sonic heroes's glitchy camera and glitches on ps2, etc;

Status
Not open for further replies.
the ps2 version i have is giving out. the xbox 360 is too powerful and the ps2 system is kinda too weak. that's 1 reason why i should get a gamecube. i'm not getting sonic heroes again. only sa2 battle and sa-dx.

they never had it for 360. the special stages were probably designed to be glitchy. the stages #s 3-7 were more glitchy. getting a ranks are sometimes easy.

edit:i don't have an xbox or gcn.

edit2: i mostly like to play with only 1 character on sonic games, not like
on sonic heroes.

Sonic Heroes' special stages were about as hard as a California Roll. You want hard? Go try to beat Sonic Rush's 7th Special Stage. That damn thing took me about 40 or so tries (no kidding!) to get right. Overkill, if you ask me x_x;

Agreed; you should NEVER have to memorise a special stage.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Sonic Heroes' special stages were about as hard as a California Roll. You want hard? Go try to beat Sonic Rush's 7th Special Stage. That damn thing took me about 40 or so tries (no kidding!) to get right. Overkill, if you ask me x_x;
Wow, you suck. It took me like three.
It took me about 10 tries to get the 6th special stage, though.

It took me 5, but it's still hard. You really have to be careful in the minefield areas.

Getting back on topic...

I have the GameCube version here. Framerate is perfect, and the pixel-shader effects for the water and other fluids work nicely. Only problem is in the special stage, where it slows down when lots of mines explode. Also, 2P mode runs at a constant reduced framerate, most definately because of the second camera view.

About the movement: I have never seen my character move abnormally through a loop or a conveyor. The movement is still pretty bad (Which is the fault of the core engine), but you'll be happy to know that you can't get killed because you go flying through an object or the camera messes up.

If there's one thing I dislike about the camera, it's that when you use L and R or the C stick to rotate the camera, it zooms in so that you can't see as much, and you have to move your characters around for, like, 20 seconds without moving the camera before it finally zooms out again. However, I've never noticed the camera reversing on me. Never.

if you set the disk speed to fast on ps2, it makes it even more glitchy.

the sonic games i like are:

1.sonic 3

2.sonic and knuckles

3.sa2 battle
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: sonic heroes isn't rated |players choice|

edit2: the grinding on this game isn't intense enough! i read that the framerate of this game is 30 fps.

edit: sonic heroes isn't rated |players choice|

edit2: the grinding on this game isn't intense enough! i read that the framerate of this game is 30 fps.

False and false. I agree about the grinding not being fast enough as you can't really go too fast unless you continuously tap B, but meh. Sonic Heroes IS rated Player's Choice and it DOES run at 60 FPS, unless you're in 2P split-screen, which is when the game runs at 30.

I WAS COMPARING THEM. The only way to get by the glitchy engine on the special stages in Ps2 sonic heroes is to use power formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back