• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Advance 1 Character pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone one has different ways of wadding. When I'm done with this pack, I'm gonna take my chances at making 3D wads. But hey, just because some, maybe most, people don't like 2D doesn't mean others won't like it. I mentioned before the Robo & Icer are making 2D levels so they look worthwhile. I've seen quite a few other wadders use characters from sprite sheets as well.

Okay for all who keep saying "This wad fails" or "These characters are to small and ugly" I got something to say about that. First If you don't like how small the wad is, why not resize it yourself you got xwe and ms paint right? Second If you don't like the wad just don't download it, its not like someones saying "Download the wad or I kill you", there I'm done.

roboegg99 said:
Okay for all who keep saying "This wad fails" or "These characters are to small and ugly" I got something to say about that. First If you don't like how small the wad is, why not resize it yourself you got xwe and ms paint right?
Because, unless you host it, no one will play it - and even then, they probably won't play it anyway because it isn't the original wad. So no one will care.

Second If you don't like the wad just don't download it, its not like someones saying "Download the wad or I kill you", there I'm done.
I can tell just by the screenshots that it isn't good. It obviously took pretty much zero effort, and we already got a billion frikkin' Sonic, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, what the hell ever wads, so it isn't unique in anyway. This isn't really helping the community any, so what do we do? Tell him it's not good, why, and give him suggestions on what would be good. "Don't download the wad if you don't like it" really is completely invalid in the case of constructive criticism.

Well still he had to put some effort into it, because he got about 150 sprites and than had to import them into about 150 frames(yeah theres a whole bunch of effort there), so yeah this wad is good and it has alot of effort put into it.

In terms of art, no, it's a rip. In fact, most of the sprites are probably already from public archives, so it's hardly even a rip.

Also, everyone who makes a character wad puts in tons of sprites. But that isn't really hard, moreso than it is tedious. I can assure you, making sprites is much more difficult than reorganizing them.

metalsonicmk72 said:
I'm planning to do that when I make Sonic Advance 2/3 styled character wads in my next project.

Actually why don't you mix the sprites. I mean Sadv1 2 and 3 and battle are like the same sprites.

roboegg99 said:
Yes but why rip sprites, when over 900 people have already ripped the same sprites.

Um, you seem to be missing my point.

I'm not saying to rip them. I'm saying to create your own. Or rather, don't, because we already have a thousand of these wads.

Blue Warrior said:
roboegg99 said:
Okay for all who keep saying "This wad fails" or "These characters are to small and ugly" I got something to say about that. First If you don't like how small the wad is, why not resize it yourself you got xwe and ms paint right?
Because, unless you host it, no one will play it - and even then, they probably won't play it anyway because it isn't the original wad. So no one will care.

Not only that, but the original designer should be willing to do what needs to be done to at least make it work right. To ignore even such simple basics as size is a sign of laziness.

Also, please stop with "If you don't like it, don't download it!" It's an invalid statement that goes directly against the point of constructive criticism. The point of stating why/what it is you don't like is to make the designer improve/see what's wrong/acknowledge that (s)he needs to dump a project/etc. Saying "If you don't like it, don't download it!" does not help anyone. If one were to listen to that crap, the designer would not get the needed criticism. The statement only succeeds in pissing people off. It does no good for anyone.

Jman said:
metalsonicmk72 said:
I'm planning to do that when I make Sonic Advance 2/3 styled character wads in my next project.

Actually why don't you mix the sprites. I mean Sadv1 2 and 3 and battle are like the same sprites.
Because, although they are drawn in similar styles. They are, in fact, all different from eachother, so mixing them would be stupid.

Well It's still good, and mixing them isn't a bad idea, but maybe you should try and rip 3-D sprites or something and use them, or you can change the sprites you have now 3-D(its a very easy thing to do).

I'll Begin said:
Because, although they are drawn in similar styles. They are, in fact, all different from each other, so mixing them would be stupid.

Not wholly true. For general purposes, no, you shouldn't mix sprites from two different Advance games of the same animation. However, the sprites can be mixed if you do it in a separate animation. So, I make a fan game with Advance sprites. I can use Sonic Advance's walking, Sonic Advance 2's running, Sonic Battle's spindash, and so on and so forth.

Well I guess that mixing would work only in a fangame, because thats what I did.

Yugi said:
NeoJames said:
Shadow wasn't in Sonic adventure at all :roll:
If your gunna use official sprites, use official sprites..not some fugley nearly-non-shaded ones
Um... first of all, get the name of the game right, and he doesn't have to use the Sonic Battle sprites if he doesn't want to. A few people here think they have to get the wad to their exact friggin specifications. If you're gonna be just flame the wad like: "Oh, he didn't use the right sprites, I'm gonna tell him to do so," then don't even post at all, and make a wad with the [sarcasm]right[/sarcasm] sprites yourself. This has been a federal case from Yugi Productions.
Oh come on...these kinds of wads suck already...he might as well do it with the better looking sprites that have proper shading

EDIT: OOH OOH I made a typo by saying adventure instead of advance oh maw gawd!

People arn't perfect...it's my siggy for crying out loud...

Dark Warrior said:
These suck. You know why?
  • No effort. You didn't so much as rip the sprites. You took them off sheets.
  • Unoriginal at best. We have Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles, Amy, and Tails.
  • 2D based sprites. Those never work in SRB2.
  • Advance sprites have been abused to death.

Why do people make crap like this? It's useless, they suck, and generally annoy people to death.

Well still its gonna have some extra stuff to it, so it'll be good. It'd still be good with just characters in it.

Why would it be good? I pointed out exactly why it sucked. You're calling it good. Why are you calling it good? Because someone's making a wad? Poor reason for calling it "good".

NeoJames said:
If you're gonna be just flame the wad like: "Oh, he didn't use the right sprites, I'm gonna tell him to do so," then don't even post at all, and make a wad with the [sarcasm]right[/sarcasm] sprites yourself.

1) That's not "flaming" by any means at all.
2) "then don't even post at all" in this case falls under the same category of "If you don't like it, don't download it." It's a void statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back