Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonnarkku said:
@Fyrus: If they had him slowed down, fans would go crazy with complains (like in Sonic the Hedgehog 2006).

@Slurgly: As I told before, this is not the first time Sonic is in a car-like thing, it's the seventh time he does:

1. Sonic Drift
2. Sonic Drift 2
3. Sonic Adventure
4. Sonic Adventure 2
5. Sonic Riders
6. Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
7. This.

If you really want to be thorough, you can include Rivals 1 and 2 into it, but it's just on-foot racing.

TrueTenguMan said:
Sonnarku said:
Sonic Riders had 14 levels, not 5. WOOT.
Math is wrong. In total, it was seven. Six in which were the SAME STAGE, but with different designs. One stage being the babylon genie's realm which was number seven that had no double.

It's SA2 again people.

EDIT: Forgot the boss track to the babylon realm.

Oops, I was meant to say 16 (I had forgotten about SEGA Carnival, so then that for you would be 8 stages.

I say sonic sticks to an air board because I think there are enough kart racing games out there, seriously whay is kart racing so popular?

I agree that about the loading problems being like Sonic 06. But what's with Sega Nerds saying that it's just like Sonic Unleashed? That one was about 10 seconds.

For this game, I'll just wait for the demo to be up in Xbox Live, and if I like it, wait until it's been thrown away months later so that I can buy it cheap from someone.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
I agree that about the loading problems being like Sonic 06. But what's with Sega Nerds saying that it's just like Sonic Unleashed? That one was about 10 seconds.

Well, actually loading certain stages in Sonic Unleashed (Not capitals and entrace stages) took the EXACT same time it did in Sonic the Hedgehog, the problem in Sonic the Hedgehog with loding screens was the amount of loading screens there are instead of the time they take, or at least that is what I can say for the PS3 version of both games.

I've been looking forward to this game for awhile now, and I probably would like it. (Noting the fact that I like any Sonic game, regardless of how fun it is or not.) :P

Last edited:
sonic and sega all stars racing

What do you guys think about the new racing game? Who will be in the game? Chat about any of the game here.

Last edited:
I love this game; like a lot (played the Demo for about 3 hours which is sad since there's only one track and two characters [the only one I've played as is Sonic] and the demo is still fun).

Sonic's Turbo Boost > Everything, by the way.

Ugh, forgot that it's for Gold members only. I have to wait a week for the demo to be available for Silver members, which might be this Monday. I really want to play this game, to see if it's really about as good as Mario Kart. Having reviews everywhere giving it an 8/10 is pretty damn good to hear.

Demo has been out!
Very smooth! Loading times have been cut!

First review for the Wii version
8.0/10

DS Version
6/10

I played the Xbox 360 demo days ago, and it did felt like an 8/10. Today, I played the DS version. Yeah, it feels like what you'd expect Sonic Unleashed Wii/PS2 to be, when compared to the 360/PS3 versions. Simple engine and levels, like it was an afterthought. And the drifting feels all wrong, since you can turn back to the direction you were going, and it will return to normal. I only use it if I feel like getting a boost or for actual 90-degree turns.

Characters tend to say recycled voices, which I didn't mind much. But then I chose Shadow and I heard him say, "Who are you? And how do you know my name?" Seriously? It's like they're TRYING to make fans go 'wtf' on purpose.

Well, I should be getting the Wii version soon enough. We'll see just how different it is from the 360 version. Hopefully it'll be just graphics.

I actually have the full game and I must say its really fun, even for a mario kart ripoff. Every track brings back some great memories, especially the JSRF tracks( it was my first game ever). I also love playing as my avatar on the 360 version. I do have a few problems though. How come they removed all-star moves online, and if you're joining a game that is already playing you should atleast be able to actually see the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back