• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Robo Blast Adventure-DELAYED FOR A WHILE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Mystic

I now have my Sonic. It is not a complete recolor of Sonic. For you who don't know, I am kind of "altering" the poses of every character for my Sonic Robo Blast Adventure MOD.

Here is an animation of my Sonic Running:

Here are the sprites so you can see he does not run like he does in regular SRB2:

How is it?

EDIT: Crap. I kinda messed up on the last sprite by not flipping the mouth...oh well. I shall fix it.

EDIT: Here is for those who don't feel like referring back to my locked other topic:

...I am thinking of making an ORIGINAL Adventure game with SRB2. It will include the following:

1.) 5 Adenture Fields
2.) Approx. 6 Action Stages in each field
3.) All 7 Chaos Emeralds (Duh)
4.) And all sorts of stuff like secrets.

If you get all 7 Emeralds,you unlock the final Adventure Field-Death Egg...oh, here are the fields:

1.) Mobius Valley
2.) Flying Fortress
3.) Master Shrine
4.) Sky City
5.) Robotropolis
6.) Death Egg (only available when all emeralds are collected in story mode)

If you get all 7 emeralds in story mode, you unlock the ability to play as Super Sonic in the Action Stages through Stage Select...NOT STORY MODE! You only play as Super Sonic in the final level of the Death Egg Adventure Field. I am just stating this as an idea and I will take any advise about what I should do to make this a great idea and fun to play.

So give me ideas on this please...Thank you.

My reverse running frame? I don't remember mentioning a reverse running frame...

/me goes back to look at locked other topic

KingofFlames said:
That's a nice running frame edit.

Yes it is... But some things just dont seem right...

run2ac5.png

This sprite...
run3xy8.png

goes to this sprite somehow

Its strange how the second sprite (I posted) has a trailing effect from somewhere aroundthe head... when it should be a trailing effect coming somewhere around the lower half of the body or something...

KingofFlames said:
That's a nice running frame edit.

Thanks KingofFlames. I am wondering about jumping frames...is it possible to have Sonic NOT curl up into a ball before he does...like in SA2B or Sonic Heroes?

Yeah, that one. Its kinda pixely, though. Maybe you can ask permission from the maker of that wad to edit it, and make it less pixely. Thats a lot easier then to make a whole new SA-SRB2 Sonic.

lol, SA

He's actually working on a mod. Not just the sonic thing. But yeah maybe he could get permission to use the existing SADX sonic. Then it'd be pretty cool.

I spoke about that to Dark Mystic, he said he wanted to do this project from scratch and everthing in this MOD would be original. So its very unlikely that he will use the SADX-Sonic.wad.

RgxSuperSonic said:
I spoke about that to Dark Mystic, he said he wanted to do this project from scratch and everthing in this MOD would be original. So its very unlikely that he will use the SADX-Sonic.wad.

RgxSuperSonic has it right.

Also, about the Town stages/Adventure fields, will it be simallar like Mystic Realm's warp area? What i mean to say is, when you are in an Adventure Field, you can acess levels in the town.

It will be like Sonic Adventure 1 where when you are in an adventure field, you can gain access to Action Stages...

example:
Think of that H&S (Hide and Seek) level. You can gain access to either:
1.) The City
2.) The Valley
3.) The Forest. It will have that but it won't have strange colored things on the ground that make you go to the level.

EDIT:
I got the "new" running frames.

Single Sprites:

Is this any better?

Are you going to make 3 maps that use custom exit sectors to get to the maps? or are you going to be including it all in 1 big map, but with 3 separate areas (Separated by a Thok barrier), that you can get to with teleporters?

EDIT: Those sprites Do look alot better now...

Ok. Say you are in Robotropolis Adventure Field...

You want to go to an Action Stage (duh), you go to the entrance to the stage and when you go into it, it will say at the top "<your character's name> HAS FINISHED THE LEVEL. You will then be teleported to the Action Stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back