• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Advance 2 Sonic Character (3D and Not a recolor)Beta5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonow Hakura said:
No, its how you say it. If you are acting like a total ass towards me then most likely, I won't pay attention. But if you use common sense and maturity, then you can get my attention. In other words, stop being so dang negative and maybe I'll consider even wasting my time reading your posts.
Is it just me, or do those two statements contradict eachother?

Sonow Hakura said:
No, its how you say it. If you are acting like a total ass towards me then most likely, I won't pay attention. But if you use common sense and maturity, then you can get my attention. In other words, stop being so dang negative and maybe I'll consider even wasting my time reading your posts.

I fail to see how I was "being a total ass towards you". I made my point, you contradicted, I refuted. If by "being a total ass" you mean I wasn't nice and sweet and kind, damn right. I shouldn't have to be for you to read logical posts. That's a mistake on your end, not mine. I'd also like to point out some things you said that might fall under that same category.

Sonow Hakura said:
OK, just ignore the negativity of DW and I'll Begin. If they want to mistake negative annoyance for maturity, then I say let them.

Sonow Hakura said:
As I said before, forget those who shall look for all the negative points in this wad. Most of the people who are criticizing this are always criticizing someones work and usually have nothing good to say. I think you (Metal) aren't really going to find anything worth your time in their posts. And stop calling your posts "criticism" because it's not.

As far as "maturity" goes, I believe we were very much that in our presentation and posts. There's a difference between "maturity" and "gentle, sweet, and kind". Notice how we never said to ignore your comments.

I'll also note that you were very, very wrong in saying we weren't being helpful. We pointed out that this wad by its very nature is flawed, and should be dumped for something far more creative and original. Constructive criticism isn't always based on how to improve something. It can be to tell someone they need to do something else. You seem to mistake that for being an insult towards the designer. Or, you take it as nothing but "this sucks." Which isn't what we did at all. We pointed out the issue with this wad.

I would like to ask you to acknowledge, or at least consider, that you completely overreacted to everything we said, and to stop implying that we were being inflammatory and insulting. We weren't. Nowhere in this topic did we say "The creator of this wad is an idiot for making this." In which case, your accusations and comments would be justified. We never "treated you like an ass." We refuted your opinions. That's not being an ass in any way.

And furthermore, I would of actually downloaded the old SAdv Character Pack if MetalSonicMK7 had made those improvements. PRIME example of how listening to critisism and suggestions, and therefore improving your wad, gets more people downloading and liking it.

I understand now for real that changes need to be made in order for this to be good. This will be my last wad based on offical sprites. To start off what do you guys want in order for this to be better?

Only three things.

Color friendlyness. (use the STARTCOLOR tag)
Bigger sprites. (use mspaint. Use the stretch function to make the image 200 times larger in both dimensions. But don't skew your image.)
Same stats as regular Sonic. (check the Character WADs article on the Wiki)

I'll Begin said:
Only three things.

That was in beta 5

Bigger sprites. (use mspaint. Use the stretch function to make the image 200 times larger in both dimensions. But don't skew your image.
I'm afraid it'll look ugly.
If you played Sonic Advance 2, you'd know he does homing attack. Sonic runs on water in sonic advance 2 when he reaches top speed.[/quote]

metalsonicmk72 said:
I'll Begin said:
Only three things.

That was in beta 5
One down.

metalsonicmk72 said:
Bigger sprites. (use mspaint. Use the stretch function to make the image 200 times larger in both dimensions. But don't skew your image.
I'm afraid it'll look ugly.
This character wad is ugly at the moment anyway (too damn small). Wouldn't hurt.

metalsonicmk72 said:
If you played Sonic Advance 2, you'd know he does homing attack. Sonic runs on water in sonic advance 2 when he reaches top speed.
Is this Sonic Advance 2? No. This is SRB2, where stuff like that is overpowered.

Also. Another suggestion. Remove the life icon text completely, and change the life icon itself to something else.

I'll remove the lightdashing ability because it's not worth having. I'm not sure if I want to remove waterrun and homing. I don't see how those 2 abilities are overpowering.

One alone, is not too overpowering, but you put all of them in.

Lightdash (I feel,) is the least overpowered of the group, but that's just personal opinion.

Segmint said:
Lightdash (I feel,) is the least overpowered of the group, but that's just personal opinion.

Actually, it's quite overpowering in netgames. One person holds Lightdash and sucks up all the Rings while going at high speed, leaving all the rest behind to contend with the enemies in Co-op, or to face someone with over 400 Automatic Rings in Match.

However, it's quite fine for single-player. I think waterrun alone would be a good ability for Sonic, since you see him run on water a fair bit in SAdv2/3. He won't be able to run on lava, since lava damages you before you jump in.

On another note, stretching the sprites is fine. You just need to antialias them a bit so they look better, and antialias them correctly. Just putting an extra pixel in every corner is not good. You have to make it look natural, like this scene from Sonic CD I enlarged. Just try and find a pattern and then use the line tool to fix said pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back