• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Frame/sprites and ther weird but good shading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omega the Hedgehog said:
Sonic did make a really short appearance in one of the episodes. Not sure if he talked, though. Still hillarious what they made him look like, however.
picsplz

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Sorry for the double post, but I just saw 'Ren Seeks Help' and 'Upward and Onward'. Both episodes were some of the best R&S stuff I've ever seen, and I love just how increased the visual quality has gotten.

Great stuff. But that's just my opinion =P

Ren seeks Help. That is the most disturbing, twisted, sick stuff I have seen in my life.

Wait for it...

I LOVE IT!

RSH17.JPG

:mrgreen:

Is it legal to download those episodes? I've heard mixed responses.

Yes, it is legal, just as it is legal to download specific SatAM and AoStH episodes. If it wasn't released to DVD or VHS, it's legal to download episodes.

Do you have Artuists, Naked Beach Frenzy, and Stimpys Pregnant?

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Yes, it is legal, just as it is legal to download specific SatAM and AoStH episodes. If it wasn't released to DVD or VHS, it's legal to download episodes.
No, it's not. The copyright is still there for 95 years after the release, or whatever number of years it's been since Mickey Mouse was created.

Now, whether or not anyone will CARE if you download it is another question, but it's certainly not LEGAL.

Mystic said:
Omega the Hedgehog said:
No, it's not. The copyright is still there for 95 years after the release, or whatever number of years it's been since Mickey Mouse was created.

Now, whether or not anyone will CARE if you download it is another question, but it's certainly not LEGAL.

Go to the The Loyal Order of Stupids, and ask, then.

If they're linking to Amazon, then it's definitely something people would care if you download illegally.

Anyhow, anything copyrighted can't be legally downloaded, and that includes all sorts of things that people don't care about. I seriously doubt anyone is going to care if you download a ROM of E.T. for Atari, but it's still illegal.

Basically, if it's illegal, it's not allowed here. Do note that the private messages of this forum can be read, and you are accountable. If you want to do something against the law, do it somewhere else. And if it's interesting enough, let me in on it ^_~

Mystic said:
Anyhow, anything copyrighted can't be legally downloaded, and that includes all sorts of things that people don't care about. I seriously doubt anyone is going to care if you download a ROM of E.T. for Atari, but it's still illegal.
ROMs for Atari are really old, enough for get some games losing the copyrights. Seriously, one of the ROMs distributed in the MAME's page was too old and lose the copyrights. The author confirmed it to them. This mean that copyright has a limit time if it's not renoved. In the case of that ROM, which is of the same age, this happened, so it would happen to a lot of Atari ROMs already. However, Genesis ROMs are too young yet :P

But returning to the quote, with that critter, then fangames are illegal too. And yes, this includes Sonic RoboBlast 2. Just use the characters is illegal for the copyright. So, stop talking about this. Seriously, I'm still don't know if fangames are legal or not (this includes the ones where appears ALL the copyright stuff about Sonic and are COMPLETELY freeware).

BigBoi said:
Mystic said:
And if it's interesting enough, let me in on it ^_~

Mystic, you blew you chance a loooooonnng time ago. ;)
Oh, well... XD

Sik said:
But returning to the quote, with that critter, then fangames are illegal too. And yes, this includes Sonic RoboBlast 2. Just use the characters is illegal for the copyright. So, stop talking about this. Seriously, I'm still don't know if fangames are legal or not (this includes the ones where appears ALL the copyright stuff about Sonic and are COMPLETELY freeware).
It is indeed technically illegal, unless the company gives explicit permission to do so, which SEGA has not. (If you're curious, Capcom has given permission.)

You can read up on the legality of fangames here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fangames

Mmmmmh... Interesting... Hey, it has a mention about SRB2! :D
However... Sega directly don't pay attention to this kind of things, curiously... I never heard them say something about the fangames or the emulation of the Sega Genesis, as nothing illegal have happened... :? Is known that Sega don't take care of this...

Wikipedia said:
Much like fanfiction, there has been criticism of fangames. Some fangames are poor imitators of their source material, while others put a great deal more emphasis on cinematic cutscenes than on the gameplay itself. Others, however, are much truer. The aforementioned Sonic Robo Blast 2, a game which uses a modified version of Doom's engine to create a 3D Sonic game which plays very similar to the classic 2D games, has a significant fanbase and a small editing community which has created a few add-ons to the game.
Small??? Are you sure???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back