Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
mephiles576 said:
Ok heres the deal. The game is supposed to have free roaming in it somewhere. The way it sweves between 2D view and 3D view is the new "Hedgehog Engine". It is supposed to give the player a completely fresh sense of the game, not to mention the game is mostly about speed finally. (Skip the facts about story) Now, this game is not supposed to have anything to do with SatSR. It may look like it, but it doesn't.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/890/890787p1.html

See, I don't know where you're getting this information, but it's wrong. There's no apparent free roaming anywhere, and, like I said, the werewolf engine is very beat-em-up. Really not good.

Also,
the game is mostly about speed finally
Since when was a Sonic game mostly about speed?

Sonic Advance 2 and Sonic CD did have some focus on speed, but you could do more than just run, which really doesn't seem to be the case here.

10 minutes included with boost button. :-(

Well all the posts before,I thought it was all boost but no.
Some platforming going on.

They almost had it. They were so close. But they had to add the were hog form, they just had to. Changing the style of game play, making Sonic look like he's on steroids. They had a perfect chance but they added it.

DanteEX said:
They almost had it. They were so close. But they had to add the were hog form, they just had to. Changing the style of game play, making Sonic look like he's on steroids. They had a perfect chance but they added it.
It was bound to happen, cause Sega keep making new forms for Sonic, but, like Nintendo, Sega is trying something new everytime. (But they have been doing that very wrong lately.) I mean, Super Mario Galaxy wasn't really almost the same Super Mario game everyone used to play, like new Powerup Forms like Bee Mario, yet it was still fun and enjoyable. Im not saying that Werehog will be awesome, im just saying don't jump to conclusion so early, like what people did on Sonic 06 before it was released, saying that "OMG THIS GAME WILL ROCK, BECAUSE THE GRAPHICS ARE LIKE SO AWESOME, SO THE GAME WILL BE TOTAL WIN!!!!!". Like the guy said in the video I posted, It was a Alpha Build, so somethings will change in the Final version, like the framerate they said..

Right we now know sonic has a bit of free roaming, but it cant be that good considering how fast you will be going, and ware sonic is WAY to overpowered in my case

The loading screen is 20 seconds long! *gasp* Better not be in the final version. Thank goodness it was actually the Alpha build.

Were-Sonic loks fun.
Well I think of Were-Sonic as Hulk. :P

I also like those puzzles you do by collecting a trophy thing just like in SADX.

We only seen like 2-3/4 of the Were-Sonic level.
Things could changes also since this is only early development.
(I wonder how the wii will work. :/)

This game is going to be awsome (so far), but I don't know why people are saying Sonic Unleashed is stealing the Werewolf/Werehog thing from Twilight Princess, which both games are using the Werewolf ideas from stories of a Werewolf? Still, awsome game to come, if SEGA doesn't screw this up like they did in Sonic Next-Gen.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
Lol Were wolf sonic's shoes look like they got clowned

OMG YOU'RE RIGHT! RUN WERE HOG, BEFORE IT SPREADS!

*clears throat*

After watching that video, it seems a lot more free-roaming than I thought. And I DON'T mean with WereHog. It looks fun, but I don't have a wii, PS3, or 360, so the PS2 version is gonna suck >.>... Graphics wise anyway.

Honestly, I don't see why everybody's jumping all over were-hog... what I've seen of it looks quite promising. It didn't really look like a beat-em-up to me except that it doesn't use the usual Sonic attack system.

Regular Sonic appears to be an awful lot like Secret Rings, and Sonic Rivals 2 from what I've seen. Plenty of branching paths to reach areas but not *that* much exploration and the platforming is a second priority to speedrunning. I liked Secret Rings for the emphasis on speedrunning, if gave it sort of an 'arcade appeal' where I would come back and try to shave a few seconds to get a better time, and have a good time doing it. I didn't do the same for Mario, Zelda, and Metroid... all of which I believe are better games.

Though I also like the exploration and the depth, and if it were *perfect* this would be like running through the Sonic 3 levels in 3D/2D switching. I also like platforming and as I said, it seems to be second priority here. However we can see the other side of Sonic, which promises much more platforming with the stretchy arms and the combat system probably won't be too awful bad. (no crawla bouncing across hordes though, I loved doing the light attack/homing attack in the enemy rooms of SA's Final Egg no matter how pointless it felt)

Basically I like the premise, both the regular Sonic, and the werehog, however its not impossible, and perhaps not unlikely that Sonic Team is going to miss the mark somewhere that would make the game not live up to the gameplay promise (and I don't mean the hype promises of Sonic's comeback). Especially with the werehog because that is new, which is probably why everyone's concerned about it, and then there's the Wii version which is apparently being approached properly but there hasn't been any real footage to back that up... werehog has more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back