it says %.

helpful?

Funny, last I checked, 20% of 4000 was 800, so explain why I get 3900 out of 4000kb/s if Microsoft 'keeps' 20% of it?

Cue said:
Funny, last I checked, 20% of 4000 was 800, so explain why I get 3900 out of 4000kb/s if Microsoft 'keeps' 20% of it?
It only uses it if its updating etc.... hence why its called reserved bandwidth -.-

Vlad Freeman said:
i1674jpgeh4.png

Ow... I have the fastest Internets in the world!
If you didn't fake it then you're running from a server connection rather than a normal one, seriously o_o'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back