Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
JEV3 said:
The Werehog game is the real meat of the game for sure, at least on the Wii version, but I think that if the encounters were a little less frequent they would have been very enjoyable, and I know that when I get around to using the GC controller they will be easier. (I like using the wiichuck to climb, but not throw punches)

I started out with the GCN controller; tried the werehog with wiimote/nunchuk, then went back to the GC controller. The wiimote/nunchuk controls like a vastly improved version of Secret Rings (I wouldn't doubt that the Black Knight will play similar) on the day stages, but I can do without its method of climbing and such. Gimmicky controls aren't really my thing when I'm trying to complete the game anyway.

I heard someone's index fingers were "sore" after using the GCN controller on the werehog stages, but I had no problem with it. It's easy to get used to, and unless you like to randomly mash the shoulder buttons, then it should probably play pretty well.

I got Sonic Unleashed for christmas, and it was fun! Though the day stages seemed to have no platforming (just a bunch of speed boost's, rails, springs, and lightdashes) I found it fun. I used the wii remote and nunchuck through the entire game. I found the game to be short (beat it in 3 days -.-) but the weresonic levels got more and more challenging, unlike the day levels (the only challenging day level was eggmanland). I'm glad that the supersonic level in this game was challenging. And CHIP DOESN'T DIE. IT LOOKS LIKE HE DOES. HE GOES BACK TO SLEEP WITH DARK GAIA FOR ANOTHER THOUSAND OR SOMETHING YEARS. What sucked was, I almost had a heartattack after beating the last level twice.....

Im gonna dowload the demo on xbox live cause im tired of playing it at game stores.

After that im just gonna save up till I can get it.

still SRB2WikiSonicMaster give it one more chance. I kinda felt the same way when I tried SRB2 first. but know, its on my list of pwnsome games.
shoot , I felt this way when I first played dot hack! now look at me! (see hdij post your desktop.)
still, if you ever play the game further into the game play shamar on the wii
or empire city on ps3 and 360 (empire city looks like a fusion of speed highway and city escape plus longer rails and Wall running!) as for the rpg elements in the game its sort of half full and half empty. I see it as sonic's REALLY fast and this gives me the chance to make him faster? *dies of awesome overload* where as some (mostly lazy retarded) people would see it as "he should be already this fast! FAIL!"
but please give it one more chance. By the way, the person who video reviewed sonic unleashed couldn't play for his life.

kinda felt the same way when I tried SRB2 first. but know, its on my list of pwnsome games.
shoot , I felt this way when I first played dot hack! now look at me!

you doubted Dot hack????!!!!

shame on thee!!!!

but anyway yea I know how you feel. basically the reason why I observe games on youtube to see gameplay or rent them for my own opinion.

IGN & Gamepro rate some games with more complants involivng a reference with coffie and hot sauce.

Play magezine is more accurate and rate it with truth.

yup I doubted dot hack, now I have a desktop identical to the original
Altimit OS. http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4960/fhdehwg0.png(the game is awesome.) but yeah.

the only way you should hate this game if

you didn't like the sonic advance or rush series (applies to the wii version)

you hated sa2 or sadx

you hate beat em ups

and the last reason (the unthinkable...) you hate sonic/sonikku

Sega is finally got it right. this game is the first few steps to awesomeness.
also sonic and the black knight doesn't look so bad... I mean they managed to pull Sonic Chronicles off didn't they?but I think sonic unleashed is the answer to *puts up flame shield* super mario galaxy.

crazy escape said:
you didn't like the sonic advance or rush series

This doesn't make sense. Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush had completely different gameplay. The former was great, the latter was poorly done. The whole Rush system killed that game, because it's like thokking in 2D mode.

Except Thokking is worse.
Sonic Rush had many hazards killing you if you over use the boost.
Also boost is fun,thokking is not. =P

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
crazy escape said:
you didn't like the sonic advance or rush series

This doesn't make sense. Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush had completely different gameplay. The former was great, the latter was poorly done. The whole Rush system killed that game, because it's like thokking in 2D mode.

okay I mean sonic advance 2 and the rush series. both had the trick system(however sonic advance 2 did not have boost) and in both you can break the sound barrier.

Lets face it boost isn't Thokking.
1. you cant do it out of the blue... you need control(learned that the hard way.)
2 I get what you are saying about boost, but it's cool sonic can finaly blow through the stage. it's a portable dash panel. it alows you to go as fast as you can go like in sonic 2 chemical plant zone(i think its the first use of dash panels). sonic rush and advance and unleashed are the closest things you can get to the old days with out buying a geneisis.

3 Sonic rush harkens back to the old days. you and i know the sonic rush series isn't just hold right and boost. *points to sky babalon and plant kingdom among others in SRA*(especially the hidden islands in SRA.)

sonic unleashed is sadx sa2b sonic rush/advance put together to make one cool game.

this is what I mean abut if you didnt like sonic rush/advance.

crazy escape said:
but it's cool sonic can finally blow through the stage.
That's the problem with sonic games now a-days! Blowing through stages with absolutley no platforming at all! The good all sonic 2 days... I play sonic rush and other new sonic games, and I find them entertaining, but they'll never be like the classics...

Exactly. Sonic Unleashed is like that on most day stages. I still found it fun though. The weresonic stages didn't kill the game (thank god...).

The Wii version is the most like Sonic Rush, the levels are baron because they're treated more like a race track, hense there being a countdown timer on each level and you have to finish the level quickly to get the best rank.

Most levels are just straights with nothing on them and the only exciting things are the drifting corners, some badguys, and then there's one spot in the level for something fun like grinding on rails down the clock tower, but its very much like a race track, you just hold up and then turn some corners to get to the end. The PS3/X360 version has the proper mix of platforming and speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back