• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Music Remaster Project

for some reason I still get a boss battle vibe from it. Though in this version It sounds more like Boss Rush.

Oh my god. I love the revision 4 for the Super theme. It sounds so god damn epic and NOT boring. I also really love how you intergrated the old super theme, but BETTER in it. Would've been a shame to see it go completely. You're amazing. XD

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

I'm curious by the way, what do you use to make your music stuff? (IDK if it's been posted before but aaa)

Wow, your work is extremely good! I find myself humming these tracks quite often. My personal favourite tracks are Red Volcano and Super Sonic. Also, the drums kind-of give me a Sonic Adventure vibe, and I'm somewhat curious as to wether that's what feel you're going for. Good Job!

The drums are just whatever I have or came up with. They're kind of my weakpoint with this software, as I'm not very good at making percussive instruments (and the existing library of snares isn't geared toward my style of music).

I see. Sonic Adventure wouldn't be so bad to take inspiration from either, as the soundtrack is quite good. It would also be quite cool to hear if you made a remaster of the Title screen and Techno Hill, as that music is kinda dated, and not very unique.

Last edited:
I'll probably do so in the future, but they're not high on the to-do list yet. For now I want to finish remixing the special stage themes (about halfway finished as of speaking), and then I'll see where things go from there.

Hey folks, this weekend I plan to do some ripping of some Yamaha XG sounds, which the existing SRB2 soundtrack uses predominantly; I'm thinking I might use some of these in my mixes in the future. If there are any sounds from the vanilla soundtrack you would like me to use, let me know and I'll see if I can get a hold of them.

Hell, if there are any sounds from this game or otherwise that you'd like to hear, I'm open to suggestions.

Last edited:
That Flame Rift song, oh my god. The middle of it is so well composed that it captures the feeling of flying around in a Special Stage very nicely.

I don't have too many ideas in mind regarding what songs could be remade. If anything, the stages that usually come in mind are the ones that could use actually unique musics to begin with, which are mostly the online levels (such as Noxious Factory and Lime Forest). But given that new songs would require planning them out and the such, I'm not going to insist too much on those.

If there's a song I'd love to see being remade, then that would be THZ1.

Dear BlueWarrior,

Would you like to become an official composer for future releases of Sonic Robo Blast 2?
(y/y)

Love,
Iceman404

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back