• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sally.wad (Beta download available!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let you know Your competition starts tomorrow as well. I got my GMod Ragdoll and will soon be starting on the base pictures.

Aw man, and just when I thought I could fart around all month working on an easy character as Sally. D:
Anyway, here's what I've got planned for my Sally:
-Sally will front flip when she jumps, so that means she won't have any spin frames.
-She won't have an ability since swimming is broken, and double jump is over-used.
-Her running frames will be her walking sprites with no head movement, like nitro's Rouge.
-Idle frames will have her holding Nichole in one hand, and pressing random buttons on it with her other.
Her hair will change color instead of her boots/jacket, while still noticeable enough from a distance with a low screen resolution.
-That leaves me to make 86 sprites instead of the usual 135, should be easy enough I guess. =P
Also, if any of you Sally fans have an objection, you'd better speak up...like right about now! :P
It's on glaber, may the best can...er man win! =P

Dp, why would you make her hair change color instead of her clothes? I get that you can tell the hair from far away better, but seriously the color I usually am on srb2 is dark blue. If she had dark blue hair.... that would look sorta weird. Also think about if someone switched to peach. That would look a little odd in my opioion.

Dr.Pepper said:
Aw man, and just when I thought I could fart around all month working on an easy character as Sally. D:
You probably still can. We are using different methods to get the sprites

In that case, I'll worry less about rushing it. :P
Anyway, no progress done right now. I'm still editing the sprites, and playing around with SonicRE's standing frames as well. I might start actual work on her during the weekend, as right now I'm just refining the sprites until I'm sure their good to go.

Another reason for the hair color changes: Sally is a girl who is experimenting with hair dyes! *drowns in Dr. Pepper*

Get outta the pop. You should of seen the other 2 official Hair colors she had before this one. (Blond and Black)

Did some more improvements to her sprites. I think I screwed up her back frame, but the rest seem better overall. What do you guys think?
SALYA1-2.png
SALYA2A8-1.png
SALYA3A7-1.png
SALYA4A6-1.png
SALYA5-1.png

Dr.Pepper said:
Did some more improvements to her sprites. I think I screwed up her back frame, but the rest seem better overall. What do you guys think?
SALYA1-2.png
SALYA2A8-1.png
SALYA3A7-1.png
SALYA4A6-1.png
SALYA5-1.png

EXCELLENT! You made Sally pretty good!

She looks like she could use some work on frames: A1, A2A8, A3A7, and A4A6 around the boots. She is either missing her heel or shes standing on the front part of her feet.

Anatomically speaking, you need to increase her dorsiflexion. (In layman's terms, bend her feet up a little bit.)

Okay, I lowered her heels some, how's this?
SALYA1-3.png
SALYA2A8-2.png
SALYA3A7-2.png
SALYA4A6-2.png
SALYA5-2.png

Now to figure out what to do with her A4A6 and A5 frames. I think I might to need to use some darker colors for her fur as well, the current ones are too light.

Unless someone says otherwise....I way she's pretty spot on right there.

So she's just gonna be like a normal WAD right? Jumps and stuff?

*edit*

( make the shoes less big. Not too small that you can't see them but enough so it looks less kingdom heartsy )

Sorry there hasn't been any updates lately, I just got really bored working on Sally, and finished a playable Alpha of SonicRE. (Check signature) I know that I can take a while piddling around with standing sprites until they look right, but crap Sally's hard to work on. I can't even put her eyelashes into these sprites without it looking odd, her eyes are just too small. =P
Anyway, now that SonicRE users have something to play with, I'm going to see if I can finish Sally before Christmas! :D It's an insane challenge, yeah, but I think I can manage to at least get an alpha by then. Now if I could just grow a third arm...
Here's the current standing frames, I fixed the size of the boots...
SALYA1-4.png
SALYA2A8-3.png
SALYA3A7-3.png
SALYA4A6-3.png
SALYA5-3.png

Now if any of you picky Sally fans still have complaint(s), post 'em here sometime today. I want to get started on the walking frames with what I have now.

Nice work!
The only thing that disturbs me is the shoe perspectives on the front and back frames, in the front frames, they tilt outwards, where in the back frames, they face forwards.
That's no biggie though. Otherwise, keep it up, she looks awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back