Resource icon

Sonic Kart VR Mod 1.6.2

Hi chreas do you plan an update to the 1.5 version of the game? I had so much fun in VR that it’s hard to go back to flatscreen 😁

chreas updated Sonic Kart VR Mod with a new update entry:

Updated for Kart 1.6

I ported the VR code from the original which was based off of moe mansion and stuck it into the latest srb2kart 1.6 master. Feel free to use the openvr branch to add VR to your own custom builds.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I played the mod several revisions ago on Nvidia hardware and loved it! But attempting to run the current version again and running into issues.

When attempting to run the program under Windows, encountered the following error on 1.6.1. When enabling -openvr flag or in VR options menu. No error with pancake modes.
Copied from the log,

VR Compositor obtained successfully VR Compositor recommended width: 2016, height: 2240 I_Error(): Hardware driver: Error compiling vertex shader 0 ERROR: 0:2: '' : syntax error, unexpected IDENTIFIER, expecting LEFT_BRACE or COMMA or SEMICOLON ERROR: 1 compilation errors. No code generated.

This is with using Windows 10 22H2 on an AMD 6900XT, latest drivers. Replicated under a new install of Windows 11, latest drivers, and Steam/VR on a spare drive. Exact same error.

Also when attempting to run the VR1.6 binary under Linux, get the following issues when using a compiled version of the base game, not flatpack/snap.
Terminal Output,

./srb2kart: error while loading shared libraries: ../libs/openvr/libopenvr_api.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Linux edition is using the same hardware, fresh install of Kubuntu 22.10 with latest fixes. Compiled the base game using an assistance script I found, but runs fine with the standard binary that was compiled. Played for a whole evening on server with complex modlist and many folks. No crashes on my end with the standard binary.
Run into the dependency issue when attempting to execute the VR binary, and I may just be a dumb dumb on the Linux portion. But couldn't find references to libraries being placed in such a folder except within the build folders for the script compiled supporting files. Manually had added it as best I could find, even trying to register it within the system where it seemed to be looking for it, and several other standard library locations. But I am not familiar with the heavier side of Linux and how the library dependencies or compiling is handled.

Again, love the work you've done and been happy to use it in the past. Just any help would be appreciated! :)
If you need any more information, let me know.

I played the mod several revisions ago on Nvidia hardware and loved it! But attempting to run the current version again and running into issues.

When attempting to run the program under Windows, encountered the following error on 1.6.1. When enabling -openvr flag or in VR options menu. No error with pancake modes.
Copied from the log,

VR Compositor obtained successfully VR Compositor recommended width: 2016, height: 2240 I_Error(): Hardware driver: Error compiling vertex shader 0 ERROR: 0:2: '' : syntax error, unexpected IDENTIFIER, expecting LEFT_BRACE or COMMA or SEMICOLON ERROR: 1 compilation errors. No code generated.

This is with using Windows 10 22H2 on an AMD 6900XT, latest drivers. Replicated under a new install of Windows 11, latest drivers, and Steam/VR on a spare drive. Exact same error.

Also when attempting to run the VR1.6 binary under Linux, get the following issues when using a compiled version of the base game, not flatpack/snap.
Terminal Output,

./srb2kart: error while loading shared libraries: ../libs/openvr/libopenvr_api.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Linux edition is using the same hardware, fresh install of Kubuntu 22.10 with latest fixes. Compiled the base game using an assistance script I found, but runs fine with the standard binary that was compiled. Played for a whole evening on server with complex modlist and many folks. No crashes on my end with the standard binary.
Run into the dependency issue when attempting to execute the VR binary, and I may just be a dumb dumb on the Linux portion. But couldn't find references to libraries being placed in such a folder except within the build folders for the script compiled supporting files. Manually had added it as best I could find, even trying to register it within the system where it seemed to be looking for it, and several other standard library locations. But I am not familiar with the heavier side of Linux and how the library dependencies or compiling is handled.

Again, love the work you've done and been happy to use it in the past. Just any help would be appreciated! :)
If you need any more information, let me know.
for the linux issue, i dont know how to compile it to search for the openvr lib in one of the official locations. what its asking you to do is the following:

if srb2kart is in "/home/games/srb2kart"
then it's looking for
"/home/games/libs/openvr/libopenvr_api.so"

for the windows shader issue. i'll post the VR shader that i think it's mad about. I'm not sure why it compiles for nvidia users and not AMD. I could compile a version that would read the shader from a text file for debugging purposes instead of it being hardcoded in.

Code:
uniform mat4x4 vrEyeMatrix;
uniform mat4x4 vrEyeProjection;
uniform mat4x4 vrHeadPoseMatrix;
void main()
{
    gl_Position = vrEyeProjection * vrEyeMatrix * vrHeadPoseMatrix * gl_ModelViewMatrix * gl_Vertex;
    gl_FrontColor = gl_Color;
    gl_TexCoord[0].xy = gl_MultiTexCoord0.xy;
    gl_ClipVertex = vrEyeMatrix * vrHeadPoseMatrix * gl_ModelViewMatrix * gl_Vertex;
}

the error says its mad about the first line right away, maybe amd doesnt like the mat4x4 type and wants mat4 instead? i don't have an amd card to test with

Thank you!
I was just trying it out for awhile and it worked just as I remembered!

I only tried Windows tonight, but played local and on servers for a long while with plenty of mods loaded in, no serious hiccups or troublesome issues.
It actually seems to run a bit better due to the VR pipeline, but that just might be my own perceptions.

Thanks again for the previous response, in Linux I had tried the library location change as your directed and it did get past that error. But continued to another error about a PNG library that was already installed to the system, so not sure why it would have bugged about that, and didn't get back around to checking further.
I'll most likely see about Linux tomorrow for the newest version.

If there's anything you would like me to test for I can check into it as well.

This used to work, but completely just refuses to boot now. I think its some memory leak I'm having? Probably something to do with either steamVR or the shitty ass oculus app with barely functioning drivers. I'll try and get some error messages later but they usually disappear before I can read them.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back