• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sally.wad (Beta download available!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I guess that means I was just being picky. :P I realized it's something about the eyes that made me say "Pleh!". I'll get to work on the rest of her walking sprites then. I'm glad I got so used to KolourPaint now, it's making Sally mountains easier to work on! =P
KolourPaint FTW! :D

loldoublepost:

Front-diagonal walking sprites done. :D
2-8.gif

I knew I should of posted.

Anyway, nice job Pepper. I think I may play as her to see how she differs the gameplay.

enphasis on "may" cause im not a big sally fan or anything, but im not picky either. Im glad you kept the vest too.

Back-diagonal walking sprites done! :D The arms/hands I drew from scratch are moving rather nicely. :)
5-11.gif

Besides refining the sprites I've already got done, the walking frames was literally just half the work. :P Now to work on her hurt and spring-up frames.
Chrispy said:
The hands look weird on the back frames. But the others are great.
The hands do look a little jerky, I'll fix that while adding in the head movement.

Your gonna have her spin dash?

That's gonna be odd. Then again, all the animals seem to be learning how to do that now a days. Darn you sonic >< (JK)

Nope, she won't spin dash because of what you mentioned, it would look just plain weird. :P Sally's stats will be somewhat similar to Donnyku's Amy, but without the slow fall. (Which would also make little sense if I left it in there.) Including the fact that Sally won't have any ability or spin frames, she'll need less than 90 sprites to be a completely functional character.

Sorry I have no sprites to share with you guys right now, I'm trying to whip up a quick playable Alpha. We need to see how well she plays before the final release, I want her to handle as uniquely as possible from other slow characters. If any of you have some S_SKIN tweaks in mind, post it up. :P

On the back corner, the left arm looks shorter than the right.
EDIT: Also, on the side frames her right arm just disappears once it pulls away from the chest.

Okay guys, I have finished a beta, Sally is finally taking her first steps into the SRB2 universe! Get it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mm0qgzmnwmd
Pictures taken through WINE while in OpenGL, I was too lazy to go back to software mode. A small portion of the screenshots are missing at the top, but it's not a big deal. Although it would help if WINE did a better job of coexisting with my Gnome panels.

srb20002-3.png

srb20004-3.png

Of course, lots of the frames don't have any obvious flaws, but they're still there. I haven't finished the tipping or boredom sprites either, so they didn't make it in the beta. I also didn't have time to address Chrispy's feedback on the walking frames, so they'll have to wait for the finished WAD too. The character select picture is somewhat temporary, as I'm still editing it to better resemble her sprites. If you find anything that I might have missed besides that, please share it here.
Also, I'm mostly releasing this for feedback on how well she handles in game. I would like to know if everyone's okay with her not having any ability at all. :P

Okay, so you're definatily going to finish first. but I'm still going to work on mine. Slowly.

I don't think Sally is a very good character. She looks nice, but she can't really do ANYTHING. I do remember seeing an episode of her spindashing once in the show after getting a power ring, so I don't see why you shouldn't make her do it. Also it says "She can't spindash or roll" but spindashing and rolling are the same. :P

SHE COULD ACTUALLY SPINDASH?! ZOMG!!! O_o'
Really though, you've definitely watched more episodes than I did. :P There might be some evidence of her spindashing, but what about starting to spin while moving? I need to see if there's a Youtube video somewhere of her doing that...

Anyway, here's what her boredom and tipping sprites looks like. What do you guys think?
SALYC1.png
SALYZ5.png

Chrispy said:
Also it says "She can't spindash or roll" but spindashing and rolling are the same. :P
You can tell I was in a hurry to edit amy.wad's OBJCTCFG into Sally's. >_> After making some more sprites, I'm gonna put "can only spindash while standing". How's that?

Slight update: I finished fixing all of the walking sprites and some others. I'm leaving the character select picture alone, because I ruined it trying to "fix" it. All that's left now is the spin frames and she's done!
Luisete said:
Well, you must delete that O_O in her ability information, isn't serious
Okay, I got rid of the "O_o". :P

I'm almost done with Sally, but I'm bumping into problems. >_>
-Her hair changing color isn't as good as it sounds. It works, but I'm thinking about leaving the color changing to her jacket and boots.
srb20005-3.png

-I can't make her spin dash only while standing, so she'll have to spin like every other character.
-The side spin frames turned out ugly, have to scrap 'em...

So yeah, Sally's completion will have to wait until tomorrow instead of tonight. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back