• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Advance 2 Sonic Character (3D and Not a recolor)Beta5

Status
Not open for further replies.
i could try making some?
ill make em later i need to sleep

EDIT: well i found these as some of the forward walking sprites
sonicsprites.png

... said:
say really it is cool
You don't have to put say before you say something like in netgames to post. :P Not really ugly sprites, but could have been improved so much by Sonic Team. Anyway at least this time it's sorta 3-d

Sykotic said:
You act like your wads are any better.

I put more effort, so they obviously are.

Don't critisize (sp?) wads even if they aren't custom, some ripped sheet wads are better than custom wads.

I'll criticize, regardless, thank you.

Compare his wad to your wad.

Which one? I have many.

What am I to be seeing, but which wad, first?

Laughing.

Edit- Woah, same time post with DW.
No, your wads arent any better. Shall we recall your topic please?

And if you're going to criticize then I guess I shall do the same with you.

And compare his wad to all of your wads. All of yours were utterly terrible, his has at least kept me playing for a day or two.

You see how at least people had some good comments on his wad. You my unfortunate friend, got none.

And I didn't finish posting for I had to get off before. I honestly don't see anything funny in one letter. My friend you must be incredibly deprived or humor. Go outside once in a while. Kay'?

Sonow Hakura said:
No, your wads arent any better. Shall we recall your topic please?

I said:
That logic is flawed. Someone who hasn't made a wad/released one knows he/she needs improvement. That person still has room to criticize someone else's wad. Whether or not he/she made a wad is irrelevant.

Sonow Hakura said:
And if you're going to criticize then I guess I shall do the same with you.

And compare his wad to all of your wads. All of yours were utterly terrible, his has at least kept me playing for a day or two.

That's not criticism. That's contrasting. There's a difference. And honestly, that looks more like an attempt to get him mad than it looks like contrasting. (AKA: Flamebait)

Sonow Hakura said:
You see how at least people had some good comments on his wad. You my unfortunate friend, got none.

That doesn't mean he isn't in a position to criticize.

Sonow Hakura said:
And I didn't finish posting for I had to get off before. I honestly don't see anything funny in one letter. My friend you must be incredibly deprived or humor. Go outside once in a while. Kay'?

That doesn't mean you should leave a comment unfinished. Either erase the whole or finish it.

Okay this wad is good, and for people who keep saying it isn't, Well I got something to tell you.

First let me show you a Quote:

joshthehedgehog said:
But what those dumbasses don't understand CRISTICISIM DOESN'T HELP IT MAKES THE PERSON FEEL BAD AND MAKES THE PERSON GIVE UP.

And this is true, remeber Sonic Advance character pack metal was doing, once you guys criticized/flamed him he gave up and dumped the project, same with me when I got criticized and stuff eventually I gave up, And if you don't get it what I'm saying, than let me tell you what I mean. When you flame and criticize someone its not gonna help them, its just gonna make them feel hopeless and they're gonna give up, same as in real life, say someone was making a really big game and somebody comes out and says "The game is gonna be stupid" than the person is eventually gonna dump the project. So stop being a Ass and saying "OMG LIEK YOU RIPPED THESE SPRITES OFF OF SO AND SO SITE" This wad has some great potential but you assholes have yet to see that. If you bastards didn't make him feel bad when he was doing the character pack than that would've been another good wad to put in the record books, but no most of you fucking assholes had to flame and critize him and make him quit. there I'm done and I'm sure I'll get banned for this but I don't care.

-roboegg99.

As I said before, forget those who shall look for all the negative points in this wad. Most of the people who are criticizing this are always criticizing someones work and usually have nothing good to say. I think you (Metal) aren't really going to find anything worth your time in their posts. And stop calling your posts "criticism" because it's not. It's random insults about their wad and it does not involve any "constructivity" in it, so it really isn't helping, nor is it wanted.

Sonow Hakura said:
. And stop calling your posts "criticism" because it's not. It's random insults about their wad and it does not involve any "constructivity" in it, so it really isn't helping, nor is it wanted.

Quoted For The Truth.

-roboegg99.

Seriously, why don't you guys just post something OUT of criticism? Like robo said, which he got from me as we were chatting, YOU GUYS AREN'T HELPING! Posting something to satisfy yourelf not only isn't selfishness, it's just stupid. Can't any of you just IGNORE wads you don't like?

-Josh The Hedgehog

We can't ignore them, because then all we get are n00b servers jammed up with wads that suck and nobody intelligent downloads. Then we intelligent people will resort to playing a new game, thus causing the apocalypse of this community. Do you want that?

Your farkin' dictionary said:
Critisism.
-Noun
The act or art of analyzing and evaluating or judging the quality of a literary or artistic work, musical performance, art exhibit, dramatic production, etc.
Doesn't say "make someone give up". It simply says judging the quality, and that's what we're doing.

Critisism is way of helping people get better at things. It's the artist's damn fault if he takes critisism to offense. Let him fail at life and produce total crap.

How do you think Mystic got so good at creating maps? Critisism.
How do you think Leonardo Da Vinci got so good at painting? Critisism.
Why do you think Roboegg doesn't make any good SRB2 addons? Because he doesn't listen to Critisism.

Why is it so hard to understand?

The point is, you people take criticism WAY too far. If you just can't handle the fact that people have wads you don't in a server, too bad. It's just the way things are gonna happen soon..... We can't stop it..... the community has too.

I'll Begin said:
Your farkin' dictionary said:
Critisism.
-Noun
The act or art of analyzing and evaluating or judging the quality of a literary or artistic work, musical performance, art exhibit, dramatic production, etc.
Doesn't say "make someone give up". It simply says judging the quality, and that's what we're doing.

Critisism is way of helping people get better at things. It's the artist's damn fault if he takes critisism to offense. Let him fail at life and produce total crap.

How do you think Mystic got so good at creating maps? Critisism.
How do you think Leonardo Da Vinci got so good at painting? Critisism.
Why do you think Roboegg doesn't make any good SRB2 addons? Because he doesn't listen to Critisism.

Why is it so hard to understand?

I was saying that what all of you have been saying isn't criticism, didn't you wonder why I typed it like "this"? Criticism is where you give them advice to make them realize their mistake and make it better. All you people do is say "OMfgfzzZ! Dis WadSdD SUaCKS!". And if you don't like those servers with those wads then join a different one. Geez you guys act like every server has every crappy wad that has ever been made.

Get over it.

Constructive criticism and flaming are two different things.

Constructive criticism lets the creator what other people think of his creation. The creator can use the idea or tweak it to make his creation better. Sometimes this means that the creator would have to start on a different idea or at least restart making the creation depending if the idea was good or not.
When it comes to stuff like wads, the criticism always applies to the wad not at the person. This should let the person express his or her creativity better.

Flaming does not let the creator know what he did wrong, and usually attacks the creator. Saying stuff like "THIS SUX and your an idiot" is not helpful. Saying stuff like "This level is a cramped, it makes it hard to move within srb2..etc." is acceptable since it shows why a person doesn't like it.

I am glad I got criticism for my wad that I entered for the last contest, as one issue was addressed, I thought of other different ways to make it better and some of the level designer block was lifted. So constructive criticism does indeed help the person that at least considers it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back