SONIC ADVANCE 3! No Hoax!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that that would be hard to on a GBA, as it doesn't have Mode 7 built on to it's hardware, and otherwise, it would still require more than the GBA can push.

Uh, GBA is a ton more powerful than the Sega Genesis. It has Mode 7 built in, like the SNES, as well as a lot of the things that required cartridge enchancement back in the SNES days (Star Fox could run on GBA without a Super FX chip)

The thing about the Special Stages is that they need to have variety. The whole point is that they're different every game. I'm personally rooting for something along the lines of Sonic 1. A little homage would be great.

SRB2, you're quite ignorant on cartridge size. Remember, time has passed. A LOT of time. Henceforth, cartridges are a ton better than the old days.

Sonic 1 is on a 512 KB cartridge. Sonic Advance 1 is on a 8192 KB cartridge. I don't pay attention to ROMs, but I'm sure there are 16 MB and 32 MB cartridges for GBA. They have a TON more room than in the old days. Hence the prevalence of voice samples in GBA games. Hell, I have a GBA game with a FMV logo and one song with vocals. Sure, it's not an MP3, and is low quality, but it is a real song on GBA.

The GBA is superior to the SNES and Genesis in pretty much every area except the sound chip. Everywhere else, the GBA excels.

So no, GBA would have no trouble pulling off the Sonic 3 trick. Wouldn't even break a sweat. In fact, if they did redo it, they'd probably do a much better job with the GBA hardware.

As right as you are, Mystic, Sonic Team would probably NEVER
even consider putting S3&K Special Stages into a GBA Game. the closest thing we got is Sonic Advance 2's special stage.

SA2 Special Stages are really easy... You only have to get rings without stopping :P I passed them with 250% of velocity XD

About SA3, it looks like Chaotix for me... Choosable worlds, you can pick your character, you cannot switch between the two characters, etc etc... Even arms and bodies are made apart. Only those stupid imaginary rings are lost, worst thing of Chaotix :P

I would prefer an engine like Heroes one in 2D... At least with two characters, but not something like Chaotix, it was really boring for me :?

Uh, Sonic Advance 2, duh. Sonic Adventure doesn't have special stages, and never did.

Err...wait...

Yeah, there are special stages, you can get them by getting Luigi in Mario 64 and taking him using a hacked save slot into SA2. Then watch the voice acting go really bad 64 times and jump into the ceiling....

Amazing Mystic. Quite amazing. I'm having problems with step 2 though. Could you send some Screenshots? :mrgreen:

Ok, it's because SA is Sonic Adventure. When they said SA2, I thought they meant Sonic Adventure 2, My mistake. : P
(For me, Sonic Advance is SAdv.)

Mystic said:
Yeah, there are special stages, you can get them by getting Luigi in Mario 64 and taking him using a hacked save slot into SA2. Then watch the voice acting go really bad 64 times and jump into the ceiling....

...to find the lost episode of Futurama, "Mystic annoys Bender!!" ! Then say "Bite my shiny metal @$$" 64 times and use an X-box/PS2 to hack Bender into SA2/B! Then go into Biolizard/Finalhazard's mouth and take him using a NES into Heroes!! Then tickle Metal Overlord with Team Blast (read: Hit him) 64 times to find...

...watch Barney 64 times then tell the forum that you hugged Barney so that you can get mocked. And use the power of mockery to be in SA2 and kill Sonic to vote...

tails_for_gov.jpg

Omega: PWNED!!!!

...Unlock the "Save Family Guy mode" which should be self-explanatory. Then drink all forms of Chaos with a straw (including 3 and 5, even if they didn't appear) to unlock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back