Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should clarify my position - it's less of "It's Sonic, I don't want to play it" and more of "I haven't been in tune with video games for a while in general".

Does anybody want to have a race on the xbox? I have actually broke a record for it! 42 seconds for Seaside Hill.

42 seconds? The records are 38 seconds down...

Oh, Glaber. The DS version?
I didn't really like the way it turned out. 4 racers multiplay? 6 normal? Where the hell are the missing shortcuts? And how come springs are messed up?

They don't support you now, they KILL you.

Been playing the Wii version for two days already. It's actually amazing how the Wiimote as a wheel feels much easier and more responsive than Mario Kart Wii. I may have to boot up MKWii again to see if it's just me, though.

The only disappointment in Online Mode is how the lobby was made old-school. As a joiner, you simply switch characters and then wait for the Hoster to start the game, once everybody's ready. This means that either a random joiner or the Hoster himself could be AFK. You have to either wait, or leave and find another 'server'.

The Hoster is also the only one in charge of the level you play in, the bot's level in challenge, and lap numbers. I still wonder why in the world they didn't learn from Nintendo Wifi's launch titles, and let Laps stay in 3 and levels in a random pick.

Still, I actually enjoy the game rather well. It's certainly way faster than Mario Kart, yet you are able to avoid most obstacles in the track. The items themselves are uninspired, like everyone says. The kart balance seems to be a bit off, though. Amy being faster than Sonic? That's pretty funny.

Music is reused, as expected from SEGA. You can buy new reused songs from the store (Palmtree Panic for example), but I haven't bothered yet. I'm guessing that once a song is bought, it's played randomly when the level starts, similar to Super Smash Bros. But getting to hear the same song for one series got me highly interested in the music that was used for Super Monkey Ball, Billy Hatcher, and Samba De Amigo.

The stupid race announcer was added in, just like in Sonic Riders. You can turn him on, but then you won't hear a single thing during the starting countdown. Turn him back on, and you get to hear him talk about Big and the Frogginator.

I don't think the Wii version will have DLC. on the case it had the blue nintendo wifi logo on it, not the orange one.

The wii version won't get DLC. It would take ages for it to get it, and even so, loading the new tracks/characters will take a long time.

There IS a rumor, however, that Vectorman and/or Ristar will be playable next DLC...

I have the PS3 version, it's pretty good for a Mario kart ripoff. I even found the best Seaside Hill shortcut ever... I also raced someone who was so fast that aside from him only I was able to finish the race...

The wii version won't get DLC. It would take ages for it to get it, and even so, loading the new tracks/characters will take a long time.

There IS a rumor, however, that Vectorman and/or Ristar will be playable next DLC...

They should have a character or two from phantasy star in here as well.

I think Toejam and earl(whoever the heck they are) as well as Ryo(forklift) are the only comfirmed as of yet... But I can't say I'm sure about Toejam and earl... I wonder If other characters all-star moves can be playable DLC as well...

That photoshop? LOL
The real rumor is that a Phantasy Star character is supposed to come out.

CZ, I actually thought the Wii wheel was more responsive on Mario Kart. Sometimes the game would think when I do a sharp drift it would do the other direction.

Framerate issues are disgusting to.

Other sites have other resources other than that photoshopped picture.

I think Phantasy Star would be a bad idea. The main reason the original cast is in this game is because they all have different personalities, where as something like a HUmar is just a...character.

Now, if they grabbed a story mode character from Phantasy Star Universe, or the Genesis titles, it would probably be a different story.

I think Toejam and earl(whoever the heck they are) as well as Ryo(forklift) are the only comfirmed as of yet... But I can't say I'm sure about Toejam and earl... I wonder If other characters all-star moves can be playable DLC as well...
Toejam and Earl, confirmed? What? Not sure where you got that from, but SoL personally debunked any chance of Tj&E representation happening even in DLC. He also ruled out Bayonetta on the grounds of... ahem, explicit content, which is a shame because I wanted to see her riding a hair car. Or maybe the FU-powered motorbike from the highway level. Or alternate between them in Allstar ala Ryo. Whatever, some Bayonetta representation would've been kickass.

Other sites have other resources other than that photoshopped picture.

I think Phantasy Star would be a bad idea. The main reason the original cast is in this game is because they all have different personalities, where as something like a HUmar is just a...character.

Now, if they grabbed a story mode character from Phantasy Star Universe, or the Genesis titles, it would probably be a different story.

Citation needed. Please post "these sites" that say Vectorman is going to be in. Or at least hint it.

Yes, SOL debunked the fact because they said it was planned AT FIRST. So the files aren't any proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back