• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Advance 1 Character pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Warrior said:
Why would it be good? I pointed out exactly why it sucked. You're calling it good. Why are you calling it good? Because someone's making a wad? Poor reason for calling it "good".

I have many reasons for calling it good, but that reason wasn't one of them.

Dark Warrior said:
Why would it be good? I pointed out exactly why it sucked. You're calling it good. Why are you calling it good? Because someone's making a wad? Poor reason for calling it "good".

Hey so your are aloud to say it sucks and yet there aren't aloud to say it is good, honestly the people these days, Dark Warrior just shut up for once, I think this wad is good because I like the sprites and it's fun to be in 2D because it makes it wried and I like wried.

Bouncey (should have) said:
Dark Warrior said:

Hey so you're allowed to say it sucks, and yet people aren't allowed to say it is good? Honestly, people these days... Dark Warrior, just shut up for once. I think this wad is good because I like the sprites and it's fun to be in 2D because it makes it weird and I like weird.

I never said he couldn't say it's good. Where the hell do you read that? I said to list why it's good, and he hasn't. No, I have no intention of shutting up, and I'm sorry if that annoys you. If you like 2D sprites, fine and great, but that's also a generally accepted reason why wads suck. And this really isn't an exception. For the exact reasons I stated earlier.

Dark Warrior said:
Bouncey (should have) said:
Dark Warrior said:

Hey so you're allowed to say it sucks, and yet people aren't allowed to say it is good? Honestly, people these days... Dark Warrior, just shut up for once. I think this wad is good because I like the sprites and it's fun to be in 2D because it makes it weird and I like weird.

I never said he couldn't say it's good. Where the hell do you read that? I said to list why it's good, and he hasn't. No, I have no intention of shutting up, and I'm sorry if that annoys you. If you like 2D sprites, fine and great, but that's also a generally accepted reason why wads suck. And this really isn't an exception. For the exact reasons I stated earlier.

Now I kinda understand.

Update: Unforunatly progress on the pack has slowed down. I havdn't heard from the level makers here about their progress on the levels. Also I need to finish Amy.

Dark Warrior said:

NeoJames said:
If you're gonna be just flame the wad like: "Oh, he didn't use the right sprites, I'm gonna tell him to do so," then don't even post at all, and make a wad with the [sarcasm]right[/sarcasm] sprites yourself.

1) That's not "flaming" by any means at all.
2) "then don't even post at all" in this case falls under the same category of "If you don't like it, don't download it." It's a void statement.
I would just like to point out I didn't say that..it shows my name there because I quoted it :|

ANYWAY Robo,If you feel so strongly that this is good..post the reason(s)

NeoJames said:

I don't want to post the reasons(I don't feel like it).

and metal my progress on the level thing is bad, because my srb2 got deleted.

Mystic said:
roboegg99 said:
NeoJames said:

I don't want to post the reasons(I don't feel like it).
Then shut up if you don't want to back up your opinions. Nobody cares.

Well its not like I have to back up my opinions(this isn't court). So why back up my opinions if theres really no reason to, and saying shut up hurts my feelings =(.

If you don't back up your opinion, it's not like anyone actually starts to care what you're saying, and thus removes the point of you posting in the first place.

BlueZero has it. If you're just going to say "This wad rocks" and then not explain why, you might as well not have posted in the first place, and you're wasting perfectly good bandwidth.

If you get inexplicable urges to say something rocks and can't say why, don't post at all. It's pointless.

Fine I'll post reasons!

1.)Because its fun playing with 2-D wads, and the ones metal makes has fun things added to them.

2.)Even though this is another orginal(shadow,sonic.etc) wad, its still fun because its advance style, and because It adds more characters to my collection.

There happy? Becuase I'm not.

That 's not backing up your opinion...you just said "I like it because it's fun" pretty much...

What makes it fun? The sideways walking? The only-fully-playable-in-two-levels thing?

roboegg99 said:
Fine I'll post reasons!

1.)Because its fun playing with 2-D wads, and the ones metal makes has fun things added to them.

That doesn't answer the question at all. That tells me you're having fun. What "fun things" has he added to this? What makes 2D wads fun?

roboegg99 said:
2.)Even though this is another orginal(shadow,sonic.etc) wad, its still fun because its advance style, and because It adds more characters to my collection.

There happy? Because I'm not.

This is anything but original. We have all the characters made. Advance sprites have been abused to death. Also, having wads made isn't always a good thing. You really shouldn't be collecting wads. You should download and use wads you want to use often. You're wasting good hard drive space doing that.

Dark Warrior said:
roboegg99 said:
Fine I'll post reasons!

That doesn't answer the question at all. That tells me you're having fun. What "fun things" has he added to this? What makes 2D wads fun?

roboegg99 said:

There happy? Because I'm not.

This is anything but original. We have all the characters made. Advance sprites have been abused to death. Also, having wads made isn't always a good thing. You really shouldn't be collecting wads. You should download and use wads you want to use often. You're wasting good hard drive space doing that.

How about some constructive criticism, huh? You don't have to download it! Instead of bagging on everyone's wads when they aren't horrible or stupid as you think, try showing some encouragement. :roll:

Cory the Hedgehog said:
How about some constructive criticism, huh? You don't have to download it! Instead of bagging on everyone's wads when they aren't horrible or stupid as you think, try showing some encouragement. :roll:

That whole statement was answered a while back:
I said:
Also, please stop with "If you don't like it, don't download it!" It's an invalid statement that goes directly against the point of constructive criticism. The point of stating why/what it is you don't like is to make the designer improve/see what's wrong/acknowledge that (s)he needs to dump a project/etc. Saying "If you don't like it, don't download it!" does not help anyone. If one were to listen to that crap, the designer would not get the needed criticism. The statement only succeeds in pissing people off. It does no good for anyone.

I will not encourage something I do not support the creation of. That also goes against the point of constructive criticism.

Dark Warrior said:

I can waste as much harddrive space as I have(You're not my mom), besides I know how to delete stuff(duh), And why say this wad isn't good? At least its something, not all people can do custom stuff, what do you think we all can draw like a pro in mspaint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back