Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if your a fan of Mario kart and sega you will love this. As for lasting long... It has about 6 cups with 5 courses each so I would suppose so, but do you intend to go online? Also you get DLC for PS3 and 360 versions so... I suggest you rent first.

Last edited:
Jesus, do you ever post anything useful?

Anyways, is this game worth the purchase? Does it last long?

Jesus doesn't post on these message boards. Sorry!

The game is definitely worth the purchase. You'll be replaying those tracks over and over again! PLUS - This game has a 10 dollar difference then other games. Which I found was neat!

http://rianald.deviantart.com/journal/30826062/#comments
Person speaks about theft.

Edit: Mario Kart looks like it has more courses. But Mario Kart just reuses 16 courses from previous games. :/

Last edited:
The only courses out of all of them that I dislike are the Super Monkey Ball courses, because their designed like the stages from the game and they just don't work well at all.

I love the rest of them though.

I never really cared about online play; I don't usually play it and I prefer playing with people that I know in real life, so that's out of the question.
I've heard that there's a battle mode. Is that entertaining?
Are the characters balanced?

Jesus doesn't post on these message boards. Sorry!
I swear, you annoy people on purpose.

Kyasarin - I actually had a real statement there, but then I edited out...

Battle mode is terrible, no CPU characters whatsoever.
Characters are pretty balanced, though. Shadow is the best character in-game. Just watch out for him.

I don't care about playing against the AI.
This game is interesting, but I need a main selling point. Is there any big, interesting innovation, or is it simply a really great game all-around?

Battle mode is terrible
Eh, I dunno. The traditional deathmatch-type battle mode is alright, but most of the rest are simply terrible (King of the Hill in a fucking racing game? What were they thinking?) Also, the only Sonic-themed battle arena is easily the worst of the lot and is simply too cramped to do anything meaningful in, especially the game's trademark drifting magic.

Giving everyone infinite boxing gloves wasn't exactly the brightest of ideas either.

The only courses out of all of them that I dislike are the Super Monkey Ball courses, because their designed like the stages from the game and they just don't work well at all.
Protip: take your foot off the gas while you're drifting. Your turns become a LOT more responsive, and it's practically the only way to make the ridiculous U-turns in the third Monkey Ball stage.

You can quickly tap the gas button to get make a sharp turn AND accelerate.

Oh... people found a trick to bypass those sections. Woot. :p

Unlimited KO Gloves, and item boxes on the map.

The battle mode types are so boring that I had to quit when I was playing with someone. (Oh.. no online for battle! BOO) King of the Hill goes too slow..

Battle mode would be 10x better if there were CPU and online support. No CPU support? This isn't the PlayStation.

If you play with close friends, prepare to be disappointed! In local multiplayer, EVERYTHING in the background stops moving. Making everything seem dull and boring. Even the obstacles in the map are removed. Making the riskxreward without the risk.

No online stats either.

Well Auto, local multiplayer just can't handle two screens pumping out what could be handled totally fine on an X360 or PS3. Remember, they had to really stretch to make the game play fine on the Wii with minimal casualties. And most obstacles could be drifted into anyways :P. And AI programming is a tough thing to do as well.

The random matchmaking during online play is really lousy though. Why make it a lobby with NO time limits, and ONE guy, which never changes untill he leaves, do all the decision making on tracks and such?

You can still plug a keyboard in the Wii. Thus, able to be away from it. :)

But seriously.. no kick feature? Come on! (Wii version)

I bought it, ad basically beat everything in the two days I've had it. Playing with my friends is a huge blast, especially with our competitiveness and jackassery involved. I believe it to be Mario Kart without BS items and more fast-paced gameplay. So my opinion is high of it. The Monkey Ball stages, blow though because straight turns fail in racing games, and the fact that NiGHTS is just a ref is lame as well, but hey maybe a DLC update will fix that. Lastly, all Sonic maps are from Sonic Heroes, our favorite game, so that's always cool. Seriously though, I actually like the Sonic maps for the most part.

Cory The Hedgehog: The Monkey Ball stages don't "fail" just because you lack the skill of tackling corners. It's very easy if you hold the drift button and release the gas button.

I got this game today, and it's a huge blast. The track design is excellent, and I love the items and how fast-paced everything is. The Store adds a good amount of replay value.
My main character is Ulala, and Luminous always uses Opa-Opa.
I really like the music used in this game and I like the large amount of action going on. I like the little details with the characters and the scenery.
I've never gotten around to playing online, or doing any Missions, or Time Trials.

I have the game on the PS3, and my PSN is Jeyovanny, and I'm open for a race whenever.

So I renewed my Gold subscription on XBL to start playing my first races online... and to my great astonishment, even online races seem pathetically easy to me. The Expert level bots can at least put up a fight if you don't drift really tight corners and take every shortcut possible, but right from the word "go" I've found myself taking whole twenty second leads against damn near every human player I race, with the occasional 2nd place against some people who actually knew what they were doing. Mind you, this is coming from someone who can actually manage the ridiculous u-turns in the third Monkey Ball track to damn near perfection, but I still expected to get absolutely raped this early on.

My gamertag's Jean Eric0. I desperately need an ass-kicking, so I guess you could add me and hope you bump into me online if you feel you're up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back