SA2Shadow V3 beta is out! UPDATE!(On hold due to SF94-serv)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok what I'll do is rip the texture directly from SA2, and use it's colors. It should look very nice when it's done.

EDIT(again):
Result number 2:
resultdj6.png

I still see yellow don't you?

Cegalman said:
sonicfreak94 said:

Did you also notice that in sa2 shadows red part of each spine on his head begins higher than on supershadow on srb2.

Meaning conveyed clearerlyer...er

*SHOT*
*STABBED*
*DIES*
*SET ABLAZE*
*URINATED ON BY A PASSING DOG*

[size=0.000001](rofl)[/size]

Criticism time!

1) The SOCs screw in the MR worse than Overdrive.
2) The sounds are as annoying as possible, especially the jumping sound.
3) Lightdash and homing were designed to give you precision in 3d analog games. Because SRB2 is not in analog, it's purpose has been served. When you'll be playing for the SA experience, SA mode will be on, and you'll have homing, lightdash, and analog anyway, proving them useless here.
4) The thok-item needs to be either more transparent or a different shade of yellow.
5) Run-on-water looks funny with his running frames.
6) Chaos spear has an icky sound effect.
7) I suppose he is overpowered, but when you combine homing, lightdash, water run, and ringslinger, he just feels clumsy.
8) He only has 2 running frames.
9) His spikes are too short.
10) It's just another shadow wad.
11) This is Donnyku 's work. Don't release v4 unless you decide to actually work on the spriting. Stealing means you look bad for not fixing his flaws, and for your lack of effort.

I haven't exactly seen Donnyku complain about any other shadow wad edit have you? Unless you can catch him online and give me his adress to ask for permission on a wad edit thats been done 3 times over, I will continue. I've tried to look for new sounds, and failed in finding them. I don't have an SA2 sound ripper. Water run was already there. Chaos spear, I admit, needs work, and I've asked for help with it. His spikes were already like that weren't they? He only has two running frames because I have yet to finish the rest, as I am working on the super form. The wad is not built to be mixed with other socs, I'm sure, you've seen Draykon say not to mix socs many times. The run on water indeed looks "funny" with his running frames, but again, water run was already there. The thok item is as transparent as it gets, it's just it lats longer than the normal thok item, so spinning in one spot for too long will of course result in an opaque thok item.

Erm, the entire purpose of characters is to use them on levels, whether or not the levels have socs included really doesn't matter. Just because your wad doesn't like Mystic Realm isn't an excuse, you know.

Quick update, I haven't been working on the sprites lately, but they will get done. All I'll do is remove the red spot from his chest and re-release. EDIT: And fix up the colors and all that.

And one more thing... STOP USING SA2 SHADOW V2!!! Thank you.

Updated super sprite 1:
shada1ru8.png

Look with your eyes, not your cursor.

New shoes, I'll do this for all of the super frames. Also I got the basic idea from senku, just his were too small looking to me.

EDIT: Updated super sprite 2:

shada5ty9.png

Again, look with your eyes, not your cursor.

I used the wad in mystic realm but when I used homing attack it spawned eggmans. I need to know if its a glitch or I got a bad recopy.

MR + SOC_within_WADfile = CHAOS! always check for MR ovrelaps before playing with a Socced Wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back