Sonic #19 on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want bad animation, watch anything on cartoon network, like Puffy AmiYumi. The thing looks like a flash cartoon!

Of course, standards have changed.

Off the topic of Archie and SatAM and AoStH for a bit... just what IS your evil plan? To take over the world? To finish up that Wizard thing? To replace all the chocolate in the world with moldy cheese? Eh? Eh?

My Evil Plan encompasses all of my activities.

And in a way, I guess, starts refunding the $1020 I've spent on SRB2 so far (possibly more).

Shadow Hog said:
WAAAAAY too much to explain in one post, but I'll give it a try anyway.

Around #125 some aliens, the Xorda, came to Mobius saying that this was really Earth and that they'd thought they'd killed everything on it when their peace attempts were foiled.

So, they decided to use this black hole creator to destroy the Solar System.

Sonic and everybody else stops it.

Sonic winds up on the other side of the galaxy.

Sonic travels back to Mobius over the course of six weeks.

When he gets back a year has passed.

Xorda threat looms even a year later, just nothing else has happened yet.

Yes, it's that convoluted.

But do you know how or what made Sonic and his friends become littel animale people? :mrgreen:

From my perspective, the gene bomb didn't kill off humanity so much as mutate them beyond recognition.

Well, kinda. A good handul just lost a finger on each hand and became overlanders. Some mutated with animals and became mobians. Station Square sat in its little mountain and stayed humans. Everyone else died.

This doesn't explain how they showed up in the games (I'm guessing furries just ARE there, no need to question it), but this is how it went down in the comic's universe.

SSNTails said:
If you want bad animation, watch anything on cartoon network, like Puffy AmiYumi. The thing looks like a flash cartoon!

Actually, they use a program called Toon Boom Studio to make those. Its a terrible animation program, because of its horrorific inference, support, 1000 frame limit for the express version, and the fact that you need an expensive watcom to take advantage of everything including the simple task of drawing in it. I tried it for a month and a half and I couldn't animate a damn thing in it.

Its sad to note that AoStH is still the best Sonic cartoon, despite its flaws, when compared to the other Sonic Cartoons which totally missed the concept of Sonic whatsoever. I'd rather have a videogame cartoon that I can relate to the games, rather than some immersive plot that disses the most important concepts of the orginal plot. The sad thing is, most Sonic fans actually like those kinds of things.

I'd rather have a videogame cartoon that I can relate to the games
Sonic X. It may have Chris in it taking up too much limelight, but it's the closest to the games as we've ever come - closer than AoStH, even.

I mean, dude it played "Live and Learn" in the SA2 adaption. "Live and"-freakin'-"Learn". It's a shame the dub sucks so bad that that awesome touch was cut, along with the REST of the soundtrack.

Shadow Hog said:
This doesn't explain how they showed up in the games (I'm guessing furries just ARE there, no need to question it), but this is how it went down in the comic's universe.
From what I gather in Sonic 1, 2, 3, and S & K's limited storylines, Sonic lived in a cool forest thingie and Robotnik came with his big wrecking ball and tried to knock it down for some technology junk or something. But Sonic didn't like that, so he decided to chase Robotnik into his own base and destroy it all. (Gee, what a smart plan that is...) Since then, Dr. Robotnik has continued to try and enslave animals and create factorys and junk, but now he builds giant warships and stuff to try and destroy Sonic. Or something. Something like that. The furrys are just another kind of animal. With the other kind being the cute small animals that are just... there...

Actually, they were in that Chaotix episode of Sonic X. At least, I recall Ricky (squirrel) and the four 3D Blast: Flickies' Island Flickies showing up.

Jason the Echidna said:
Shadow Hog said:
From what I gather in Sonic 1, 2, 3, and S & K's limited storylines, Sonic lived in a cool forest thingie and Robotnik came with his big wrecking ball and tried to knock it down for some technology junk or something. But Sonic didn't like that, so he decided to chase Robotnik into his own base and destroy it all. (Gee, what a smart plan that is...) Since then, Dr. Robotnik has continued to try and enslave animals and create factorys and junk, but now he builds giant warships and stuff to try and destroy Sonic. Or something. Something like that. The furrys are just another kind of animal. With the other kind being the cute small animals that are just... there...

Heh, you've just summed up what my Sonic Cartoon's going to be like :P

firemario1001 said:
SSNTails said:

Actually, they use a program called Toon Boom Studio to make those. Its a terrible animation program, because of its horrorific inference, support, 1000 frame limit for the express version, and the fact that you need an expensive watcom to take advantage of everything including the simple task of drawing in it. I tried it for a month and a half and I couldn't animate a damn thing in it.

Yeah, ToonBoom is the el-cheapo version of the professional USAnimation package, that cartoons like Invader Zim used, for instance.

I should give ToonBoom a whack, anyhow... Right now I don't have any decent animation program... Animator Studio (Poksoc, APL, etc.) is hard to work with because it's so old and meant for Windows 3.1 and crashes every 5 minutes.

No SSNTails, you should use this program called Moho. It uses inverse kinematics much like binding skeletons in 3D modeling, a timeline that lets you control acceleration via a graph, and you can positon vector layers on a 3D plane and have the camera rotote, translate, zoom in, and all kinds of crazy motions, much like mode 7 did on the SNES. You can output your animations to Quicktime so you can take advantage of special effects like alpha channels (transparency anyone?) Drawing involves connecting points to one another, and then editing their positions before giving them fills and outlines. In my opinion, it's the best vector animation tool available.

www.lostmarble.com

BTW the demo is full featured, and the full version is only 100 dollars. Then again, that money goes against your reserves for your evil plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back