• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sally.wad (Beta download available!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nitro_the_hedghog said:
NITRO TO THE RESCUE! I FIXED THE SHOOZ! -applause-
salya2a83bx7.png
salya4a63ji2.png
Thank you, nitro. :D

Now that her boots are the right shape and size, I'll get started on Sally's walking frames...after I'm done with the Blaze Rider. Sorry Sally fans, but Blaze HAS to come first, she is the hotter princess after all. =P -insert torturous physical harm here-

Just to let you know, I have been saving your Blaze avatars to my computer. Also Thanks to Sonic Rush Adventure I sort of view Blaze as the Game world's Sally. (Due to a broken DS I can't go into detail, but it involves them having simaler back stories)

glaber said:
Just to let you know, I have been saving your Blaze avatars to my computer.
Lol, me too. I was glad I saved the 'Blender-accident' one before it got changed. (That one was like your official icon, Dr.Pepper!)

Didn't know people liked my avis that much. ^_^
Anyway, I stopped working on her temporarily so I could finish the Shadow, Blaze and Amy riders. After the AmyRE Rider sprites are done, I'll get back to work on Sally without further distraction. Sorry about that guys, I've had other things to do. This is the last time she'll be put off though, so don't stab me just yet! =P

Just to let you know. I haven't done any work since the Gmod base pictures. And my version is going to not have her vest. (Pre issue 18/ Season 1 Satam.)

I guess that means neither of us has a big enough head start. >:P I had a feeling you weren't going to add the vest after seeing your avatar and that GMOD pic in HDIJ.

She needs a more up-to date appearance.

Blue jacket PLUS a white jumpsuit without arms and legs.

I got the idea from SonicXtr3me and his Sonic Halo (failo) mod, who got the idea from some fan-art. If i could find the picture...

BUMP:
Finally done with those Rider sprites, so I'll probably get started on Sally's sprites sometime today. (Yes, I'm serious this time) I have virtually nothing else SRB2-related to distract me at the moment.
I might start with the hurt and spring-up frames, so I can get familiar with drawing her hands before making the walking sprites. Sally's hands aren't very easy for me to draw, which is one reason why I got lazy last month and started work on SonicRE.
Also, I was thinking of not allowing Sally to run at all, (She'd still have running frames for when she is using the Super Sneakers item though.) anyone object? :P
I'll Begin said:
She needs a more up-to date appearance.

Blue jacket PLUS a white jumpsuit without arms and legs.
Not a bad idea, I might do it. :P

Finished the first set of walking sprites. I would have made her head move, but it looked really weird, so I took it out. :P The hands/arms were made from scratch, using Amy's gloves only as a reference.
1-15.gif

H Y P E R said:
NOES!!! NO jumpsuit, it's fine the way it is D:
I only said I might do it, relax. :P It's a very minor detail anyway, maybe we could have an alternate version with the jumpsuit in there? She won't have a whole lot of sprites, so it wouldn't kill me to take half an hour to add it in.

Nice. You could make her hair move up and down slightly so the head doesn't look so stiff. Any particular reason you made the walking from scratch?

I made her hands from scratch because they're different from the gloves all Sonic characters have. It would have required more time to edit the gloves into hands. :P
Also, I don't know how to make Sally's hair bounce without her head making at least some movement. I think it would appear just as weird as the head movement did. Lemme GIF and animate the sprites with head movement real quick, so you can see for yourself how horrible it looks. :P
EDIT:
Pleh.gif

You always manage to make the head movement look 3D-ish, ridiculous looking or not.

Dr.P is doing it, considering I have ChrispyPack to work on. I'm going to help him out here and there, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back