Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason you can't find anyone to play, Blacklightning, is because all the "1337" gamers on XBL think that any game with Sonic in the name will automatically suck.

Try Metroid Prime Hunters if you want to get your ass kicked, everyone either spams the hell out of their alt-form, immediately starts sniping, or camps inside walls and uses an Action Replay.

The reason you can't find anyone to play, Blacklightning, is because all the "1337" gamers on XBL think that any game with Sonic in the name will automatically suck.

Way to miss the point and needlessly stereotype Xbox gamers.

That said, I'll gladly add you once I get the game. I was going to get it last week, but gave in to my Uncharted 2 urges and purchased that instead.

It was the right choice, but still.

Finished up another 4 races (won everyone of them by 15-30 seconds or so). In my last race I took the chance to get the Wonderboy Achievement (finish the race in first while driving backwards) and got it sadly beating everyone by 20 seconds regardless. Then I got kicked for probably the 50th time since I bought this game.....

The new "DLC" is complete crap by the way, 400 points for the "Master Unlock Key" which unlocks everything you would normally have to work for.

Way to miss the point and needlessly stereotype Xbox gamers.

That said, I'll gladly add you once I get the game. I was going to get it last week, but gave in to my Uncharted 2 urges and purchased that instead.

It was the right choice, but still.

Yup, he did miss it. :p

But really, so many good games came out this month.

Finished up another 4 races (won everyone of them by 15-30 seconds or so). In my last race I took the chance to get the Wonderboy Achievement (finish the race in first while driving backwards) and got it sadly beating everyone by 20 seconds regardless. Then I got kicked for probably the 50th time since I bought this game.....

The new "DLC" is complete crap by the way, 400 points for the "Master Unlock Key" which unlocks everything you would normally have to work for.

Which version of the game do you have?
I hope they get more characters or tracks as DLC.

I actually really love this game. My favorite driver is Big the Cat (don't laugh) and I recently figured out the Monkey Ball stages, so I solved that vendetta; now the Monkey Ball stages are my favorite stages. I have it on the Wii (for the moment), but I plan to get it on the PS3 when I have some money to spend.

I really like the fact that the items are so balanced. It makes you depend more on good driving than the lucky item appearance.

The stages are absolute fun and the graphics are beautiful, not to mention the songs picked by the devs are perfect.

It makes me sad that a lot of people sleep on this game because it bases its gameplay off of Mario Kart. In truth, the game stands on its own as a really fun arcade style racer with some really great (and some obscure) characters.

I'm pretty sure that the DLC will eventually be worth getting...characters and stages would definitely be welcome.

Most SEGA and Sonic Team titles get a severe price drop after the first few months anyway. If ya'll are still playing the game then, I might be more likely to afford the Wii game then. (And then again, maybe not... Sin and Punishment 2, Monster Hunter Tri, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M... I hate you Nintendo, go back to one game a year please! D=)

Finished up another 4 races (won everyone of them by 15-30 seconds or so). In my last race I took the chance to get the Wonderboy Achievement (finish the race in first while driving backwards) and got it sadly beating everyone by 20 seconds regardless.
Dahahahaha, that's exactly what I did last time I played in Shibuya Downtown. Hell, my little brother was watching at the time and he didn't know there was an achievement for it, and he pissed himself laughing at me being so damn cocky. Hell, I would rather have gone one step further and walked over the finish line ala Nuts & Bolts. XD

I'd just be glad they don't plan to stop there - that was "the boring pack" by SOL's own admission. It's funny how it popped up so soon after I just unlocked everything in the game.

I actually really love this game. My favorite driver is Big the Cat (don't laugh) and I recently figured out the Monkey Ball stages, so I solved that vendetta; now the Monkey Ball stages are my favorite stages.
Yay, another Monkey Ball track fan! Just a quick question, is there a trick or strategy to using Big at all? I've been meaning to humiliate people with him myself, but beyond the starting line boost it usually backfires on me.

Sumo/Sega is greedy for sales...

Pay REAL money to unlock something in game? Anyone who does this.. I feel sorry for them.

Autosaver: How is it being greedy for sales when people are probably going to do it themselves, and they've admitted that?
Blacklighting: I actually really liked the Monkey Ball stages, as well. I generally really liked drifting, which is probably why.

I hated the Monkey ball stages at first. There were a lot of turns I couldn't see which made me frustrated. After I learned them a bit they were pretty fun.

As for DLC though: I want Silver the Hedgehog driving a Wooden Box with his Phycokinetic powers.

Autosaver: How is it being greedy for sales when people are probably going to do it themselves, and they've admitted that?
Blacklighting: I actually really liked the Monkey Ball stages, as well. I generally really liked drifting, which is probably why.

I find it awful that they are trying to make you pay for a save file. :/

My gamertag's Jean Eric0. I desperately need an ass-kicking, so I guess you could add me and hope you bump into me online if you feel you're up to it.

I saw you. I swear to God I see you in 5th and suddenly when we get the race results you end up in 2nd somehow. :/

To you people whining over the 'DLC' that's obviously not for you:

[22:48] <@Inuyasha> [22:47] <MrMystery> also yay, give up $5 to sega and they'll unlock everything in ASR FOR YOU via "DLC" <- you realize this is actually a GOOD idea?
[22:48] <MrMystery> it is not
[22:48] <@Inuyasha> yes, it is
[22:48] <akirahedgehog> really MrMystery?
[22:48] <akirahedgehog> that's not a bad idea
[22:48] <MrMystery> it's a laughing stock
[22:48] <@Inuyasha> Believe it or not, not everyone has the time to go unlock everything
[22:48] <akirahedgehog> exactly
[22:48] <Kaysakado> And yet they have the money?
[22:48] <akirahedgehog> it gives those people an option
[22:48] <MrMystery> don't try to apologize for this, please do no insult my intelligence
[22:48] <@Inuyasha> Exactly
[22:49] <@Inuyasha> I don't see why you people complain about it, that DLC isn't designed with you in mind
[22:49] <Digiku> Agreed with Inu
[22:49] <MrMystery> no it's designed for idiots who sega can con $5 out of.
[22:49] <@Inuyasha> Again, MrMystery
[22:49] <Digiku> What's $5, anyway?
[22:49] <@Inuyasha> not everyone has the time/will to unlock everything

In short, this 'DLC' is designed for the people who only play casually, and would probably never unlock everything normally. This way they can enjoy everything without spending countless hours playing the game like us not-so-casual folk.

The fault in this is that those who play casually most likely don't give a shit about the characters or tracks. Hell, even the unlocks that appeal to casual gamers (the more popular characters such as Knuckles) only take about 10 minutes of play to unlock.

It's just a way to make a buck, and it has been done before with Skate 2.

I saw you. I swear to God I see you in 5th and suddenly when we get the race results you end up in 2nd somehow. :\
Oh, that was you was it? I knew I recognised that name somewhere. Yeah, my net was acting crazy around that point, and it outright freaked out and booted me out of XBL not long after. Probably during the very same race. I've been hearing a lot of talk that my vehicle's position keeps jumping back and forth (at least once during my online play I found someone who lost to me and thought they'd been leading all along), but I've come to expect wierd laggy shit from our crappy aussie connections. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back