Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hedgehog and the werehog split the gameplay elements of what we expect from Sonic into two vastly different styles of gameplay. The way I've been seeing it recently, now that that's been done, those two styles of gameplay will be joined back together, keeping the good points of both Unleashed and Secret Rings and creating a gameplay system that works and is enjoyable.

I wasn't disappointed by Unleashed; it has its own batch of flaws, but it's an enjoyable experience. If Sonic Team keeps this up and improves on it, the Black Knight should be surefire. I won't make any predictions, but I anticipate how this turns out.

Why you all say the WII version is good, and PS2 bad? I seriously see no difference, tell me at least 6 differences and ill agree with that, no, dont get into another discussion, just post the diferences.

There's not much differences, exept when graphics comes in mind, still, it's not enough to prove that PS2 is more bad than the WII version, PS2 wins on the controls, more easier to perform... but anyway, if we join everything:

SU (PS2): Better controls, awesome gameplay
SU (WII): Better graphic colors, awesome gameplay

We get a TIE!!! (2-2)

Wii
Wiimote + Nunchuck
Classic Controller
Cubetroller (Yes, that's what I call it.)

PS2
PS2 controller

PS3
PS3 Controller

XboX360 controller

Wii wins the controls.

TTM, I'll tell you this, you're in for a lot of fun. I still question how the Wii version is best, and I'm being serious here. The 360 version has the more enjoyable gameplay and offers up a great feeling of success. You get the full experience of speed, strength, and Sonic. Sure you have to collect medals and the final boss is like a slower Doomsday, but you can't complain about the overall experience (from what I've played.)

*sweat drop*

Im just getting it cause I've played every sonic game released so far ^^'
That and it kinda (KINDA) reminds me of sonic adventure in a way.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
TTM, I'll tell you this, you're in for a lot of fun. I still question how the Wii version is best, and I'm being serious here. The 360 version has the more enjoyable gameplay and offers up a great feeling of success. You get the full experience of speed, strength, and Sonic. Sure you have to collect medals and the final boss is like a slower Doomsday, but you can't complain about the overall experience (from what I've played.)

Please edit that post and remove the Final Boss thing.

Chaos Knux said:
Wii
Wiimote + Nunchuck
Classic Controller
Cubetroller (Yes, that's what I call it.)

PS2
PS2 controller

PS3
PS3 Controller

XboX360 controller

Wii wins the controls.

But you have to go out, try to find them, buy them for a ridiculously large amount, then try to work out how to use them, then you can play the game.

PoisonUnagi said:
But you have to go out, try to find them, buy them for a ridiculously large amount, then try to work out how to use them, then you can play the game.

Wii comes with the wiimote and since the wiimote-nunchuk is standard for most every game out there, chances are you will already have the controls you need. If you had the Gamecube, you can use your gamecube controller (and they do cost less new than do wiimotes) or if you are a Virtual Console enthusiast, you will probably have the classic controller for the sake of playing the old games the way they were originally played.

Wii's peripherals aren't really as bad as they would have you believe. Most of them are entirely optional and pointless (you do not need a tennis or a baseball bat shell for your wiimote in order to play Tennis or Baseball. GC and Classic controllers are always optional, but there are times when you will be glad to have that option. If you can't find the controller you are looking for, the multiple control schemes mean you can just play it using something else.

Well, this game is pretty good for PS3 (Only played DEMO version) that makes me only focus on gameplay as Sonic the Hedgehog, and what I can say is that it has no comparision to the PS2 version I´ll say why:

In the PS2 version, when you start, there´s a 3 second countdown wich takes relatively the time that takes in the PS3, but already getting in the gameplay, in PS2 version, Sonic moves so weird and cheap, his movement set is bad edited, and plus, when you run and try to move to the lest or to the right, he will move with such an unestable way wich will make you unable to go properly, and plus, when you do a Jump Dash, Sonic will not even show the blue stripe he always makes.

Remove this gameplay missdesigns and you get the PS3 version.

This game is excellent. The main problem, however, is the fact that the night levels outnumber the day levels 3 to 1. Not that the night levels aren't enjoyable, because I love that kind of gameplay. Puzzle solving and action.
But the Day Levels were even better. Gorgeous environments, whizzing along at 300 mph, with perfect camera work. The next game, I hope, will follow the day level design and improve its small flaws. I would give this game a 4.2/5.

For me the PS3 version is better simply because there's a better balance of Werehog and Sonic levels. Also the point to sonic levels is to have a good mix of speed and platforming, and I've seen enough Wii levels to know that it didn't get the balance right, in the Wii version the level design is too much in the favour of just running/drifting around corners. The PS3 version has a much better mix of platforming and speed which is what you should have in a sonic game.

It honestly doesn't matter which version is better. As long as you enjoy the version you have. I have the Wii version and honestly, it feels like the spent a whole lot of time on the werehog levels and not nearly enough time on the Sonic levels. The Sonic levels are fun but they always end right as you are really getting into them. The werehog levels can be fun when your'e beating the crap out of multiple enemies, however the combat is just not satisfying enough and the levels seem to drag on too much. Not too mention there are way more werehog levels than Sonic levels. Despite these flaws, I still do enjoy the game. It has a certain charm that Sonic games lost over the past few years.

I played the Wii version. It was "ok" The Warehog Gamecube Controls were kinda wierd to me. Barley any Sonic Stages. So many Warehog stages.
All were IMO.

I kinda feel like The Wii/PS2 version was like an alpha version to the PS3/360 version. I don't have the PS3 version yet.

I saw the PS3/Xbox DLC it's really great 2.99 for 4 Sonic and 2 Warehog (Correct me if I'm wrong)

The DLC was already included in the Japan versions of these games.

You really should try the PS3 version. Using the PSN demo to represent the game was a bad idea (Windmill Isle Act 2 Daytime). The Werehog stages are well designed and have better controls than Wii. Plus, trophies! =DDDDDD

Just these daytime stages I don't like. =/

Although I don't have any nextgen system other than a Wii, I kinda want to buy the 360 version just so I can try it at my friend's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back