Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Chisuun said:
Well, I got to this game's Final Boss (Wii)...and it just blows. I mean, it sucks so very hard. Super Sonic controls oh so incredibly clunky and the method of taking down your opponent is just unfair. Also, your opponent has a move that I have yet to figure out how to dodge. Talk about crappy bosses.
Difficulty is not what makes a crappy boss, Chisuun.
Strange. I didn't have a problem with clunky controls...

I'm not talking about difficulty, I'm talking about how it's laid out. I'll take the 360 boss over the Wii boss any day.

Oh, and, by clunky, I should say that Super Sonic does not know the meaning of acceleration and deceleration.

Err what?
Super Sonic on the 360 has camera problems...said to have awkward controls and Chips part you have to be hit.

Also the Wii version....its not unfair.You just suck*No offense
And you don't know how to dodge it?Figures....it easily tells you to go to the open spaces....ignorant are you.

Also err what..Super Sonic for the Wii was a matter of left and right,and then using boost to kill the eye.

:(

Autosaver said:
Err what?
Super Sonic on the 360 has camera problems...said to have awkward controls and Chips part you have to be hit.

I still find it more fun.

Also the Wii version....its not unfair.You just suck*No offense

You expect that to not be offensive?

And you don't know how to dodge it?Figures....it easily tells you to go to the open spaces....ignorant are you.

Nope, the game never told me how to dodge Dark Gaia's one attack that covers the entire screen. Unless it was that instruction regarding the use of the L and R buttons. In which case, it failed.

Also err what..Super Sonic for the Wii was a matter of left and right,and then using boost to kill the eye.

The way it was executed fails.

Nope, the game never told me how to dodge Dark Gaia's one attack that covers the entire screen. Unless it was that instruction regarding the use of the L and R buttons. In which case, it failed.

Dude, when Dark Gaia attacks you, you see this flash of the wind telling you where hes gonna hit.

Oh great, just what I need, fanboys bashing me for not liking their game :P

But, seriously, Autosaver, you know how ironic that statement it? I'm nearsighted, and my glasses broke 2 weeks ago. So, no, I couldn't see those lines. Not like I would have enough time to get out of the way anyway, with the way Super Sonic controls.

No ones bashing the game because you didn't like it.
Its you saying false things which like "Wii version impossible to hit" and us trying to tell you it is. <--With some adjectives. :P

Also it is easy to get out of the way,just rush to the middle of the screen..its not that hard.

Also tell me,are you using gamecube,wii controller,or classic?

Autosaver said:
No ones bashing the game because you didn't like it.

Someone's not reading...

Its you saying false things which like "Wii version impossible to hit" and us trying to tell you it is. <--With some adjectives. :P

Did I say it was impossible to hit? No, there was one go where I was one hit away from beating Dark Gaia.

Also tell me,are you using gamecube,wii controller,or classic?

Gamecube controller.

Yes I havn't
I don't read older pages.... :P

Also impossible was a typo,I meant to write unfair.
Its a cake-walk if you collect rings when the level starts.

I don't see anything un-fair about going to the middle to dodge an attack. :/

At least you know what to do since I just read the page before this.

Also whos bashing you about not liking this game,I only read stuff bashing you because you don't know what to do...or really bad. :P

Autosaver said:
Also it is easy to get out of the way,just rush to the middle of the screen..its not that hard.

Its the only attack that forces you to be accurate, and Sonic seems to have forgotten how to fly, so getting in the middle is pretty hard, considering you can't just quick-step there like most other attacks.

Chrome said:
Autosaver said:

Its the only attack that forces you to be accurate, and Sonic seems to have forgotten how to fly, so getting in the middle is pretty hard, considering you can't just quick-step there like most other attacks.
Which is why you should be prepared at all times for that attack.

I admit, it would have been nice if the camera had been pulled out more in the final boss, then you can afford to go a little faster and get a few more rings.

However, it was still highly original for a Super Sonic level. I liked the fact that it was stationary actually, it changed things up a bit. And even if you aren't going lightning speed, it takes a lot of skill and dexterity to manage your rings, dodge the attacks, AND set yourself up to attack him all at once. I found all four last bosses to be very rewarding. Especially because of how they managed to get all of the gameplay styles from the Unleashed game in there.

Well, if the last quarter of 2008 has told me anything, it's not to get to attached to a Sonic game, so that when it comes out, if it's crappy, I can spare myself the trouble of bashing IGN over the head verbally over their review, and laugh at other fanboys doing so. I laughed when you all did it.

Chisuun said:
Well, if the last quarter of 2008 has told me anything, it's not to get to attached to a Sonic game, so that when it comes out, if it's crappy, I can spare myself the trouble of bashing IGN over the head verbally over their review, and laugh at other fanboys doing so. I laughed when you all did it.
Crap? That's what you thought the game was?

No, I actually thought that Unleashed was good, which was surprising, I was thinking it was going to suck, but I was apparently proved wrong.

Chisuun said:
No, I actually thought that Unleashed was good, which was surprising, I was thinking it was going to suck, but I was apparently proved wrong.
But not exactly the wake up call for SEGA that we were looking forward to....

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
But not exactly the wake up call for SEGA that we were looking forward to....

It was actually far more than I expected. I was planning to get the game under the understanding it would be a substandard game because of the Werehog. However, I was proven wrong, where while the daytime stages seldom got any more complicated until I reached Eggmanland, each Werehog stage impressed me by testing my skill in platforming more than before.

After I unlock anything, I might even time-attack these stages, even if they aren't meant for it. The dash is very satisfying to pull off, and I'd love to see if I can try using it to save a few seconds in Adabat... while the combo system serves to do little more than make the combat quicker... therefore, it has become a priority as I replay levels and try to get through them fast to the extent that I am using combos and moves I never used throughout most of the game the first time I played the stages.

I just need to find that stupid 69th Moon Medal. Either in the last Shamar Special Mission or the second-to-last Holoska special mission. I'm still finding items, but none of them are keys.

EDIT: And actually, the producer of Sonic Team said that he expected the fanbase to be divided by Sonic Unleashed because of the day/night thing. He wanted werehog to attract people to the game that wouldn't be interested in the daytime sonic right away (and to make sure there was more content than seven tracks), but he said that some people are really going to hate that he changes at night.

While you may say "well if he knew that, then why did he do it in the first place?" but I think that this shows that he knows what he is doing. This bodes well for future installments if that is the case.

Which is why you theorized that the incomming reaction they would get will only further perfect (though that word may be too much) The black Knight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back