• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shadow the hedgehog remake, Final Beta released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would personally say silver, but hey as long as the color is somewhere between silver and gold it should be fine.

Shadow said:
I would personally say silver, but hey as long as the color is somewhere between silver and gold it should be fine.
Nice username. Real original. Not going to confuse you with anyone else. No sir. Not at all.

I'll Begin said:
Shadow said:
Nice username. Real original. Not going to confuse you with anyone else. No sir. Not at all.

You know he's been here for a while....right?

Don't worry about it. This wad looks very nice if I haven't said so before. Wonder if It'll beat mine, I hope so.

I managed to finish all of the Walking frames yesterday and put them into the current Beta. Now to figure out what to do with those horrid running frames, finish the superform, find a free spawnstate, and he'll be done.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?l5m533yzydn
Senku Niola said:
No, no mixing with the slots I'm using, I actually probably have quite a few more slots to take up later cause of all the other characters I have planned over the years. :<
Who here gives a crap if the second most popular hedgehog mixes socs with a small-time recolor? *shoop'd*
Seriously though, I'm gonna go ahead and use one of those slots, any objections?
EDIT BUMP!
I need some input on an idea for Shadow's running frames. The image quality is horrible, taken from crappy TV 'screenshots' off of Gamefaqs, but it's the best way I can illustrate my idea.
sonicadventure2_0413_screen034.png

Shadow's running frames will have more similarities to Sonic's, and the sprites won't tilt at the angles in the image, but it will look much more like the way he runs in SA2. Should I try spriting this? Or would it be wasted effort like the last set of running frames?
I have also decided that his super form's color will remain the same, we're trying to recreate the Shadow from SA2, not from Shadow the hedgehog. Although I will make his spines move while 'running' in his super form, so at least that much is going to change.

If you're donig two diferant WADs, one's super form could be yellow, and one silver.

I like the running idea.

Blade, that is a great idea! :D Now we need to decide which shade of yellow to go with for the NET version.
I'm spriting the running frames with KolourPaint right now, and it's zoom function pwns MSPaint's zoom tool, btw. :P KolourPaint FTW!1!1!1!! *shot by avid Paint users*

*hides gun...*
Anyway, I say it should be a light yellow, or Super Sonics shade of yellow.

If it's going to be yellow, you should make it that the super form sprites of Shadow are the same color as they would be if the color for Super Shadow was the regular STRTCOLOR/ENDCOLOR colors to prevent "WTFness" when he spins, because, wellm what would you think if something looked chiffon yellow and suddenly went gold when spinning?

Dr.Pepper, why doesn't he run on water? And how come he goes "Fast" instead of "fastest"?

EDIT: Are you going to keep the turning frames the same, because i really think that they need fixing.

Maybe because... Shadow is Sonic's equal? *shot*
Seriously, even though Shadow is the ultimate life form and everything, he has always been used as an equal to sonic (Less everything after Shadow the Hedgehog)

3.gif

My first attempt, not so good actually D: Back to KolourPaint I go. *gunned down*
Seriously, that program is awesome, it pwns M$Paint in everything. With over 32+ undo levels, 1600% zoom, doesn't crash, and more, I couldn't be a happier and faster spriter. :D I'll never need to use Paint again unless I'm feeling too lazy to boot into Ubuntu. :P
I'm not the one cares what color Shadow_NET's superform is, so I'm going to ask you guys, which yellow is best?
Senku's?
noshaddapfj6.png

Or nitro's?

Shadic_the_Human said:
Dr.Pepper, why doesn't he run on water? And how come he goes "Fast" instead of "fastest"?
Because he has NEVER ran on water in any of the games he appeared in. In fact, none of the 3D games had anything to do with water, and I love water stages. D:
Also, Shadow isn't the 'fastest', his shoes are the only things allowing him to keep up with Sonic, who doesn't need jet fuel or whatever to run laps around the world. :P
Shadic_the_Human said:
Are you going to keep the turning frames the same, because i really think that they need fixing.
His what frames? I don't recall any turning frames. If you meant his running frsmes, then don't worry, I'm on it and they're the only 16 frames stopping me from releasing the final version of ShadowRE.

Dr.Pepper said:
3.gif

My first attempt, not so good actually D: Back to KolourPaint I go. *gunned down*
Seriously, that program is awesome, it pwns M$Paint in everything. With over 32+ undo levels, 1600% zoom, doesn't crash, and more, I couldn't be a happier and faster spriter. :D I'll never need to use Paint again unless I'm feeling too lazy to boot into Ubuntu. :P
I'm not the one cares what color Shadow_NET's superform is, so I'm going to ask you guys, which yellow is best?
Senku's?
noshaddapfj6.png

Or nitro's?

Shadic_the_Human said:
Because he has NEVER ran on water in any of the games he appeared in. In fact, none of the 3D games had anything to do with water, and I love water stages. D:
Also, Shadow isn't the 'fastest', his shoes are the only things allowing him to keep up with Sonic, who doesn't need jet fuel or whatever to run laps around the world. :P
Shadic_the_Human said:
Are you going to keep the turning frames the same, because i really think that they need fixing.
His what frames? I don't recall any turning frames. If you meant his running frsmes, then don't worry, I'm on it and they're the only 16 frames stopping me from releasing the final version of ShadowRE.

Theres just one thing you might need to improve on that running frame. His hands look a little wierd.

And to the super forms I would say go with nitro's. Senku's seems a little bit strange.

If you ask me I think this wad is pretty much done. I've tested the wad and it is the best wad i have tested so far. ^_^

Voting Tally:
1-Senku
1-Nitro

While what you say about Shadow's Darkness skates is true (they're the only thing keeping him at Sonic's speed) They don't use jetfuel or anything, they run off Shadow's own Chaos energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back