• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Ray.wad (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick question, are all the walking sprites done? If they are can you release a beta? (private or just a public beta, doesn't matter to me)

Need any help? I'm good at editing. Maybe some running sprites. Also, if he's a flying squirrel, you need yellow arms. Just because it's next-gen doesn't mean people have skin coloured arms. Do you see Knuckles with them?

Sorry if i'm sounding a bit pushy, but you need to keep in line with the characteristics of all animals. Sonic has spikes, Tails has at least one tail, Knuckles can curl up into a ball and Blaze has a long, thin tail. Maybe you should think sme of these things through.

Look up Flying Squirrels. They need fur on their arms/forelegs so they can glide. The piece of skin attachs to both sets of legs. If you want him to glide, you're going to have to.

Firstly Hedgehog's can curl into balls.
Secondly, Ray's arms have always been fur covered and Sonic and Mighty's has always been tan.
Thirdly, want reference. First picture on Google images.
flying-squirrels.jpg

Yes, they do roll, but they don't roll around at supersonic speeds.
And pleh, I already said that this is Ray in next gen style.
If you don't like it, then leave this topic.

Next-gen or not. All characters have their similarities since they were first created, even Silver for a matter of fact. Can you please give him arms that aren't tan. Can I get this straight? What ability will Ray have?

Look, I'm just joking now but, if you give him tan arms, he'll be a squirrel, not a flying squirrel.

Violo said:
Firstly Hedgehog's can curl into balls.
Secondly, Ray's arms have always been fur covered and Sonic and Mighty's has always been tan.

1. Hedgehogs can curl, but they can't roll that much, plus, they can't do the SPINDASH, and besides, having animals that can walk in two feet, talk, and some of them turning yellow and having super powers proves that here, it doesn't make sense, which means that logic doesn't matter either.

2. Ok, Ray's arms might have fur, though, Ray doesn't have those things that make squirrels fly, and besides, I heard that Ray glide with his tail (I think), so yet, logic doesn't matter in here.

:SonicMaster: said:
I would go as far as saying Sonic is not a hedgehog, but a primate that has only a trace resemblance of one.
Lol, why not a human who have been transformed in a hedgehog?
EDIT: Anyway, back on topic...

Sonic is an anthropomorphic hedgehog. And wherever anthro is involved, logic isn't. Just make the weasel fly with his tail and call it a day.

Viola, do you see any skin flaps here?
img013uh3.jpg

Or here?
Raythesquirrel.gif

No, you don't. Do you see yellow arms? Yes, but that doesn't mean his arms need to be yellow or anything, even if he had the flaps under his arms it could be the skin color too.

Senku Niola said:
Viola, do you see any skin flaps here?
img013uh3.jpg

Or here?
Raythesquirrel.gif

No, you don't. Do you see yellow arms? Yes, but that doesn't mean his arms need to be yellow or anything, even if he had the flaps under his arms it could be the skin color too.

Gaaaah! VIOLO, VIOLO! Hm. Well the first one is artwork and is basing off H Y P E R's while the second one, I do kinda see them, but I'm not sure. If he wants his arms tan or not that's up to him. But you know what, there has been five people who said he needs to be without the tan arms, and he just ignores them. All he's saaying is, "He's next-gen style" and that's it. But what am I to say, he can do whatever he wants. Although I've found even better Next-Gen style artwork of him.
Sorry. Went a little far there.

Violo said:
Gaaaah! VIOLO, VIOLO! Hm. Well the first one is artwork and is basing off H Y P E R's while the second one, I do kinda see them, but I'm not sure. If he wants his arms tan or not that's up to him. But you know what, there has been five people who said he needs to be without the tan arms, and he just ignores them. All he's saaying is, "He's next-gen style" and that's it. But what am I to say, he can do whatever he wants. Although I've found even better Next-Gen style artwork of him.
Sorry. Went a little far there.
H Y P E R, if you really want him NG, make him look more like...This.

Gloves and shoes are too Riders like, very nice design though. The hair and fur tuft on his chest might be a nice addition.

Okay, I've got a lot of people wanting the classic Ray,
so I've come to a decision. I will make two versions of ray.
Raymodern.wad and Rayclassic.wad. Here is a sample sprite
of the classic version:
Copy%20(4)%20of%20RAAYA1.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back