• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Music Remaster Project

I can whole-heartedly say that these need to be in 2.2. They're incredible. No, really, (most of) the originals weren't bad, but these make the soundtrack feel completely fresh again.

Hey folks, this weekend I plan to do some ripping of some Yamaha XG sounds, which the existing SRB2 soundtrack uses predominantly; I'm thinking I might use some of these in my mixes in the future. If there are any sounds from the vanilla soundtrack you would like me to use, let me know and I'll see if I can get a hold of them.

Hell, if there are any sounds from this game or otherwise that you'd like to hear, I'm open to suggestions.
Maybe you could integrate some Master System or Genesis sounds. After all, this game is inspired by the Classic Sonic games. Also, you need to get your works into the next release of the game, or update your music pack.

BTW, you could mash up Green Hill Zone's theme with Sonic 2's Green Hills theme, to add some flavor.

Last edited:
These are all fucking amazing. My favorites have gotta be Floral Field, Cavern Fortress, Dusty Wasteland (reminds me of Lego Racers for some reason), and Egg Satellite. I love the original bits too. Once you update the music pack it's gonna become my default music choice.

Feels like Christmas morning. Love them all, but Magma Caves is my favorite~ <3

Are you planning on making a remix of the old Special Stage theme that has themes of Mystic Realm mixed in it?

Last edited:
I dunno how I feel about the constant drumbeat added to Black Hole. The original percussion created a very deliberate ominous feeling, and the addition feels really tacked-on, especially when it overlays the heartbeat-esque bass drum kicks at the end of the song. Otherwise the remaster's fantastic, though.

The first four bars of Egg Satellite feel... I dunno what word I'm going for. Cheap, maybe? I like how it builds into the rest of the song, but something about it isn't quite right. Maybe bringing the strings back in for the intro and transitioning away from them would help? Or start the song at a slower BPM and speed it up to the current one in those four bars? I dunno what would work, really. Otherwise, though, it took a song I was ambivalent about and turned it into something really good.

Last edited:
Are you planning on making a remix of the old Special Stage theme that has themes of Mystic Realm mixed in it?

Nope, for the most part I'm done with special stages. In the future I might touch the Mystic Realm tunes I didn't use, but their themes probably won't use the special stage motif.

@Red: I'll look into it later, for now I'm taking a break from this shit lol

Wow! Those themes are amazing! I really enjoy the 80's/90's thing going on, and personally find Cavern Fortress to be my favourite. Also, you're redoing the Mystic Realm tracks? Odd, considering it's a level pack...
Anyways, great job!

Wow! Those themes are amazing! I really enjoy the 80's/90's thing going on, and personally find Cavern Fortress to be my favourite. Also, you're redoing the Mystic Realm tracks? Odd, considering it's a level pack...
Anyways, great job!

The only reason I did the ones I did so far is because they're currently being used for the special stages, and I wanted to bring back the old melody without removing the individualized tracks.

I'll do Aerial Garden Zone because that's currently being used in one of our extra levels. Act 3&4 I might not touch. Emerald Coast Zone (or whatever it's called) and Verdant Forest Zone are tunes I might do if I ever get bored, but they're not priorities. Though, if I do Verdant Forest, it'll be an entirely new song, because the current one is garbage.

Oh my god, I don't even know which one to pick as a favorite between all of those. These soundtracks are just so good, it makes me overjoyed to see that these were made.

It kind of amazes me that you are also intend to do a bit more of the Mystic Realm soundtrack as well. I personally didn't like the Verdant Forest music either, so I really look forward to your remake of it~

Again, any MR tune that isn't Aerial Garden 1 is a low priority, so I don't know when I'll get to it. You can see what's on my todo list on the first page, everything else is just long-term speculation for now.

Again, any MR tune that isn't Aerial Garden 1 is a low priority, so I don't know when I'll get to it. You can see what's on my todo list on the first page, everything else is just long-term speculation for now.
Well, you've pretty much done most of MR already, right?

Only parts of Mystic Realm soundtrack he hasn't already done a remaster of are: Jade Coast, Verdant Forest, Midnight Freeze, and of course Aerial Garden all acts.

I think I can hear a bit of Jade Coast in Floral Field, it's just a bit subtle. Could just be me though.

I think I can hear a bit of Jade Coast in Floral Field, it's just a bit subtle. Could just be me though.

There isn't, they just sound similar due to some of the "tropical" instrumentation and percussion I added.

That being said, originally I was actually planning on merging Jade Coast's motif into the special stage theme. It came out pretty haphazardly, and in the end I just dumped the idea in favor of an extended, more tropical rendition of the old special stage music.

Last edited:
There isn't, they just sound similar due to some of the "tropical" instrumentation and percussion I added.

That being said, originally I was actually planning on merging Jade Coast's motif into the special stage theme. It came out pretty haphazardly, and in the end I just dumped the idea in favor of an extended, more tropical rendition of the old special stage music.
I think AGZ should have a bit of the special stage motif. I love how it turned out with the other MR songs you've done. Also, Is that motif in Black Hole? Can't hear it. Love the songs, btw, but think the beginning of Egg Satellite should be a bit longer, as it's a bit odd hearing it only once before the drums kick in. Can hardly wait to actually hear how they sound in-game.

Also, Is that motif in Black Hole? Can't hear it.

Black Hole is basically unchanged minus the tick-tock and the 2010 Space Odyssey trippiness at the end. I didn't know how to add in the motif without spoiling the song's buildup.

Black Hole is basically unchanged minus the tick-tock and the 2010 Space Odyssey trippiness at the end. I didn't know how to add in the motif without spoiling the song's buildup.
I'm curious:what's your favorite srb2 remix so far? Mine is either Egg Sattelite or Egg Rock.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back