Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaysakado said:
Blue Warrior said:
You don't have any idea how annoying that is.
if you dont like it, dont make walls of text

The majority of people who say walls of text are refering to posts with huge amounts of sentances with no paragraphs where there should be and it just looks like on huge block of text with no spaces, hense 'wall'.

The minority who call the kind of post Blue Warrior typed up a wall of text are just being lazy.

I just read what Kaysakado wrote to reply to BW's post.
And you know what I say?
Fail.
There was no intelligence or logic in him posting that and all I saw was a bunch of flame-baiting nonsense. IMO.

Blue Warrior said:
Though it should be noted that SRB2 wasn't intended for Werehog gameplay either. There's no pole climbing, no horizontally moving platforms, and most importantly, no combat system. So, porting off of them wouldn't work. Basing on them, might.

SonicMaster, out of curiosity, which level(s) did you play?

But you see, the poll swinging is already a bad gimmick that could be replaced with some generic platforming, or an Srb2 styled gimmick. And we don't need a combat system if we just place crawlas. But thats just my two cents, Its a pretty bad idea to port SU in general in my idea.

M.V.P said:
And you know what I say?
Fail.
There was no intelligence or logic in him posting that and all I saw was a bunch of flame-baiting nonsense. IMO.
I agree that it was nonsense, and agree that there wasn't any logic, but disagree with it failing, not having intelligence, and flame-baiting.

Whatever...it's still kinda spam...

Anyways, I tried Unleashed a couple days ago, and I'm kinda satisfied with what I've seen so far. The Werehog bit is a bit wonky at first, but once I got used to it, it wasn't as bad as people said it would. Day stages are just speed runs, and night stages are tests of speed, skill, and collecting rings. The level system was kinda interesting, but I'm thinking it's a good thing.

Anyways, I'm not done with it yet. Not by a long shot. I'll give you a full review of everything later.

undefined said:
M.V.P said:
And you know what I say?
Fail.
I agree that it was nonsense, and agree that there wasn't any logic, but disagree with it failing, not having intelligence, and flame-baiting.
Eh. Tell that to the judge.

Kaysakado said:
M.V.P said:
And you know what I say?
Fail.

Quit contradicting yourself. Logic and intelligence are basically synonymous. You told me not to post big walls of text, but your post height challenges that of Mount Rushmore's because of your insincerity to compress your post to something that could have otherwise been phenomenally smaller. It wasn't just annoying, but also hypocritical.

Autosaver said:
I skimmed the post. Looked like a spoiler to a level, so yeah.
^Direct quote from you :P

Hint there,you spoiled one of the last levels. D:

Eggman Land? I didn't even describe the level at all or anything in it. I just said "it's fun, it's hard".

Blue Warrior said:
Though it should be noted that SRB2 wasn't intended for Werehog gameplay either. There's no pole climbing, no horizontally moving platforms, and most importantly, no combat system. So, porting off of them wouldn't work. Basing on them, might.

SonicMaster, out of curiosity, which level(s) did you play?

I have no idea what it was called. It was just the PSN demo level.

It had quite a bit of stone, and there were areas with rail grinding over a death pit. Some 2D segments had me going at full speed and stopping me telling me to press Circle to roll under a stone opening. One gimmick had me press L1, Circle, L1. Certain parts had me hold forward (or right) for more than 30 seconds.

Great game!.......No really!
I just love the sense of speed, and the side scrolling parts, and even the werehog beat'um up gameplay.

oh ya and the voice actting is awsome much better than the old cast,even now I recently was playing sonic heroes.....and MY GOD the gameplay and the voice actting IS....IS.....just eeewwwww.

Blue Warrior said:
I'm guessing it's Apatos's Windmill Isle. That's the first stage in the game.

Also Apatos is the level with the most "holding right for 30 seconds" its more like a level to not make you do as much as the other levels so you can train to react to things better.

The Werehog game is the real meat of the game for sure, at least on the Wii version, but I think that if the encounters were a little less frequent they would have been very enjoyable, and I know that when I get around to using the GC controller they will be easier. (I like using the wiichuck to climb, but not throw punches)

I'm sorry Kays, I couldn't understand any of your post at all, what exactly did you disagree with in BW's review? Personally, I don't regret not having the 360/PS3 version because I know I'm not going to get a next-gen console until around the time this will be no more than $15 (like Sonic Next-gen is) and because Dimps went for quality over quantity in their levels. Some time, I would like to try both though... because I can't recommend one version over the other unless I've fully tried them both.

Blue Warrior said:
I'm guessing it's Apatos's Windmill Isle. That's the first stage in the game.

OK, but beginning levels should not absolutely suck eggs. Greenflower Zone Act 1 certainly doesn't, and neither do Palmtree Panic, Green Hill, Angel Island, or Emerald Hill. You see, demos are meant to impress, right? Well, it would be wiser not to put one of the worst stages of the game on the PlayStation Network demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back