Sonic #19 on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, you need to look at some examples of what Moho can output. It doesn't look flash-like at all (see my avatar.) Look in the Moho forum since the gallery is down.

However, if you think your some one man animation studio geru, might I suggest Flipbook? If you can draw swell enough you could probably come up with commercial quality cartoons with it. Their gallery is very impressive.

can that Moho thing work with sprites? I'm planning on changing my comic into a flash series, and since I can't do crap for drawing with a mouse... well you get the idea.

Yeah, you can import them into image layers, which are similar to vector layers only their not as versatile. You could even bind them to bones if you wish for some interesting results.

tails.jpg

I can draw reasonable well with a mouse. Some animation programs allow you to adjust the angle tolerance, which erases any part of the curve you draw that is less than the angle you specify. Of course, its even easier for me because I have a touchpad :P

Wait a second...

SSNTails said:
Worst thing they ever did was get rid of the script writer Mike Gallagher.
Apparently he's still around. I'm assuming you mean that he no longer does main stories or something? He definitely hasn't been laid off, he just did the latest Off-Panel.

Shadow Hog said:
Wait a second...

SSNTails said:
Worst thing they ever did was get rid of the script writer Mike Gallagher.
Apparently he's still around. I'm assuming you mean that he no longer does main stories or something? He definitely hasn't been laid off, he just did the latest Off-Panel.

Oh. Well, they definitely don't let him write like he used to.

Why did the Comic change so drastically like that? Didn't people complain?

Oh and btw SSNTails, Toon Boom Studio is a vector animator.

I think it was a bit more gradual than that, though. We start off with the goofy stories. Then the goofy stories start getting more serious, all the while retaining their goofiness. Then it gets more and more serious, very gradually, so people don't notice it unless they compare the latest issue to the first couple.

Besides, I think the comic would be better serious as it is anyway. They just need to have a major decimation of their unneeded cast members to limit it to a few instead of the hundreds they've got now (exagerated... I think).

Oh, and maybe make it clearer that their universe is NOT the one of the games.

I think they're trying to tie it to the games more than separate it. more like giving the characters something to do in between games or some crap like that.

and the last issue i read was the one where Knux finds out he has a baby brother. and of course, if you read That's My Sonic, everyone will know the kid as "Little Edwardo".

Geona said:
I think they're trying to tie it to the games more than separate it. more like giving the characters something to do in between games or some crap like that.
Doesn't surprise me, but they should STOP. It's for that reason I still see newbies screaming at me for saying that the games take place on Earth and not saying that it's on Mobius which is obviously the truth since the games are obviously nothing when compared to the comic that's based on the games, not vice versa...

A game or comic where the two universes have a short convergence would be a neat way to slap it into people's heads that they're completely and totally different. I think we've been to that point in the topic, though; all it does is makes people glaze over it instead of consider it. Oh well, nothing one can do, anyway...

Universes is a stupid concept anyway. Why conform to someone elses ideas when you can make up your own? Of course, that leads to the inclusion of fan characters, but everyone ignores each others anyway.

It's incredibly difficult to use the same set of characters and stuff in multiple media (video games, TV, books, comic books, etc) without significant changes. Take something in any medium off that list and adapt it to another one, and you pretty much have to create a new "universe."

Fanfiction, Fan Comics, they all lead to one thing: tearing whatever series that it's based on apart, which usually leads to crappy work. (with the exception of the fancomics "Shadow the Comic", the amazingly popular "Another Mobius" and the incredible fanfic "Halftime".) Alot of Games get this. Even, dare I say it, the infamously crappy Chrono Cross (which had a very crappy plot.) gets fanfiction. Let's face it, nothing is safe from being torn to shreads by fans who barely know anything about a game or show's underlying plot. And there are always fan characters.

Here I am spouting all this when I know full and well that I have a bunch of Megaman and Sonic fan characters. meh, atleast I try to stear away from godlike characters.

Hey, I have a copy of Sonic #19. It's in pretty sorry shape, though. I was never much for keeping my comics in mint condition...

Yeah, I'm an Archie fan. I never think of the comic as "tearing apart the Sonic I know." I think of it more as a extension of the characters I enjoy seeing on my TV and Genesis.

Last Sonic comic I saw was one in which Sonic dives into a secret cave underwater and stuff... And he goes after a bunch of Chaos Emeralds that Dr. Robotnik's hidden inside his robots... And it was as game-based as possable, with all the robots and everything. Then I stopped getting such good grades...

Oh,and as a reply to the above comments to AoStH, it had bad animation. Bigass whoop. Say something bad again and I'll get JTE to track you down and kill you. *shot* :roll:

Personally, I liked the comics back the way they used to be. They were less dramatic and a hell of a lot funnier. They should screw the storyline and go back to the way it used to be.

Oh, and does anybody here have Issue #3? I need scans of it or something; It has Scratch and Grounder in it, according to a few different sources I have seen. And given I'm such a big fan of the show, a comic adaption is #1 on my most wanted list. If you could find something on it it would be incredible.

(PS: I heard it was included in the recent "Sonic: Beginnings", but I'm not quite sure. Could somebody check up on this?) :(

>.> I'd buy it for a hella lot of money, just to send it to Omega. But I don't have a hella lot of money (only $5,000) and I can't spend money online like that... ... ... Oh, and I don't have Omega's address, but that's no big issue.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Oh,and as a reply to the above comments to AoStH, it had bad animation. Bigass whoop. Say something bad again and I'll get JTE to track you down and kill you. *shot* :roll:

Personally, I liked the comics back the way they used to be. They were less dramatic and a hell of a lot funnier. They should screw the storyline and go back to the way it used to be.

Oh, and does anybody here have Issue #3? I need scans of it or something; It has Scratch and Grounder in it, according to a few different sources I have seen. And given I'm such a big fan of the show, a comic adaption is #1 on my most wanted list. If you could find something on it it would be incredible.

(PS: I heard it was included in the recent "Sonic: Beginnings", but I'm not quite sure. Could somebody check up on this?) :(

DO WANT TEH MAKE SOMETHIN OUT OF IT THEN? HUH?! HUH?!!!

There's actually a scratch and grounder fan comic out there, but you can find it yourself :twisted:

The Scratch and Grounder fan comic RULES!

*Eggman dons SA outfit*

Eggman: SELL OUT TIME!

Shadow Hog said:
Actually, they were in that Chaotix episode of Sonic X. At least, I recall Ricky (squirrel) and the four 3D Blast: Flickies' Island Flickies showing up.

There was a Chaotix episode? Could you explain what happened? I've missed a helluva lot of episodes. (I thought the series was cancelled after the first season) And about this whole comic thing... I'd give my two cents, but everyone already summed up most of my thoughts. I still think it would have been MUCH better if they stuck to the original SatAM plot. (The Sonic/Sally love story, the overlanders, the aliens and the 200+ echidna characters horribly mangled what little storyline the comic ever had...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back