SRB2 netplay speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Considering that New Zealand has some of the slowest broadband speeds worldwide, and I was running this over my Wi-Fi network, it ran pretty well.

256608738.png

... Is that good? O.o

I want Verizon like "r.u.b.i.k" ._. ...

I'm quite sure those high numbers are the most unstable ones (that is, that the range of values they generally have is big). And also I've heard some bad things about Verizon regarding how well do they provide their Internet services. Be careful :/

Sik, depends on what kind of broadband, cable is generally quite stable, I have found...

Seriously, don't use the internet accelerators, they are actually a pile of lies, you can't make your internet connection go any faster than what your ISP supplies to you without paying extra moneys, so get it out of your head.

R.U.B.I.X, your upload is pretty damn good for a 10mbit connection.

I'm on 4mb here, but by the end of this month Virgin are upgrading 4mb in my area to 10mb. ^_^

GCFreak said:

Considering that New Zealand has some of the slowest broadband speeds worldwide, and I was running this over my Wi-Fi network, it ran pretty well.
Mine would be about the same, c'ept my provider is Telstra Bigpond Australia.

EDIT: Apparrently not. I didn't even know my internet could download this fast, because most of the time I have really high ping with most servers on the internet, and a low download speed.

Old Speed(Taken a few months ago)
203143715.png

The speed I have now.
256631744.png

I have many problems with my ISP. I can't even play net games because I lag to bad and somethings my internet goes down. The problems I have right now might be this terrible computer that I am on.

Wow... this connection isn't that bad. O_o

For the heck of it, I also did some other tests as well.

Closest spot in the US:

Farthest:

Also, farthest point in Canada, since I clicked it by accident =P :

And one more test, from the farthest place I could find, also for the heck of it:

My god Vlad Freeman.

256737301.png

Be minded, This is my school's connection. I'll have my home connection later.

256778827.png

Iz mah internetz!

Now I know why my netgame host doesn't work. And it was faster last time I tested. My internets is bad.

Vlad Freeman said:
i1674jpgeh4.png

Ow... I have the fastest Internets in the world!
How is that possible? The fastest ISP for downloading is GP Internet Ltd. The download speed is 43,771 KB/s. And the fastest ISP for uploading is Voip Info, which has an upload speed of 29,638 KB/s. All of this is in Moscow, Russia. Hell, the fastest internet connection comes from Japan, not Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back