• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Robo Blast Adventure-DELAYED FOR A WHILE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er, where? Anyways, when it comes to that sprite you made, the way the quills are tilted makes it look like he is jumping at a weird angle.

I'm rather intriqued on how you plan on doing falling crates, and crates that have to be shot to be busted. Even if you do it using things, the only way you could get crates that can be busted by hitting them, but don't damage the players would require you to sacrifice one monitor.

I think there could be a Soc, So when your spinning in place, you can Shoot a bullet, once... :eek:
and maybe somehow break the monitor, if possible..

Hey Dark Mystic in Town Stages is there people and can you talk to them?
And the rules still apply on those things so you might want to say that you have to play it offline. :?

Ashura The Hedgehog said:
Hey Dark Mystic in Town Stages is there people and can you talk to them?
And the rules still apply on those things so you might want to say that you have to play it offline. :?

This Adventure Game takes place on Mobius (because in my opinion, the ONLY thing they messed up on in the SA Series is putting Sonic and friends on Earth)...so I might make creatures from Mobius to talk to.

Ok, what I originally was planning was to put all of the Stories in one...but I think I might need a new EXE for that, and I don't know how to do that (unless Draykon is able to SOC something like that). So if I can't find someone that can, I might put the stories on seperate wad files.

Actually, I have considered how to do seperate stories, but there has to be one level where everyone starts out. Basically, just use custom exits that exist only for individual characters on that one level. Have each custom exit lead to to a different level.

Yeah, but what about what happens during each story. In SADX, everyone had a different way of getting somewhere. How would I get "Sonic vs. Shadow" instead of "Everyone vs. Shadow"

Ok lemme explain.

Step 1. Decide on an intro level, and adventure field is good.

Step 2. Add a custom exit that exists for only Sonic, make it lead to a Sonic level, make that level lead to another Sonic level, then maybe a Sonic boss.

Step 3. Do the same for Knuckles, Tails and anyone else

Draykon said:
Ok lemme explain.

Step 2. Add a custom exit that exists for only Sonic, make it lead to a Sonic level, make that level lead to another Sonic level, then maybe a Sonic boss.

An idea I have that I have never told anyone is that every level that has a level after it that isn't in every story should also have a custom exit. For example, if the level after the "story warp" had a player specific level, and the level after that one wasn't player specific, but the next one after that was, the non-specific level would have custom exits. A better example would be a early version of SRB2TBE that could have easily put a mod on the Custom Exit in RRZ2 that would send a player who didn't have all the emeralds (a requirement to get to RRZ1) back to SSZ, the Zone before RRZ, if they didn't have all the emeralds. Cheap, but effective on less explorative people when combine with weirdly set up out-of-order map numbers. (as in, for example, pretend GFZ1 is MAP01, and GFZ2 is MAPAK, and GFZ3 is MAP72)

Draykon said:
Ok lemme explain.

I think I understand this...I can make each character go to the same levels, but for different reasons in their respective stories....and I will give them a custom exit to contiue their own story...but what I am wondring is...can I make different start points for each character? I want to make their levels slightly different or a lot different (because a Shadow level won't be fit for Tails Silver for example)?

And out of boredom, I decided to make a terrible recolor...Shadow. It has Sonic's shoes and Sonic's gloves because I am not done yet...but, here it is:

I don't think you understand at all, so here's what I have to say:

Create Sonic's storyline
Create Tails' storyline using different levels and level slots,
Create Knux's storline using different levels and level slots,
Repeat for everyone else in the mod
Create the first adveture field, place custom exits that only appear for seperate characters, have Sonic's lead to Sonic's first level, Tails' lead to Tails' first level, Knux's lead to Knux's first level, ect.

On a more light note, I recently learned how to make custom monitors, which can be applied to make thing based crates. I'll PM you with the SOC once I have it done if you want.

Ahhh...I understand now. I didn't know I can make exits appear for one type of character...and sure, I would like you to PM me the SOC.

Is there a way to make it to where when Sonic jumps, he is not in a ball until the top of his jump (the way I am thinking of this is when you press the jump button, he uses his falling up frames and when he goes down, he curls up into a ball)? I would also like to give Sonic homing to where after you home someone, you come out of your ball until you home again...like in the Adventure games...(Sonic homes and comes out of the ball after he hits an enemy--the falling down frames--and when you home again, he goes back into a ball).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back