Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS3 uses the Hedgehog Engine (along with 360, but not played that one), and levels like Dragon Road or Arid Sands are platforming mostly. It only *really* gets into it's old platforming roots when it goes 2D, because most of the 3D parts are either:

A: Boost through everything except environmental hazards.
B: Take it more slowly and use L1/R1 to dodge Eggman's robots or the aforemeantioned environment hazards.

Don't know if I completely agree with that, there are levels like Adabat, Dragon Road and Eggmanland where there's a lot of 3d platforming sections.

I'm back!

but after what spark the hedgehog said I rethought my whole argument

I played the original games

I played the newer games

so what you and SRB2WikiSonicMaster said was right.

but the one thing I don't understand is how could you hate Sonic Rush adventure?!?!?!? while only some of the stages used platforming to get
to other places, the hidden islands (needed to finish game) are FULL with platforming! did you beat the hole game and get all the chaos and sol emeralds?

undefined said:
Then Boinciel is right when he said the PS3 version is better.

I don't really want to be defensive.
But in the PS360 version you can HOLD BOOST WITH NO PUSHING OF ANALOG!!! :O
But in the Wii version its filled with quick turning,punishments of abusing boost*Like slaming into wall and turn into paper thats only in the Wiis2.*
:P

undefined said:
crazy escape said:
but it's cool sonic can finally blow through the stage.
That's the problem with sonic games now a-days! Blowing through stages with absolutley no platforming at all! The good all sonic 2 days... I play sonic rush and other new sonic games, and I find them entertaining, but they'll never be like the classics...
Err...Sonic Rush was plat-forming.
Boost and die,look at IGN they were mad at how much careful plat-forming there was!
Also actually to the person who said Sonic Rush is closest to genesis days.No Sonic Advance 1 is.
Its slow platforming based.
May In betwenn Sonic 1 - Sonic 2 speed.

Sonic unleashed is cool, btu only during the day. During the night Sonic the "Were-hog" is more of a fighting/Platformer. Not always the best of ideas, a lot of times the frame rate on the night stages is a little slow and it lags. Sonic Unleashed is cool during the daytime, cause when fast 3D action meets classic 2D "Speed Platforming" it just has to be good! But when the sun goes down Half-hour werehog stages awaits....not good for sega! Maybe when they work on the frame rates and cut the night time stages into a third of the time maybe it will be a good game...I got the 360 version and visually it's good-looking, night-time sonic gameplay and frame rate must be improved!

He just stated 360.

Apparently, the 360 and PS3 versions of the werehog stages lag due to the sheer number of enemies and such. There's no lag whatsoever in the Wii version, but there also isn't an overload of too many enemies.

Blue Warrior said:
Apparently, the 360 and PS3 versions of the werehog stages lag due to the sheer number of enemies and such.

Nope, my friend has completed the 360 version of Sonic Unleashed, and I played half of the game (well, 3 of us did) when I was round his 2 weekends ago, and it has no lag at all what so ever, even if the 360 version overloads enemies which is a big flaw IMO. The combat system is much better in the 360 version, but I think the Wii version has more balanced stages day & night, enemies, items, etc. It must be your 360 that's having problems then MKB4U because it never lags at 1 point in the game. However, I haven't tried the PS3 version, so I can't really comment on that.

HyperKnux....maybe you didn't play certain levels or your facing only certain enemies at a time.
People have complained,SO MANY PEOPLE so its not his fault.
Even one person said "Sonic Unleashed can't even handle the fur on the were-hog!"

Also Half of the game?Thats easy,you need to get into the more action packed levels or something. :P

All right, I'll rent Sonic Unleashed for the Wii today. I'm not going to be able to really have access to a PS3 version any time soon, since the only PS3's I've even touched are at work. That, and I'm not willing to go to a friend's house to play it on an Xbox 360.

Well, I'm rather surprised. On the Wii, Apotos's Windmill Isle has flat segments, but they feel like a racing game at those points. And it works. Still figuring out how to master the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls for Werehog. Though more tedious than Battle Woods Zone at parts, it isn't fazing me at all at the moment.

Autosaver said:
HyperKnux....maybe you didn't play certain levels or your facing only certain enemies at a time.
People have complained,SO MANY PEOPLE so its not his fault.
Even one person said "Sonic Unleashed can't even handle the fur on the were-hog!"

Also Half of the game?Thats easy,you need to get into the more action packed levels or something. :P

Have you ever played the 360 version? it takes much longer to complete than the Wii version, but again, haven't played the PS3 one, so I can't comment on that, I played quite a few day & night stages on there, and it's absolutely fine. I lol'd when you said someone can't handle the werehog's fur. It's got to be either their game, or the console's problem otherwise it works fine on the consoles.

Plot hole! :D

Sonic 1-Shadow the Hedgehog: "The Chaos Emeralds have unlimited power!"

Sonic Unleashed: [spoiler:5c2c9bbabe]
Dr. Robotnik said:
I STOLE ALL OF THE POWER FROM THE CHAOS EMERALDS HA HA HA
[/spoiler:5c2c9bbabe]

Autosaver said:
Yeah...he took the unlimited power....and transferred it. :D
Thus explaining how he tore the earth apart... How he lost to a monster? Same thing like all the other Sonic games... For some reason, Eggman can't control it. When will Eggman build a device to control the monster and use it to his advantage?

Kitsune, you forgot about SADX, where[spoiler:6a79e7d696]Perfect Chaos used all of the Chaos Emerald's energy.[/spoiler:6a79e7d696]

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Autosaver said:
Yeah...he took the unlimited power....and transferred it. :D
Thus explaining how he tore the earth apart... How he lost to a monster? Same thing like all the other Sonic games... For some reason, Eggman can't control it. When will Eggman build a device to control the monster and use it to his advantage?

He transformed it into the beam,and cracked open Earth.
The power then went to the temples to restore the chaos emeralds...?

My guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back