Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I walked into Walmart with 50 bucks to buy Unleashed...

...and came out with Call of Duty: World at War. It looked more appealing.
Anyway, I'll probably buy Unleashed after Christmas.

Doomsday Zone music isn't bad, per se, but there are several others that are better. To break confusion, you're aware that Blue Warrior is an SRB2 fan who writes music and is not a song, but so is Zenkusa.

Doomsday was suitable for what it was, but agreed that its not the best of its kind. Besides that, all the music in Sonic Unleashed thus far is mouth-watering (except maybe Empire City, but that fits and I'm not going to have to deal with it on the Wii version anyways =P).

Still waiting for Gamespot's review, they are another strong critic of Sonic, but they don't seem to have been as vastly interested in Sonic as IGN this year. On the other hand, they were really expecting Sonic Chronicles to be the best Sonic game of recent days. IGN's review was very predictable, though unpredictably rated... but I'm not quite sure how Gamespot feels about everything as far as opinions because of the lack of previews.

I believe most reviewers are fans of rollercoaster gameplay, with the few complaints against it being the overused "plays-itself". To be honest, I feel that there is where Sonic has finally found his niche in 3d gaming, and while not expanding much on the 2d realm the way Mario's transition did, its become a little bit more unique and fun. I've said before I prefer Sonic in his own genre... but there are times when I'd like to play some normal platforming in a Sonic game. Fortunately for me, Werehog seems to satisfy me as far as official games go, and I can always make my own levels for SRB2.

I beat the game...finally!!!*Beat it 2 hours ago*
[spoiler:412a898cdd]
Sorry,chip isn't coming back.Also Chip is a nickname,Light gaia is his real name.Chip turns into a ghost and gets sealed in Earths core with Dark gaia.....the final boss is epic![/spoiler:412a898cdd]

Brown the dog said:
Autosaver said:
I beat the game...finally!!!*Beat it 2 hours ago*
Wait, you beat the game in 2 hours? Well, it's kinda short the game >.>

Hint:"Ago"

The game is like 4 days long.*Including school and me being a geek playing all day*

If you set yourself like a 2 hour a day thing...and you do other stuff besides gaming then your going to have more then a week fun with it.

Plus you can get medals,unlocking missions and various other parts of sonics/werehogs levels.

I also heard if you collect movies,some didn't make it into the game.

I just got it today.

The day stages are really fun. Sonic is fast like he should be, the environments are beautiful, the music fits the stages perfectly, and there are tons of multiple paths to make the game interesting. But you pretty much have to have quick reflexes, or you'll miss something.

Now, when the sun goes down, things change a bit. Music in visuals are still fine, but I find that the fun value has dropped. You are going around a part of the city accompanied with a camera that has a mind of its own, having to stop every now and again to beat up baddies. And you HAVE to kill these things. You're trapped in the area until they're all dead. The platforming gets annoying due to the aforementioned camera.

If the game was just daytime stages, I'd give it a 9/10. But, due to the lacking night stages, my final score is a 7/10. Good, but not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back